How much for MY pred 500

Started by bhsballer76, October 28, 2008, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhsballer76

So i have my pred on craigslist and i received an offer on it. What do you guys think is a reasonable selling price?? I dont want to let it go to cheap. The only things wrong with it are a very small repair in the seat cover and a small reapair to the rear plastics... The guy says he has the cash to come pick it up tommorow but i want to make sure i am doing the right thing before i sell it..Thanks alot.

Oh..its a 2005 in case anyone is wondering..










TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kawasakimojaverider

thats a nice bike how much is he offering??


bhsballer76

Quote from: bhsballer76 on October 28, 2008, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 28, 2008, 05:06:13 PM
$2300

is that serious???

he is offering 3000 . I really like it but if i keep it , i am going to want to buy new plastics and a new seat cover... The plastics are really expensive so it would be like 400 that i really dont have to put into right now..

I just want to make sure i am getting a good price b/c it has alot of upgrades and is a really solid quad..

CABLEGUY1

He would be getting a good deal but on the other hand if you needed to sell it I would say take the 3 for it due to the economy right now. If he doesn't buy yours he will get something as nice if not better for that price because alot people need to sell their toys right now. That is a very nice looking Predator. I would hate to sell it if it were mine. You must polish those rims don't you?

Yamaha72

Kelly Blue Book is $3555, so i'd say 3k isn't too bad of a price. If you really want to keep it and can afford it, don't sell.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

bhsballer76

i really dont need to sell it. I actually got it on a trade for a nice dirtbike i had. But to be perfect( as i like my toys to be), it will need new rear plastics and a new seat cover as well. I dont know if i can find a nice quad for the 3000 i would be selling this one for?? There seem to be a lot of 2003 predators on craigs list for a lot more money than i was askiing... Maybe i would be better off keeping it and just getting the new plastics and seat cover.

quadguy33

NADA is $2,740 low and $3,605 high i don't think thats to bad a price. it depends on how much you like the bike. what its worth to you.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: bhsballer76 on October 28, 2008, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 28, 2008, 05:06:13 PM
$2300

is that serious???

Yes, look around at the more popular 450s. They all take a nose dive after a few years, unless you have another $8,000 to $10,000 in it. I have about $16,000 or $17,000 in my quad. That includes the $6,500 I paid for it brand new. I would be luck to get $4000 for it.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

apkkfx400

bhs-I know the guy you traded that quad for-he's a real douchebag, j/k.  He is a good friend of mine and he kept really good care of that polaris. The plastics suck, but that's the nature of that beast-weak plastics.  I've had my '05 kfx400 for sale for probably 6months and hardly any serious offers.  It's in great condition w/no broken plastics-a lot of trades have been offered-mostly dirtbikes, but since I already have a dirtbike, i"m looking for the money!!  $3000 is a strong offer in these times.

m0n0x1d3

I would take the 3k if I was you.
I have an 06 in realy nice condition and tons of aftermarket parts and
I havnt even gotten a 3k offer.
Maybe I should try that craigslist thing  >:D

bhsballer76

Quote from: apkkfx400 on October 29, 2008, 02:40:56 PM
bhs-I know the guy you traded that quad for-he's a real douchebag, j/k.  He is a good friend of mine and he kept really good care of that polaris. The plastics suck, but that's the nature of that beast-weak plastics.  I've had my '05 kfx400 for sale for probably 6months and hardly any serious offers.  It's in great condition w/no broken plastics-a lot of trades have been offered-mostly dirtbikes, but since I already have a dirtbike, i"m looking for the money!!  $3000 is a strong offer in these times.

hahaa...no joke huh?? do you know what kind of bike i traded him for the pred???

apkkfx400

#13
I know it's a yellow suzuki 2stroker, I think it's a '04 model year.  We went to Durhamtown with some other friends about 3wks ago.  It's a nice bike.

bhsballer76

Quote from: apkkfx400 on October 30, 2008, 09:29:06 AM
I know it's a yellow suzuki 2stroker, I think it's a '04 model year.  We went to Durhamtown with some other friends about 3wks ago.  It's a nice bike.

haha . yea, you are right.. it was a 2005 suzuki rm 250. Bike was well taken care of. I was wondering how he was liking it....

apkkfx400

he likes it.  We had a blast (again) in Durhamtown.

bhsballer76

do you ride with anyone from land o lakes??... i was talking to a guy about a dirtbike and he mentioned that he and some freinds recently went to durahmtown ...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com