Motoplex Labor Day Feature Weekend report

Started by Paul_S, September 02, 2008, 08:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

For those who missed our Labor Day weekend, please enjoy these pictures.







































































































Paul_S


Paul_S


backinsaddle

looks like all had a great time Paul.  We won't be there for awhile, cash flow issues, but we'll be back

Turboderf

paul looks fun up there i would like to make you there someday its kinda hard to come up from the deep south  :'( :'( :'(

lawnman58

            paul  the motoplex is the premier place  to ride in fla  by far !!!!!!!!!! we had a blast  over the weekend   great trails  lots of mud !!!!! and i must  say  that new  MX track  is SICK!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
cr125  yz 250  rmz 450

jayman

We had a great time.  Between riding the track, trails, drag strip and barrel races our days were full. We even managed to get in some relaxation with some new friends.  We never ran out of something to do for 3 days straight.  
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Anoriginal

Looks like an awesome time. What a wonderful thing you've done Paul. Thank you very much.

VForcedave

Nice Job. Looks like they were out in force.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

GrizzlyGator

according to our site rules hear Paul you are going to have to delete at least a third of those pics.... because the ATV'ers were not wearing their helmets!!!!!! As a promoter of the sport and a user of this board you should turn that facility into a helmet only!!!!! park  ;D  ::) or we won't be able to let you post about the park here anymore  :( 



Paul_S

Quote from: Can-AmGator on September 03, 2008, 09:23:56 AM
according to our site rules hear Paul you are going to have to delete at least a third of those pics.... because the ATV'ers were not wearing their helmets!!!!!! As a promoter of the sport and a user of this board you should turn that facility into a helmet only!!!!! park  ;D  ::) or we won't be able to let you post about the park here anymore  :( 

The high speed, higher risk areas of our park are helmet mandatory. 

I cannot imagine anyone wanting to ride on a track for example without a helmet. By the same token, I cannot imagine anyone wanting to drive through our pond at 5 mph wearing one. So we try and balance it, the best we can.

Many of our customers won't come if we force them to wear a helmet, and unlike parks that are geared up mostly for sport quads and or fast trails, such as Durhamtown, we have 2 distinct types of customers and we have to cater to both.

I personally recomend everyone who steps foot on an atv should put on a helmet.

gatorjohn

Quote from: Can-AmGator on September 03, 2008, 09:23:56 AM
according to our site rules hear Paul you are going to have to delete at least a third of those pics.... because the ATV'ers were not wearing their helmets!!!!!! As a promoter of the sport and a user of this board you should turn that facility into a helmet only!!!!! park  ;D  ::) or we won't be able to let you post about the park here anymore  :( 




Not likely.

450rcrazy

I have a 300$ helmet that is on my head when ever I'm on my 450r but there is no way in heck I will wear it in the pond or mud pits when on the kingquad. A wet muddy helmet is a ruined helmet. I wonder if anyone wears a helemt in the swimming pool??? it would accomplish the same thing.  ;)

Bulldog66

Paul's flyers for events and I believe his disclaimer has the rules and regulations clearly stated. You understand that you're responsible.

That said...

Wearing a helmet is by far the safest route to take. If you're not comfortable w/out one - I for one don't wear a helmet. I don't put myself in a position that would get me hurt. That don't mean I'm at camp all day by no means. My riding is generaly fender deep and crawling through the extreme ute trails.

The best part about the plex is there's something for "everyone" Including places that are mandatory protective gear. Lastly - all children have protective gear.

Thankfully Paul and the people that take care of the plex understand the complex makeup of OHV riding and have adjusted accordingly with the property. I can tell you that I'd personally find another park should the Plex become a place that was more like a carnival ride than a place I'd feel comfortable leaving my child in the hands of a friend while I was riding.

Cheers.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com