Update on #21 injury

Started by #21yfz, August 27, 2008, 11:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#21yfz

Hey all,
Just wanted to give everyone a shout and say thank you for your concern, thoughts and prayers and let you all know that Chris is doing pretty good and is going to be ok.   For those of you who don't know, he fractured his back (T11 and T12) during practice at Loretta Lynn's, the last national race.  Was a great first year but not quite the finish we planned on :(
Doctors originally wanted us to consider a newer procedure where they can restore the lost height and immediately decompress and stabilize the fracture but the surgeon said No, No, NO, was NOT necessary, so again, we were thankful!! :)  Instead, we were given the standard "6-8 weeks with the back brace and extremely limited activities.....monitor the fractures and complete healing".  So, Chris is about 2 1/2 weeks into the healing and going crazy already, lol!  What to do?

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts and prayers - keep 'em coming for a speedy and full recovery!
Julie

53yfz450

it sucks to be injured but in this sport its bound to happen and chris has been injury free for awhile. i know it sucks and its not something that you would want to get used to but its just some time to get everything together and come back stronger then before!!! cant wait to ride with chris again its been forever!
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

klutchbuster400

Ouch that sucks Chris. I had no idea. Hope you get better soon and get back to racing!

TRX450R_Racer

 :T

Here's to a speedy recovery. Get well soon, brother racer!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

zman03

hey ,same here I hope you have a speedy recovery and my families prayers are with you chris
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

YELLOW RR

He's faking, i was riding around the neighborhood with him last night....... ;)Get better Dude!!
2007 LTR450

310R_Dude

Hey, I barely know Chris but.. I wish him well.

I compression fractured T6-9 in Aug 2003 and
I have NO ill effects from it. 

Well... maybe just one, I am like an inch and a half
shorter! LOL

But seriously, with the right "physical therapy" this is
just a minor setback.

Get well soon mon'
- Dan

P.S.
I put physical therapy in quotes because I did my own
program for therapy. For some reason I was never prescribed
any but I knew I couldn't just do NOTHING.
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

RTN

Good to hear he's healing up.  We're lookin' forward to seein' you guys @ the track.

The Nales family