Thunderbowl Speedway- TT Racing- Saturday, 11/8/08

Started by Fast66071, November 05, 2008, 12:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast66071

We will be TT racing this Saturday.

Gates Open @ 10am
Practice @ 12pm
Racing@ 1pm

We will be running a different version of the track this time, so be prepared!

The weather is nice, gas is cheap, and depending on the classes, I may throw a money class or two out there. Come on out- we'll have some fun and support the track.

Also, this is the last race before the flat track and TT racing is combined on the same day. The remaining races will be both.

Thank You
Rick Dugan







stgsali

I'll be there with the pictures that people have ordered. The gentleman that won the UTE race, #69, if anyone knows him let him know I have a picture of him with his trophy. Plus, I have a couple of him getting some air over the jump.
Anyone on 2 wheels going to show? I was thing about taking the lights off my XR650R and giving it a go, that is if I can run the tires I have, DOT legal knobs! lol
Anyway, I will be there and taking pictures again. See ya there!
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jayman

 >:(


After it was canceled I made commitments to others.................................I really wanted to be there........................

If it were later that day I could make but I guess I will see you guys the next race  :'(
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

YamahaBabe27

Yes I did the same. I guess ill see you at the next one also
Paige

N-Tense Motorsports

We made plans too, but we'll be there for the next one.
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N-Tense Motorsports

Quote from: stgsali on November 05, 2008, 06:37:40 AM
I'll be there with the pictures that people have ordered. The gentleman that won the UTE race, #69, if anyone knows him let him know I have a picture of him with his trophy. Plus, I have a couple of him getting some air over the jump.
Anyone on 2 wheels going to show? I was thing about taking the lights off my XR650R and giving it a go, that is if I can run the tires I have, DOT legal knobs! lol
Anyway, I will be there and taking pictures again. See ya there!
Richard.

Richard,

#69 is Jake Craft, we'll be seeing him tonight and let him know about the pic.  He won't be making it for the race this weekend either. 
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast66071

Who cancelled it? It was never cancelled that I'm aware of? It's on the schedule, and I announced the race on the 8th at the drivers meeting at the previous race.

-Rick Dugan

BT243


jayman

I saw a post that it was canceled/rescheduled and would scheduled with the flat track race.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

This is the post I read it from Rick

* The remaining two TT & flat track races for November and December are going to be re-scheduled and combined. This means that there will be TT and Flat Track racing on one day, instead of doing them on seperate weekends. The TT racing will be during the day, and the flat track racing will be at night under the lights. There are several reasons for this, but it's mainly for the riders benefit. This will keep riders from having to choose "one or the other" types of racing. Also, there will some fee changes involved. This part has not been worked out, but it will basically be that if a rider runs TT during the day, then their entry fee for that nights flat track race will be reduced. We know times are tight, and we are trying to do some different things to keep racing as affordable as possible for the riders. The new dates and times will be available in a day or two. We'll see how this works, and go from there.
* Thunderbowl will have its own seperate points series starting in January. The details ae not worked out, so I don't know if it will be seperate TT & flat track series, or one combined series for both. I will get all the details, schedules, etc. worked out and get them out there asap.
* And finally, I made an anouncement at the last drivers meeting regarding this, but for those who weren't there, I'll go over it again. As many of you know, Brady's wife has been battling cancer for the last several months. Without going into a lot of details, I can tell you things are not going well. At Brady's request, I will be handling all of the Thunderbowl Speedway business. Myself, as Race Director, Teddy Morrison as Flagman, my wife Liz, and Teddy's wife Jennifer will continue to operate the races the same way everyone is used to. I would ask everyone to please respect Brady and his family's privacy, and please do not call him or email during this very trying time. If you have any questions or need anything regarding Thunderbowl, or racing in general, please call me at 352-266-1961 or PM me and I will be happy to help you. I will also be posting info under Brady's "fastrnrik" screen name in the forum section of the Thunderbowl website.

If anyone has any comments or input on any of this, please let me know.

Thank You
Rick Dugan         
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Fast66071

Yes, what I meant was-  when the races are combined, it will be individually announced as I just did for the upcoming races. I can definately see how it could be misinterpreted though. I guess with all that we've had going on up here, I hadn't really thought about making sure that was straight. Sorry, that's my mistake. 

Rick Dugan   

jayman

Rick

No problem here, I know your plate is FULL.  I just wished I had not made other commitments because I will be picking my quad up from ATP on Friday.  It is on the dyno as we speak!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

Well now, no new air shots of Jayman! lol I'll have the pic's at the next race too!
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jayman

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Sandbagger11

07 Maxium TT Vet champ

KnK Motorsports

Well you know I will be there with my crew and bringing some new faces as well.
K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan


06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21

unforgiven

i might be there depressed to watch all the guys with more money than skill run the vet class lol,i'm a broke azz mfer

cjcracing

CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

Sandbagger11

Quote from: unforgiven on November 06, 2008, 02:15:09 PM
i might be there depressed to watch all the guys with more money than skill run the vet class lol,i'm a broke azz mfer
Geeze, at least the rest of the vet class can keep the quads off the wall.... LOL :box.gif
07 Maxium TT Vet champ

koh0001

I'll be there.
I STILL don't have my motor back for my TT bike , but he is suppose to bring it with him to the track tomorrow. I'll just have to try to keep up on the o'mx bike... I'm just ready to race again on anything!! ;D
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

jayman

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

KnK Motorsports

The track was great. Thanks to Rick and the gang for getting everything together for us. It was a small turn out but it was still fun and safe.

I think it is time for all of the quad people to get with the program. We all complain that there is no place to ride/race so Brady spent alot and I mean ALOT of his time and hard earned money to provide us with a great place. And it seems as if we are letting him down. The turn out at T Bowl has started to dwindle away and that sucks. I understand the economy is bad right now and people can not make it to every race but, we need to pull it together and start talking and encouraging more and more people to come out and race/ride/and watch..

I have to hand it to all of the motorcycle guys they have really come around. It started with a few and now they out number the quads it seems, at the last TT race we had I think  9 quads with the exception of the kids, and I could not count the number of motorcycles that showed up that afternoon for flattrack.

Brady is doing everything we ask him to do, we ask for a TT track and he gives us one, we ask for a different layout so he makes the track different each time. Brady has done a lot for us and I think it is time for all of us to give some back to him.

Wayne
K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan


06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21

jayman

Wayne very well put, I can not agree more.  I had every intentions on making it until I misunderstood Rick's post.  Any how you can add two quads for the next race as well as one utv. 

Did any utvs make it out?  What layout was the track in yesterday?  Did Gary show up with his LTR  ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

Hey people, Eric and I have a bunch of pictures of everyone that was at T-Bowl yesterday. Unfortunately, no real "air" shots over the jump. Got some good close racing shots and and some "strung out slide" shots. I'll be trying to post some of those later today. Anyone wanting a pic let me know.
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jennifer~at~thunderbowl

Richard, You should have gotten a pic of that awesome limo coming through with the JR COUGAR CHEERLEADERS and the awesome COACH JENNIFER !!!!! :P

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com