Obama for what? NOT!

Started by big-daddy, September 06, 2008, 04:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

 
Democrats throwing away American Flags after convention
Republican Recycling
by David Harsanyi
Denver Post Blog
September 6, 2008

This morning, Republicans tell me that a worker at Invesco Field in Denver saved thousands of unused flags from the Democratic National Convention that were headed for the garbage. Guerrilla campaigning. They will use these flags at their own event today in Colorado Springs with John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Before McCain speaks today, veterans will haul these garbage bags filled with flags out onto the stage — with dramatic effect, no doubt — and tell the story.

"What you see in the picture I sent you is less than half of total flags," a Republican official emailed. "We estimate the total number to be around 12,000 small flags and one full size 3×5 flag."


I'm not sure what the DNC was supposed to do with unused hand-flags, frankly. But the Republicans are obviously questioning someone's patriotism here.

There are more photos of flags being trashed at the Pepsi Center where the first days of the Dem convention were held indoors.

I've been to many, MANY GOP presidential campaign events over the years and never do I recall seeing a single American flag tossed into the trash after the event. And yes, since I was a key political officer at some of these events I did often stay until the event was over. The flags I have from the events with President Reagan are now treasured reminders of those golden days.

Apparently, Democrats see the flag only as a prop to be discarded when the event was over. Does the flag hold so little meaning for Democrats that they treat it as trash rather than reuse it?

Rescued Flags to Be Reused at McCain Palin Rally

The flags are on their way to a McCain Palin rally in Colorado Springs where the Boy Scouts and Veterans of Foreign Wars will distribute them to the GOP faithful.




http://www.floppingaces.net/2008/09/...er-convention/
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cheropride

#1
All I can say is this.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

But it doesn't surprise me....  Since Obama voted NO to admend the Constitution PROHIBIT the desecration of the UNITED STATES FLAG....  BTW - McCain voted YES to protect our flag, as did most REPUBLICANS...  Check it out for yourself...  Thank GOD Florida VOTED in Favor of trying to SAVE OUR FLAG!!!!

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00189
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

AintSkeered

If you honestly believe that? You're hysterical and unreasonably scared.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

cheropride

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 06, 2008, 05:37:47 PM
If you honestly believe that? You're hysterical and unreasonably scared.

Believe what?  the fact that they threw flags away, or the fact that he voted NO to protect our flag... 

You ask me, you're hysterically in the dark.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

MedicMudder

when they was passing the flags out at the Demo get together in Col,the people had puzzled looks on there faces,they were told to WAVE THEM THEY ARE FLAGS !!!!!
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

klutchbuster400


gtnwood

Unfortunately it is very true, and also so so sad that the Democratic party or at least the Democratic elite use Old Glory as merely a prop when it's beneficial to them. True I am a registered Republican, but an Independant thinker and I have plenty family members who are lifelong Democrats who are regularly disgusted with their political party but cant bring themselves to change parties because they continue to hold out hope that their party will come back to them and their principles and beliefs.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

fkoney

Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.


06 honda forman S yellow
27" mudlites

Able

Quote from: fkoney on September 08, 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.






It's shocking to think that any American would consider voting for this guy. He has no experience, he's racist, won't honor our flag or anthem, wants to hold talks with terrorists, see's Iran as no threat, yet wants to be the leader of our country. >:(

gtnwood

Unfortunately the weak minded simply want change, at any cost. Same thing happened when they elected Clinton and look how that turned out, people have a very short memory >:(
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

klutchbuster400


cheropride

Quote from: fkoney on September 08, 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.





>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 

All I can say is this.....  Oh MY GOD!!!!!!  and  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And will surely pass that on....  Hey, where's the media reporting on all that....  Oh yea, that's right, they are pist off cause Pallin use the "G" word, you know God.....  Now they are preaching, run, run, seperation of church and state......  Give me a break..... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

grizzlefoshizzle

[><]

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450
stock
2005 Arctic Cat 250
3.0 Winch
25" mudslingers

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

AintSkeered

#17
As far as the alleged convention flags issue goes, the Dems should just hire Scooter Libby, Oliver North, G. Gordon Liddy or the convention's janitor to take the fall. If two gay men or women marry, does one wear lipstick or both? Can a hetero man lawfully marry a bisexual woman? If McCain's not questioning Obama's faith, yet his minions insist upon doing so, how can millions of Americans support McCain? And, since marriage was invented for the procreation of the human species, we need to ban sex change operations, so that the "one  male/one female" rule can't be circumvented, ban any/all childrenless marriages and dissolve any marriage which does not produce a child after the first nine months. :)
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

big-daddy

#18
Afer you pulled a Kerry and chance you post I will do the same


I can't answer the first or second question....but on the third question I can.


Its the right choice!  Country First
Quote from: AintSkeered on September 10, 2008, 12:25:25 PM
As far as the alleged convention flags issue goes, the Dems should just hire Scooter Libby, Oliver North, G. Gordon Liddy or the convention's janitor to take the fall. If two gay men or women marry, does one wear lipstick or both? Can a hetero man lawfully marry a bisexual woman? If McCain's not questioning Obama's faith, yet his minions insist upon doing so, how can millions of Americans support McCain? And, since marriage was invented for the procreation of the human species, we need to ban sex change operations, so that the "one  male/one female" rule can't be circumvented, ban any/all childrenless marriages and dissolve any marriage which does not produce a child after the first nine months. :)


Just in case you chance it again.......  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

apkkfx400

Quote from: cheropride on September 09, 2008, 05:17:22 PM
Quote from: fkoney on September 08, 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.





>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 

All I can say is this.....  Oh MY GOD!!!!!!  and  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And will surely pass that on....  Hey, where's the media reporting on all that....  Oh yea, that's right, they are pist off cause Pallin use the "G" word, you know God.....  Now they are preaching, run, run, seperation of church and state......  Give me a break..... 


http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp



FoxHondaRider

know what kills me... that *************************** (replace with swear words and racial names) Oprah is by Obama's side because its a black thing.  All of these blacks say they are voting for Obama an if you ask them why what views do you like that he has they say "because he's black".  Oprah notice how when she was with other blacks talked like a jungle bunny but when she isnt around them she talks normal?  its not just her its almost all of them.  somewhat normal until they are with eachother.  I hope Oprah goes down with Obama I hear bangs right now lol
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

quadracer1992

Quote from: fkoney on September 08, 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.



Logically what Obama said makes perfect sence. The anthem does convey a kind of war like message, so I can see why he thinks that way. He wants other countries to like Americans, so mabe by us not being so full of ourselves and flaunting flags all over the place like were the best, other countries might like us more.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

AintSkeered

#23
McCain can't win by simply discussing the real issues of the past several years and thus this kind of thread is occuring. Here's an example of a real issue; http://em.mansellgroup.net/seiu/hcu_20080909.htm
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

kfx400rob

Quote from: quadracer1992 on September 10, 2008, 09:05:12 PM
Quote from: fkoney on September 08, 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Subject: Obama explains National Anthem

   

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides..........if he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.



Logically what Obama said makes perfect sence. The anthem does convey a kind of war like message, so I can see why he thinks that way. He wants other countries to like Americans, so mabe by us not being so full of ourselves and flaunting flags all over the place like were the best, other countries might like us more.

regardless, its disrespect to our country that someone running for president wont wear that small pin. its not even like hes flaunting it like you say, its just a small pin that represents his country.
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com