Life after your first child

Started by IXIswamperIXI, September 03, 2008, 02:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VForcedave

I Have a 21 year old who is working onboard the Forbes Yacht Highlander. I have a 11 year old (Chero Knows this boy). He keeps me hopping and honest. You have to remember, you will NEVER know what memories your child will have later in life after their childhood. Will they remember when daddy got drunk and got in a fight or when daddy and mommy volunteered at the homeless shelter on Thanksgiving, or when daddy used help out the neighbor lady when her husband died. We are the leader and the guide. This can be a confusing time for kids, so as the poem says: Some day when I grow up, you are like I want to be, then I will have a little boy who will want to follow me, and I would want to lead him right and help him to be true, SO WALK A LITTLE SLOWER DADDY, FOR I MUST FOLLOW YOU. 
Remember they are watching everything we do. so do it well, because you are the one they will follow. If you do it wrong they will follow someone else.       
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Turboderf

Quote from: VForcedave on September 30, 2008, 01:15:19 PM
I Have a 21 year old who is working onboard the Forbes Yacht Highlander. I have a 11 year old (Chero Knows this boy). He keeps me hopping and honest. You have to remember, you will NEVER know what memories your child will have later in life after their childhood. Will they remember when daddy got drunk and got in a fight or when daddy and mommy volunteered at the homeless shelter on Thanksgiving, or when daddy used help out the neighbor lady when her husband died. We are the leader and the guide. This can be a confusing time for kids, so as the poem says: Some day when I grow up, you are like I want to be, then I will have a little boy who will want to follow me, and I would want to lead him right and help him to be true, SO WALK A LITTLE SLOWER DADDY, FOR I MUST FOLLOW YOU. 
Remember they are watching everything we do. so do it well, because you are the one they will follow. If you do it wrong they will follow someone else.       
Well said and very true

cheropride

Quote from: VForcedave on September 30, 2008, 01:15:19 PM
I Have a 21 year old who is working onboard the Forbes Yacht Highlander. I have a 11 year old (Chero Knows this boy). He keeps me hopping and honest. You have to remember, you will NEVER know what memories your child will have later in life after their childhood. Will they remember when daddy got drunk and got in a fight or when daddy and mommy volunteered at the homeless shelter on Thanksgiving, or when daddy used help out the neighbor lady when her husband died. We are the leader and the guide. This can be a confusing time for kids, so as the poem says: Some day when I grow up, you are like I want to be, then I will have a little boy who will want to follow me, and I would want to lead him right and help him to be true, SO WALK A LITTLE SLOWER DADDY, FOR I MUST FOLLOW YOU. 
Remember they are watching everything we do. so do it well, because you are the one they will follow. If you do it wrong they will follow someone else.       

:Hug.gif :Hug.gif :Hug.gif

BTW, dang we are getting old....  21 holy cow!!!!  Those were some Great times!!!  Wow time flies......  
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Anoriginal

Time does fly. My son just turned 6 months old and is cutting his first teeth. He now weighs over 27 lbs and is over 31" long and wears 24 month old clothes. He is a beast!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.