Artic cat overheating??

Started by Gato, October 14, 2008, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gato

I have a 2002 AC 400 it is overheating according to the indicator but the motor doesn't seam to be hot to where you can't touch it but the light comes on anyway?
I changed the thermostat and cooling fluid, but it still does it.
I was told to check the water pump impeller but I looked it up and there are 2 seals that need to be replaced if taken apart.
I was wondering if someone here has done it and if so is it a DIY project or should I take it to someone?
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

EIGER-MUDDER

the artic cat has the suzuki eiger motor in it   dose it stay on if u run fast or if u run in some water if it still on after that stuff it just might be a   sensor or ur cdi box  its just a air cool and motor right
THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT


suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes

scrimmy

if you need any oem parts let me know. i will save you money.

Gato

Quote from: EIGER-MUDDER on October 15, 2008, 12:26:21 AM
the artic cat has the suzuki eiger motor in it   dose it stay on if u run fast or if u run in some water if it still on after that stuff it just might be a   sensor or ur cdi box  its just a air cool and motor right
no it has a radiator not just air cooled but yes it stays on all the time but when I first start it it is not on it comes on after about 2 minutes or a little less in idol
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1