ITS OFF ITS OFF!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO

Started by stump66, June 08, 2005, 07:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

 ;D I am probly one of the happiest people in the world right now. After 9 looongg months I flew up to Baltimore and had that darn midevil torture devise REMOVED!!!! OMG THE RELIEF in pain is almost uphoric. I still am not at the end of the road and will be in a cast for another month or 2 but just getting that thing off my leg is SOOOOO GREAT!!!! SORRY  if I gush a bit but its been a hard 5 yrs trying to keep my leg. For those of ya'll that never saw this thing I'll post a pic but now I just havea below the knee cast. hmmm how do ya post pics now? If I can't just imagine a halo for a broken neck with 20 pins threaded into and going through my lower leg. I had to share cause lotz of you have been very supportive and understanding when I got short tempered. THANK YOU ALL!!!! Now the kids and I can make the next Rodman, WHOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
Well I am being stupid about getting a pic up but here is a link that shows the devise that was on me for 9 months for those who might be interested.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://xlh.sallsyntadiagnoser.nu/imageserver/DSCF2286.jpg-till-hemsid-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://xlh.sallsyntadiagnoser.nu/start.asp%3Fsida%3D5177&h=340&w=307&sz=11&tbnid=SsbxrKTHU9cJ:&tbnh=115&tbnw=103&hl=en&start=4&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2B%2522ILIZAROV%2B%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26as_qdr%3Dall

oer here
http://www.ilizarov.org.uk/dressing.htm
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Da_Mtg_Man

It says page not found.
Congrats on the progress. I can't imagine how you must feel right now. Keep plugging along.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

stump66

I found another link that works its fixed.  ;)

BTW how do you or can you post pics with your posts now,I've been outta touch for a week or 2??
tanx
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Mrs.Nightbreed

Congradulations!!!!  ;D  I can't imagine the feeling. That is one more step on the way to recovery. 8)

Can't wait to see you guys at Rodman!

gery350

man that looks like alot of pain. glad to hear its over with(well for the most part) do you mind me asking what happened?
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

LakeMaryKid

congrats man, cant wait to ride with you and the family!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

o4250


stump66

#7
Quote from: gery350 on June 08, 2005, 09:28:45 AM
man that looks like alot of pain. glad to hear its over with(well for the most part) do you mind me asking what happened?


I may have explained what happened before on here at least I think I did, but long story short back in 2000 on mothers day I was visiting fam in south fla. A couple punks decided they wanted my pretty pearl white 3000gt more then I did and pulled a gun on me (CAR JACKED). I could have given them the car and been shot anyway but I took off and that's all I really remember. I was either shot at or run of the road and hit a huge palm in the middle of the road doing 65+. I was in ICU for 2 weeks. Broke all my ribs, lacerated liver, collapsed lung, double compound tibia/tibia fracture and crushed all the bones in my foot. I've been through 15+ surgeries 7 surgeons in 4 different states. But have narrowed it to the best in the world and I think I am about at the end of a long road. I have put 12% of my life to saving my leg, that's a long time in the big picture. BEST THING is my youngest was born 4  months after it happened and I have had the joy of being here almost every day of his life and can almost say it was worth it. But on the other side I almost wish I wouldn't have had a choice and would have lost it that night and I would be getting on with life like sooo many brave solders with a prosthetic. 5 Years gives you allot of time to think about values and priorities. My wife and kids are my life. Like our friend Dreth I was kept here with more to do.
ENOUGH RAMBLING ,LOL
THANKS FOR ALLLLLLL THE SUPPORT!!!!
See Y'all really soon on the trails.
You guys are the best second family anyone could ask for.
:'(
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

gery350

wow sport66. that sounds like quite a journey you took. sure puts things in perspective.
man we take ALOT of things for granted.
its very heroic and i applaud you for it. 15 surgeries. man.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

bigb

accepting donations in the form of a quad.

Hoosier Daddy

Sport,

   Its horriable that bad things happen to good people.
Im glad to see your journey is almost over!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

cain73

Congrats brother ! I know it's been a long hard road, but the destination is more important than the journey. Can't wait to ride with you and the family.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

wheelie_boy

Man thats a horrible thing that happened to you. And man that looks like a horrible thing to wear on your legs.  Well im glad for you that you got it off.  Keep up the healing ;)
05 kx 250f

alex_trxer

congrats man, i gotta ask did they catch them kids who tried stealing your car?also im very happy that you are hear and like someone in here befor posted it does make you think about the stuff you take for granted.and one more thing you post pics by: hitting additional options under where you type the messag, and then you well see browse i think you know how to do it from there if not let me know and ill show you ;).
   
getting them back

TRX450R_Racer

Good luck with the road a head of you. Keep up the hard work.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dreth

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glennd

CONGRATS.  Seen a surgery where they installed 1 of them, there torture devices.  Didn't look like fun going on either.  Did they let you keep it?  With a few modifications it would make a great hairpiece.  Kind-a like a Johnny Carson arrow through the head thing, but far more painful look'n.

Honda328i

That's quite a story sport.  Reading it sounds awful painful, I can't even imagine.  You can live to tell and see the bright side in your situation.  That's great news it's finally off!
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

stump66

To this day I never spoke to a cop about the accident. I spent 2 weeks in ICU and went home in pretty bad shape so I didn't much care about catching anyone. Yes I do get to keep most of the devise but they reuse some of the stuff I don't get back. I have a collection of plates,screws and rods from the previous failed surgeries. Here is a pic from january of my leg.
 THANKS Y'ALL ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Chuck_Norris


Numkut

You must feel like a free man after having to get along w/ those bad boys. Congrats on the recovery and good luck on the last leg of the recovery!
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

tekhanto

Good luck with future and hope that you will be able to ride Atv again
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

kawGIRL

Very Happy for you :)



I'm sure you feel better already, we will miss all the time you spent reserching things for us all...LOL  ;D
Now you can get out and enjoy the outside world again ;)
One day at a time...
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com