Attention all members

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, September 03, 2008, 06:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think we should allow pics of riding without helmets?

change the rule
63 (53.8%)
Keep the same
54 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Da_Mtg_Man

We have always promoted safe riding and from the begining we have never allowed no helmet pics. Should we change the site rules and allow pics or keep it the same? Let us know your thoughts.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

GrizzlyGator

#1
I like promoting the safe riding maybe we can even put a disclaimer up thats says so??? But to censor pics  :dunno.gif...excuse my ignorance I didn't know (joined in 04') that was the case? Then again its not my website  ;) so I would naturally comply with either decision.  ;D


TRX450R_Racer

If people want to ride without helmets, that is their choice. I don't think this site should condone it. It makes us look irresponsible, careless and just plain STUPID!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

yunt2ride

I think there are times that you should wear your helmet, but when you are just putting in the mud or going from camp to camp slowly then I don't think it required. I assure you that people can go on the internet and find plenty of websites that they can find pics of people riding without helmets to talk about ATV riders. How many motorcycle riders do you see out in the open road every day riding without helmets. I know they are supposed to have insurance if they ride without a helmet but you actually do not need insurance to tag a motorcycle for highway use. You only supposed to have it if you ride without a helmet. And then its only illegal if you get pulled over so how many people actually do still have it. I guess these people are not gonna get to the hospital unless they can provide proof of insurance first. Wrong, they will get there by our tax dollars.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Mudneck

#4
Allot of our riding is low speed (right mike :o) 18 miles in 7 hours...LOL.

We ride Rhinos & don't wear brain buckets,usually through swamp and wet trails.My choice my consequences.But I cant share any pics since it did violate policy 8) Not me below but a typical ride.



[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Anoriginal

No pics without helmets. Why fuel the fire?

Mudneck

Quote from: Anoriginal on September 03, 2008, 08:13:36 AM
No pics without helmets. Why fuel the fire?

I agree but it has to be across the board for the entire site.It should apply to all events & venues if this is the decision of management.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

klutchbuster400

Keep the rule. eventually those without helmets will kill themselves, and wont be able to vote.

yfz122

This should not even be discussed. Why was the rule made in the first place?
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

jrpro130

Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

zman03

What gets me is the people who tell you they can get drunk ,hop on an atv with no gear get hurt and then want to sue somebody!   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: jrpro130 on September 03, 2008, 08:51:38 AM
Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 

I agree with the no helmet thing when riding a ute slow down the trail however if it is going to stay the same then there will be no pics without helmets regardless of what type of riding. It has to be the same across the board.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

VForcedave

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: VForcedave on September 03, 2008, 09:49:41 AM
Let the riders decide.

I agree...but I don't think your gonna make 1/2 the riders happy which ever way a vote would go.....as I said earlier I've been a member since 04' and didn't know the "no helmet pics allowed" rule but since its already in place i say keep it...it makes it that much easier??? That being said good luck to the moderator that gets hung with the pic censorship job  :( that will be some time consuming fun  ::)

Still don't see why we can't put a big disclaimer up on everypage thats says Florida ATV promotes responsible riding *******no riding without helmets......no drinking and riding.......no riding 2-up unless machine was built for it********
:dunno.gif


jrpro130

Now I understand the rule was implemented to portray a good image of the sport, but really, the people see it all. What difference does it make if I don't wear a helmet? I post pictures of having a GOOD TIME, isn't that what the sport is about? Maybe we can seperate the pictures from "racing" to "events".  And on the events page have a HUGE disclaimer that ATVFLA takes no part in these actions, nor condones them.

Just my .02c
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

mrbones

Good points everybody. Remember, the question is not if you should wear a helmet when you ride, but if we should allow and censor pictures of riders without helmets. It is not a law that you need to wear one, although most riding parks and tracks require them. There is no helmet law to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle in Florida either.

Sometimes I feel we are missing out on some pretty interesting photos that could be posted on here. I know that I myself wear a helmet when I ride, but if someone else doesn't want to, I think it's their business.

The big disclaimer isn't a bad idea either. And yes, moderating these photos is very burdensome.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

indianjoe

#16
16 and under have to wear a helmet by law. Not an easy job for moderator however it comes out.

mrbones

That's right. I forgot about that.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

IXIswamperIXI

not to change the subject... I never understood why we have to wear a seat belt but not a helmet, go figure.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

zman03

I voted to keep the rule but we should have a new section for those that strictly ride without gear and drink while riding so we can seperate them from the ones who dont drink and ride!        I personally never drink and ride and always wear my safety gear!    for those of you  who want to do the opposite let us know so we can stay away from a potential  accident waiting to happen.       dont get me wrong I got nothing against drinking, I just dont think it should be done while ridin cause with all those bumps you might spill your beer        just kiding, ridin is ridin and drinkin should be done at hooters
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

backinsaddle

My vote is no change.  We have the opportunity here to reinforce a positive image and show that we as atvers can be responsible.

GrizzlyGator

#21
Boy has this thread stayed on target  ;D

backinsaddle


IXIswamperIXI

well my coment was a little off.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

1FasterBlaster

   I don't see why pics shouldn't be able to be posted without helmets. I always wear one, but not everyone wants to. The choice is their's.
  Pics are just pics, they don't mean everyone does it. If someone gets hurt without a helmet, I just think to myself,"I'm glad I wear one."
  I agree certain conditions require helmets, but pics without don't mean anything.
  The disclaimer's are on the quads aren't they? Doesn't the new rule mandate 16 and under are required to wear them? Then there you go!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com