Big Cypress in July

Started by Anoriginal, July 24, 2008, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Went to my camp this past weekend to mow, trim and cut up several dead trees killed by the last hurricane and last year's fires. It was extremely hot and very very wet. I should have taken more pics but,  you get the general idea.

Had a great time. Owning a camp in the middle of the swamp isn't an easy thing. From the hard road to the camp it takes 3+ hours on the buggies. But I love every minute of it.  ;)





























IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Slo Poke

GORGEOUS!!!!  3hrs from the road though..dont get bitten by anything or ur screwed!!!


cool pics....god, i love my home state!
SSQSA #294C
TBRD Racing Team
www.tampabayridindirty.com
www.ridindirtyperformance.com

Busta Nutt


AintSkeered

Lot's of water, but, looks shallow and hard bottom. Are there areas on the authorized trails which are too deep for ATVs this time of year? I've had my Big Cypress OHV license and ATV inspection permits for the past two years, but, still haven't ventured out there.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Anoriginal

#5
It is very very deep right now. Way too deep for an ATV. About mid to late November it starts to dry up for ATVs but it's not much fun if you like to go fast and horse around. 15mph speed limit thats pretty heavily enforced, etc. We use the bikes to run into camp for short weekend trips when we don't have many people going. Makes the trip a bit quicker and it's a TON easier on fuel verses pulling a buggy down there.

Also, the park is closed to all ORV use until August 1. The only exception being land owners with a special use permit allowing them to travel directly to and from camp only.

It is a beautiful place for sure!!  ;D

AintSkeered

Thanks, I've little interest in spoiling the only legal place to ride down here by racing, horsing around and digging mud holes. The main problem is that I believe annual permits must be renewed in January. That means you pay for a permit which reallistically allows you only a few months per year to ride(due to flooding). Big Cypress Preserve effectively controls environmental impact from ATVs and proves that the WMAs(closed to ATVs) can also be effectively managed.   
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

gery350

in my next life i want to be you. ;D


awesome camp and pics.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Chillinthemost

I hear that really strange things go on at that camp.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

#9
Quote from: Chillinthemost on July 25, 2008, 02:09:46 PM
I hear that really strange things go on at that camp.

You should have been there. Brent's not as orally talented as you are.

Jerron drank your share of beer and we even had a few Natty Lites.

wilburz

I love Natty's! Looks like a nice place.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

backwoods boy

looks like mosquito hell but most of florida is
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Palmettobay_recon

I would kill to have a camp like that. That's awesome. Looks like a good time.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

Anoriginal

Quote from: Palmettobay_recon on August 16, 2008, 11:01:40 PM
I would kill to have a camp like that. That's awesome. Looks like a good time.

Thank you. We enjoy it very much. It took a lot of work to find it and purchase it. We always have a great time there.

foreman1

Waters almost a foot higher than last week due to TS Fay.
Hope the water doesnt get any higher.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

JackL

Great pics. When it starts to dry up and cool off next month I would sure like to take a ride out to that there camp of yours ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Anoriginal

Quote from: JackL on August 24, 2008, 10:30:12 PM
Great pics. When it starts to dry up and cool off next month I would sure like to take a ride out to that there camp of yours ;)

Definitely! You and Keeter both!

We'll have a great time I am sure.  :)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com