Cuba hit hard by Ike

Started by big-daddy, September 09, 2008, 09:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

HAVANA - Hurricane Ike moved into the Gulf of Mexico after flattening hundreds of homes in Cuba, killing four people there and making landfall twice — once on the east end, and then on the west side some 40 miles south of Havana.

Forecasters expected Ike, now a Category 1 hurricane, to gradually strengthen over the warmer gulf waters before hitting Texas or northern Mexico this weekend.


I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

Dude... did you see those waves come over Cuba's coast...  Holy smoke, I couldn't believe it...  I tell you what, we surely lucked out w/this one...  I find it amazing how good they have gotten w/forecasting...  Just hope that don't come in kick us all in the butt someday....  ya know....


Tell you what though, we got more wind out this one than we did w/Faye...  it was been blowing....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

big-daddy

yea...... that was mother nature in full force. 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

The thing that is stupid, is that Cuba wont take any aide from US...  Go figure...  They need all the help they can get... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

kawGIRL

They can't get a break with the storms lately  :(.

Jeff
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

cheropride

you got that right, and they got hit hard real hard this time...  The whole dang thing went across the whole country...

Okay I honestly heard this on the news today, and I forget what the name of the storm was...  But this goes way back, like I think in the late 60's early 70's....  Get this...  Apparently a hurricane, came up hit Cuba, then went toward Florida, in the Gulf.  Well it came back south and hit Cuba again...  Castro got pist, and said that the US forced the storm back down on Cuba...  Yea like we could do that..  I guess he gave up on that theory in 2005, ya think....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

big-daddy

Quote from: cheropride on September 09, 2008, 09:45:20 PM
The thing that is stupid, is that Cuba wont take any aide from US...  Go figure...  They need all the help they can get... 


Maybe we should send them some inner tubes.  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

Quote from: big-daddy on September 09, 2008, 10:41:50 PM
Quote from: cheropride on September 09, 2008, 09:45:20 PM
The thing that is stupid, is that Cuba wont take any aide from US...  Go figure...  They need all the help they can get... 


Maybe we should send them some inner tubes.  ;)

That will be next, ya think....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

TRX450R_Racer

Man I feel sorry for those poor people. They have it rough enough without this kind of stuff.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

cheropride

Dang look at the other Islands, like Haiti... they got stompped bad...  With all the other stuff that has been going on in Haiti, and now add this, I actually feel bad for all those Islands... 

But you know what is going to happen someday...  The Keys...  There are alot of ppl that will NOT leave the Keys, no matter what, and I tell you, a storm knocks out just one of those bridges, and who ever is left down there, wow...  Besides the fact the Keys are so low, and narrow...  I was watching on the news today, dang the storm surge just from the bands of Ike, was like flooding out the whole street.  Imagine a direct hit....  But many of them, they are die-hards....  they won't leave...  And just always wonder if a bad enough storm comes in and hits the keys hard, what we saw w/Katrina would be nothing in compare what we could see in the Keys...  Honestly, if you stop and think about it... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Quote from: kawGIRL on September 09, 2008, 10:48:35 PM
Just won't go away ???



The thing that is kind of scary... You say to yourself, they are absolute that thing wont turn back east or Northeast, right....  Sometimes you look at that right there, and you say, WOW!!!!
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

big-daddy

The winds are still pretty strong here in Miami
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

Quote from: big-daddy on September 09, 2008, 11:01:30 PM
The winds are still pretty strong here in Miami

Yep, here in ole Fort Liquirdale too....  (how do you spell that....)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

1FasterBlaster

 The Keys has been hit hard before. Why do you think they have a new 7 mile bridge. Their too drunk on Margarita's to care!!

kawGIRL

RUM RUNNERS ARE GOOD and FROZEN MARGARITAS ARE DANGEROUS!!!
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

big-daddy

Just think back in the old days driving on the bahia honda bridge going to Key West and getting nail by a big storm. 


I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

Quote from: kawGIRL on September 09, 2008, 11:14:17 PM
RUM RUNNERS ARE GOOD and FROZEN MARGARITAS ARE DANGEROUS!!!

Maybe that's why they dont leave...... :drink.gif :drink.gif :drink.gif :pirate.gif
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Mudneck

Hey whats the link to that weather site? Before my Pc crashed & Z/N fixed it up I had a radar I could zoom in on my area & see my home. I lost that site. I thought I had it on this laptop but I guess not. Any ideas? I was able to zoom internantionally.Pics were not current but weather was.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

big-daddy

Sorry no gringos

;)
Quote from: bushwacker on September 09, 2008, 11:30:12 PM
Hey whats the link to that weather site? Before my Pc crashed & Z/N fixed it up I had a radar I could zoom in on my area & see my home. I lost that site. I thought I had it on this laptop but I guess not. Any ideas? I was able to zoom internantionally.Pics were not current but weather was.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

Quote from: bushwacker on September 09, 2008, 11:30:12 PM
Hey whats the link to that weather site? Before my Pc crashed & Z/N fixed it up I had a radar I could zoom in on my area & see my home. I lost that site. I thought I had it on this laptop but I guess not. Any ideas? I was able to zoom internantionally.Pics were not current but weather was.

that's a ??kawgirl...  Ya know, aka the weatherchick...   ;)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

cheropride

Where the heck do you get all those sites...  I still say you hacked Cuba's Radar....  You'd da man, opps, I mean the woMAN....   ;)  Seriously, when I needed to get a weather update, just go find your post, and I was good to go...  I think you missed your calling... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

We still have big gust of wind here in Miami
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Mudneck

I know about those KAWGURL  ::) thanks I was looking for that zoom in one where you can do a sat and a street overlay & move it all around to see the current weather over it.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Mudneck

Any more pics of the destruction?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Turboderf

i will take that old car in the one pic

Mudneck

That country is full of those old cars/cycles etc...I would love to go there with a fistful of dollars & a couple shipping containers. Its almost like stepping back in time. Those folks are very creative in manufacturing home made parts to keep them running. Doubt theres a Pep Boys around corner.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

phoneman

All water slides free this week in Haiti!!!!

Turboderf

Quote from: bushwacker on September 11, 2008, 01:57:15 AM
That country is full of those old cars/cycles etc...I would love to go there with a fistful of dollars & a couple shipping containers. Its almost like stepping back in time. Those folks are very creative in manufacturing home made parts to keep them running. Doubt theres a Pep Boys around corner.
your right i have a few cuba buddys and they said that time stopped in the fiftys lots of old stuff maybe someday we will be able go over and bring some back .. i love old cars i have two 37 ford and 23 t-bucket

AintSkeered

Let's see how quick Chavez is to help them and how much.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group