Masons? for a small job?

Started by Ida_Mann, June 08, 2005, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

I want to enclose a carport to make a one-car garage,,,if I buy the materials, anyone willing to do the masonry work?

I'll help of course.

in Deltona by the way.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Da_Mtg_Man

#1
What does a Mason have to do with this? I thought they help sick children.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

J.D.

Couldn't carry too many blocks int the cars they drive around in . :P
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Honda328i

Id@ can you use wood instead?  (not knowing what it looks like)  Probably be less money too and easier to work with.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

I could, but the home is concrete block, and I want to continue that,,,,pluss, my babies are going in the garage,,,,,I want them as secure as possible.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ace5180

 What size is the carport? How tall are the walls going to be? Depending on the size I might be able to get the time off of work to help out.
03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe

Ida_Mann

just a 1-car carport and I'll have measurements soon, but standard size carport and roof,,,,,dunno even what that is.

but I have another idea as well that I would need a mason for, or someone to teach me how to lay the concrete block,,,,I'd love to do it myself if I could learn.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ace5180

 It is not difficult to learn, but it is very tedious and you must have the patience to deal with it. If you want to learn how, I would be more than happy to teach you.
03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe

Ida_Mann

us computer guys are always learning something,,,,,,I'm always up to learning something new.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Honda328i

I did some brick laying in the 80's and might spare a few hours on a w/e sometime.  Save some bricks for a BBQ pit and we can make an event out of it!  --H
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Honda328i on June 10, 2005, 01:51:21 AM
I did some brick laying in the 80's and might spare a few hours on a w/e sometime.  Save some bricks for a BBQ pit and we can make an event out of it!  --H

hehehe BBQ pit was gonna be a project for later if I learned how to do it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX350_On_The_Rack

You get permits for this? Not sure what the building code is where you live, but if it does require a permit and you haven't got one I'd do it before it's too late with the Hurricane Season and all. By the way where are you located? If I can make it I would be happy to help.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]