frame painting question (finished)

Started by Gato, September 01, 2008, 09:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gato

I took my 450r apart today to paint the frame in black, My question is, Is it better to get it power coated or just sandblasted and painted? I have a friend that can do it for me with awl-grip boat paint.

and a little extra for car guys
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

TRX450R_Racer

That's a SWEET car!

If you can get it painted for next to nothing then do that. I don't know how tough that paint is but powdercoating is really durable.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Gato

It is tough but Is power coating it better in ur opinion? I gotta get pics of it flaming it shoots out the pipes about 9-12 feet and rest on the ground
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

dj_pizzim

paint is not tough it scratches easya nd rubs off from the boots PC is the way to go
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Turboderf

#4
I think you should sand blast it and powed coat it ....Cool Car you have there   :ThumbsUp.giftop .. the top one is 37 ford  bottom 23 ford T-bucket    Both Build Ford Tough with Chevy Stuff

TRX450R_Racer

Damn Turboderf you've come a long way. Posting pictures without using a wrench!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

 :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif

Gato

#7
Power coated it




Before
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Good call going the powdercoat route. Now it won't chip on you and flake off. It will last longer too. Looks very nice and clean man. Goodjob!
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

TRX450R_Racer

It's looks AWESOME! You need to take some better pictures.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

NYRAPTOR

that looks mean with the black pc. sweet!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com