has anybody ever gone or know somebody that has gone to mmi??

Started by kawasakimojaverider, November 15, 2008, 07:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawasakimojaverider


svtbolt04

I go now. send me an AIM at svtbolt04 and I'll try to help as much as possible.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

kawasakimojaverider


Bigscrb15

i know a few people that went there for Suzuki/Kawi/Yammy programs and they liked it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

kawasakimojaverider

i was gonna try the yamaha tech but idk is there jobs available??

svtbolt04

If you go to school here, dont expect to have a job paying well for a yamaha technician paying more than 8bux an hour.. And why should they pay more? They have TONS of entry level people leaving MMI and wanting to just stay in central florida.

I'm taking Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. Before you get into your electives, you have to go through Theory and MTP. I suggest if you want to start anytime in the next 12 weeks, you get on the ball right now and start talking to an administrator. I started with a completely full class of 60, and now dropped down to around 50.

Also, its 6 weeks before you even do any real hands on stuff. Just forewarning you.

But other than that, I love it. Never been more happier with my choice on picking this school over wyotech.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

kawasakimojaverider

how long are you in school for? my cousin just ended his 15 month program but i dont know what he was studying...  i love working on bikes but i dont want to work for something that im not gonna be able to get a job anywhere .. if mmi doesnt work out im either gonna try the diesel mechanic program or go to valencia and study criminal justice what ever i do i have to step up and do it oh and i guess you have to have a ged to get into mmi?? right

svtbolt04

Yes, you need a G.E.D. I am in for 96 weeks taking all 4 metrics. If I decide to do Harley, it will be much longer.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Bigscrb15

yes there are jobs out there. most begginer techs start doing minor stuff like oil changes, tires changes, and assembling the units out of the crates. a lot of the guys think they are going to be rebuilding bikes right away and get mad and leave. that opens up new jobs for the graduating guys.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com