Saw a cool waterspout today in Key West (pics)

Started by KeysR1, September 29, 2008, 09:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeysR1


TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

FoxHondaRider

pretty awesome.  never seen one that close before
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

1FasterBlaster

  I was crossing the Howard Franklin bridge in Tampa once and one came down right next to my Daughter and I. She was screaming.

Turboderf


FoxHondaRider

One of those dirty devils/dust devils what ever they are called they look just like a tornado but they only go 50ft up or so and arent nearly as strong as a tornado...  one of those came across the road in front of us driving one day lol  everyone starts slamming the brakes and just watching this thing go across the road making like a sand storm.  It was pretty cool
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

That brings back memories of the big F4's and F5's I had to deal with in Nebraska.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

cybercop106

Water spouts are pretty cool. Never saw one in person..... thanks for the pics Keys!
Yep Alba Rider, we had our share of tornadoes in Missouri too. Last one thru my home state (May 2008, the month before I moved to FL) was a 3 on the Enhanced Fujita-Pearson (EF) scale. Fortunately barely one percent of all tornadoes are rated a 4 or 5! 
Guess moving down here we traded them for hurricanes tho, huh?
Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4

cheropride

Great pic's, have you thought about emailing them to the local news Channels...  Those are really great pics!
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

eldiablo64

I took  a cruise to the bahamas a few years ago and there was a waterspout  9 or 10 miles south of the ship. we watched it for atleast an hour.I didn't know they lasted that long but it was over open water.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

FoxHondaRider

I rather have a hurricane than a tornado.  The wind speeds in tornados are way faster and basically shred everything in its path.  Huricane at least you have quite a bit of warning but tornados they just pop out.  On the national news I saw a guy from spring hill, fl where i live and he took a picture of a tornado forming and it was coming down but never touched the ground, pretty cool to see unless it was right outside my house i saw it lol
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

gtnwood

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Quote from: cybercop106 on September 30, 2008, 01:42:39 PM
Water spouts are pretty cool. Never saw one in person..... thanks for the pics Keys!
Yep Alba Rider, we had our share of tornadoes in Missouri too. Last one thru my home state (May 2008, the month before I moved to FL) was a 3 on the Enhanced Fujita-Pearson (EF) scale. Fortunately barely one percent of all tornadoes are rated a 4 or 5! 
Guess moving down here we traded them for hurricanes tho, huh?


Haha we sure did trade it. I used to live here before I lived out there though.

I did have the unfortunate experience of having to go through an F5 in a basement in downtown Kearney, Nebraska.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

RTR_380/450R

Ive had them rain down fish into my boat before.
They are crazy, and they actually come in pairs of 2 or 3 alot of times too!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com