Hummer's are Bad A$$

Started by Rare Earth Rider, October 10, 2008, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rare Earth Rider

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The H1's are Bad A$$, The H2 on the other hand...not so much. More of just a show stopper. It's built on a light duty chevy pickup frame. If I were to do it, I'd pay 125 grand and get the real deal H1 with the diesel.


I'll do you one better, this company is now making stuff exclusively for the military.

Blown 427
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_iup2jXQqI
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

TRX450R_Racer

Cool video.
You can't compare the H1 military vehicle to the H2 3/4 ton chevy truck.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Rare Earth Rider

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 12:50:39 AM
Cool video.
You can't compare the H1 military vehicle to the H2 3/4 ton chevy truck.

Exactly brother
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Chevy1500z71

the h1 alphas are freeking insane. you can order one at a dealer for something like 140,000$. the alphas come with a 3" body lift and a duramax/alison setup with no cats or emissions controls.

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

They are insane, Seen one climb a nearly vertical 6 foot vertical wall.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Chevy1500z71

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUklAYif_vc&feature=related

this is a great example for all you hardcore ford fans who like to go on about there solid front axles. hummer h1, independent front and back suspension, toughest truck iv ever seen.

TurboGSXR

#9
Hummers are big and bulky and the original H1 with the 6.5 is crap along with the crap tranny.  Top it all off with a crappy service department that will work on everything first and the H1 absolutely last because they have to count the codes or something ridiculous like that.  I have an H1 w/ 3 " body lift on 36's.  Interior is put together crappy.  Especially when I took it to Mudfest a banshee pulled out in front of me and I had to stop ....had to be pulled out by a $10000.00 Jeep.

All in all its the service that bothers me though!
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Just don't forget that Hummer used to be owned by Lambo.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Chevy1500z71

#11
Quote from: Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 on October 10, 2008, 01:48:41 AM
Just don't forget that Hummer used to be owned by Lambo.

never. they were originally made by amc, which at one point was bought and owned by gm, which is what got it under the gm name before amc went under.

EDIT: actually, i think amc is still in business, but only make big trucks...

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I'm sorry, they made something similar to the hummer. Basically was a hummer. Lamborghini LM002.

So you're right my man.


Ugly thing too

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Chevy1500z71

yea, im was pretty sure amc designed it and then wehn gm bought amc they put it under a new name "hummer". amc is now "AM general" and they make big trucks, i dont know if they are still owned by gm or not... never heard or seen of that ugly lambo thing before, looks pretty gay lol

Chevy1500z71

encase your wondering, i was just watching tons of videos and stuff of the h1s last week after one caught my attention from another forum or something so i read alot about them, thats why i know this useless information lol

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Haha thats how it usually goes man.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Rare Earth Rider

#16
Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch


Chillinthemost

Quote from: Chevy1500z71 on October 10, 2008, 01:46:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUklAYif_vc&feature=related

this is a great example for all you hardcore ford fans who like to go on about there solid front axles. hummer h1, independent front and back suspension, toughest truck iv ever seen.
You can hardely compare a Hummers independent suspension with Chevys IFS front ends.  Not even similiar.


  The videos are cool and all but it boils down to the fact that Hummers are just toys for the wealthy.  140k to do the things in the video? I'll just take my Rhino.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

I've spent a good amount of time in an H1 Alpha and can tell you first hand that it's a giant, uncomfortable and hardly capable off road, POS.  A very lightly modified jeep will just crush a hummer off road.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: Realityhello on October 12, 2008, 01:28:17 AM
I've spent a good amount of time in an H1 Alpha and can tell you first hand that it's a giant, uncomfortable and hardly capable off road, POS.  A very lightly modified jeep will just crush a hummer off road.

you seriously are going to say an h1 alpha is a turd? give me some details, some proof as to why it sucks? i just have a hard time believing a 140,000$ truck that is practically bomb proof can be a turd like you describe it...

Turboderf

neat video ...cool way to change a tire

TurboGSXR

Has anyone not read what I typed.  It is a piece of crap I own one.  Would never buy another one again!

POS
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: TurboGSXR on October 12, 2008, 04:24:18 AM
Has anyone not read what I typed.  It is a piece of crap I own one.  Would never buy another one again!

POS

yea im sure you own a 140,000$ hummer h1 alpha. do you have a piece of crap h2 or something?

TurboGSXR

no I have the H1....why is that so hard to believe?
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: TurboGSXR on October 12, 2008, 03:40:44 PM
no I have the H1....why is that so hard to believe?

becasue i have a feeling that your the guy who bought some abused piece of junk h1 with a slow ass 6.5 diesel in it and then wonder why it is such a turd...

TurboGSXR

No actually I wanted an H1 that was orange.  When I went to the dealer ship they had one and it was the 10th anniversary edition.  They only made 65 of those in 2002.  The dealer had #34.  I put a deposit down.  I changed my mind and wanted the H2.  Changed my mind again and they sold it to Ricky Williams #34 on the Dolphins. So I looked for another one and .....guess what I found #1.  So I bought it for $117800.00 not $140000.00.  Anyways yes I do have an H1....Dessert Orange #1.  In my garage as we speak.  So kiss my azz!
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: TurboGSXR on October 12, 2008, 09:14:12 PM
No actually I wanted an H1 that was orange.  When I went to the dealer ship they had one and it was the 10th anniversary edition.  They only made 65 of those in 2002.  The dealer had #34.  I put a deposit down.  I changed my mind and wanted the H2.  Changed my mind again and they sold it to Ricky Williams #34 on the Dolphins. So I looked for another one and .....guess what I found #1.  So I bought it for $117800.00 not $140000.00.  Anyways yes I do have an H1....Dessert Orange #1.  In my garage as we speak.  So kiss my azz!

so you got a really badass truck... why the hell are you putting it down for? it really just cant be a piece of crap like you describe it, i just refuse to believe a truck that expensive and nice is a peice of junk. i want deails, does it have any technical issues or are you just not comfortable in it or something like that?

TurboGSXR

read the above thread.....it is a piece of sh*t.  The biggest problem in the service......and its a piece of sh*t
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

TurboGSXR

(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Anoriginal

A very good friend of mine has the Alpha. I've traveled in it with him all over this state and back and forth to Alabama and South Carolina hunting in it. I've told him that from now on, I will never go anywhere in it with him.

First of all, it rides like crap. Rough, noisey and if you're not hte driver, you have zero room. They are hard to see out of, and you basically have to shout to talk. Even with the Duramax, they are under powered to boot. I say this because the Hummer has no room inside for gear so, every time we traveled (hunting trips) we were forced to pull a trailer with our stuff. The thing was lethargic and got horrible mileage.

As far as off road ability, it has none. It is way too wide for trail use. You can't get into any place that isn't at least 8-10 foot wide.  Also, it's ridiculously heavy and any time you get in any sticky situations, it's going to the bottom. I've seen this first hand in the Evergaldes.

A few years back, I participated in the off road sportsman's challenge put on by 4 Wheel Drive Magazine on the Seminole Indian reservation in the Everglades. One of the entries into the 40"+ tire class was a Hummer outfitted with a 502. Neat rig, but it sure sucked off road. The Jeeps in the event walked all over it.

So, from my personal experience, I find them to be uncomfortable, lacking in space, lacking in power, over weight, too wide, rough riding, noisey, bad on fuel and underpowered. Other than that, they're perfect... for people with insecurity issues. lol.  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

TurboGSXR

So, from my personal experience, I find them to be uncomfortable, lacking in space, lacking in power, over weight, too wide, rough riding, noisey, bad on fuel and underpowered. Other than that, they're perfect... for people with insecurity issues. lol.  Wink

I agree but there is room inside.  I took mine to Maine from Florida and had no problem with the space inside....and as far as the insecurity issues......my daddy used to touch me in my tickle spot :)
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

klutchbuster400

I dont see what all the fuss is about...
I've ridden in an h2 several times and its awesome. It has power when you need it, plenty of space, and its not noisy at all.

Anoriginal

H2 = Tahoe chassis with an ugly body.

H1 = Great room if you're just hauling you and your stuff. Add a few others and..... ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

TurboGSXR

I disagree Hi is no room and H2.........not worth it.
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

TurboGSXR

and kiss my azz I have nothing to provr to you
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

MudMan

Quote from: TurboGSXR on October 14, 2008, 12:48:49 AM
and kiss my azz I have nothing to provr to you

i think this guy needs a zanny bar or something......or a few less cups of coffee
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::