Rear Axle Replacement 2004 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4WD (YFM400FWS)??

Started by Dave1, December 09, 2008, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave1

This is a follow up question to another thread I started when I thought I had a bad rear wheel bearing on my 2004 Yam BB 400 ATV.  The issue has turned out to be a worn out wheel hub and axle splines.

I have found the new axle for $237 plus shipping online at Extreme Powersports Flemming Yamaha in NJ. http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx  That is much better than the $378 I was quoted from a Yam shop here locally.

I do need to find a repair manual that will walk me thru the steps to remove old axle and install new axle and any associated required work or parts.  I have tried several of the online repair manual sites that have been mentioned and found only a supplemental manual and not the real mechanical repair manual for ATV model YFM400FWS.

Has anyone done this repair/replacement?

Thanks, Dave