Next Race -9/20/08 Thunderbowl Speedway- RAINED OUT - Moved to 10/4/08

Started by fastrnrik, September 15, 2008, 06:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

The next race is 9/20/08 at Thunderbowl Speedway.

This is the last points race in the S.D.T.A. Summer Points Series. Several classes are very close and will be decided by this race.

The track still has a large groove from the last race, and we ran the cones high in practice yesterday which put another groove higher up. Barring any serious rain event, the track will smooth, hard, and VERY fast. 

Also, at this race I should have a schedule for the remainder of the year.

See Ya There 

WJDTRI

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..........START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Once again this weekend has the making of being the BEST racing this year

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 :o looks like a little bit of rain my slide through this morning --supposed to be a nice cool day with no rain

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

fastrnrik

Race was rained out.

The final SDTA points race has been re-scheduled for 10/4/08. It will be a double header with TT racing and Flat Track racing in the same day. I will post complete information, race times, etc. in a seperate post.

Thank You
-Brady

WJDTRI

Unbelievable, driving home, 10 miles south of the track, clear skies and no sign of any rain. Maybe T Bowl is located on some kind of ancient tribal rain ground
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Yeah, it may have cleared up but how soupy was the track? I went west on 326 and by the time we got to US27 it was clearing up.
With any luck the next race will be clear and cool temperature wise. Hard to know what the weather will be like in 3 days much less in 2 weeks.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

It quit raining at 6 - 6:30. Unfortunately, the damage to the track was already done. It is still mush today. 
I guess I know what I'm doing with my spare time all this week...

stgsali

Does that mean it will be like a billiard table? ;D
We'll race the track anyway, it just keeps on getting better!

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

"race the track anyway".......?????

no more Black Flag Repellent for you!!!!
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

I was bummed out because the track was going to be smooth, very fast and grippy. I worked on my bike all week and was really looking forward to racing on it.
We'll have it just as good for the next race.