Next Race- Thunderbowl Speedway 8/23/08- CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN

Started by fastrnrik, August 13, 2008, 01:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

The next race will be at Thunderbowl Speedway on Saturday, 8/23/08

Gates Open @ 2pm
Practice @ 4pm
Racing @ 6pm

YamahaBabe27

Paige

fastrnrik

Yeah, we can have a money class. Depending on entries I'd be willing to throw some money in as well to make it interesting.   

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

I'll do one up tomorrow. Just got back in from taking Ben up to Lima, Ohio. Starts classes monday. Left Thursday morning and got there early yesterday morning. Took him around to get things taken care of and left out of there by 3 in the afternoon. Man what a drive. Actually got in before 2:30 and took a nap. Before you say it, yeah, I'm over forty! ;D
He's all settles in and won't be back until Christmas break. Hopefully there will be a race he can attend before he goes back.
Back to the flyer. Since there is no practice, I will do another one and change it up a bit. I think I have a good picture of Kurt I can put on it.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

YamahaBabe27

Alright!! What about the rain I just checked and it said 60% for sat.
Paige

WJDTRI

Per the SDTA website

*Just a reminder! Although there may be rain in the area or at the track the day of the event we will make every effort to get the track ready to race!




and if you were at the July 12th race, Brady & crew performed miracles......hell...they were working the track while it was raining.

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

#7
Alrighty then, Here it is Ward. I think it looks good. I'm going to try something new with the next one and use pictures from T-bowl exclusively.
Richard
Updated with the correct times for the race. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

Hey Richard
   Looks good. I like the faded background pic behind the SDTA. Can you e mail me the pdf. What happen to the pic of Kurt?
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Hey Ward,
I was making a statement.  ;D  Next one I will use one of Kurt and one of Patrick! lol
Sending out the PDF to all the usual suspects.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Man, how does Ward rate for TWO pictures on the flyer? There's obviously some kickbacks going on.....

OK, I have had several calls and emails regarding this weekends race, tropical storms, tsunami's rain, Russians invading, Michael Phelps not winning more medals, etc.
The answer is: It's way too early to tell. If the storm is a rain event like they're saying, and it comes through this area tomorrow night / Wed. morning like it's supposed to, then it will be long gone by Friday and Saturday. We spent alot of the weekend working on the drainage for the main track and TT, so we can handle the rain and its associated runoff. I have several pieces of equipment out there so drying the track out should not be an issue. The only other problem I forsee that may arise is a loss of power. The repair of that is obviously beyond our control, so if that happens, we'll just worry about it then.

If anyone has ANY questions, please call me on my cell @ 352-266-3466. Unless I blow away, I will post updates here and in the forum section of the tracks website: www.thunderbowlspeedwayocala.com
You can also send me a PM on here or email me direct at: atv_race@yahoo.com

Thanks
-Brady

stgsali

I thought I'd make him smile a bit. Besides, if you look at it again I do believe that squeezer (is that who it is?) was making a pass on Ward on the outside!  rolback1
No hat'n, just a dig! heh heh heh

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

I got connections!!!  8)

just have to know the right people in low places

Can t knock that guy squeezer either (if that is his name) he just started back racing too and already notice he is getting faster. if he had a bike that handled better, he would be flying.

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Ok OK, Anyone else want to their picture on a flyer?
Let the bidding commence!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik


550superquad

.....

OK, I have had several calls and emails regarding this weekends race, tropical storms, tsunami's rain, Russians invading, Michael Phelps not winning more medals, etc.
The answer is: It's way too early to tell. If the storm is a rain event like they're saying, and it comes through this area tomorrow night / Wed. morning like it's supposed to, then it will be long gone by Friday and Saturday. We spent alot of the weekend working on the drainage for the main track and TT, so we can handle the rain and its associated runoff. I have several pieces of equipment out there so drying the track out should not be an issue.

Thanks
-Brady
[/quote] :dunno.gif  looks like a :drink.gif weekend  :Y  btw brady i got 24 inches of the sheot >:( >:(
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

stgsali

Plans for a make up date? Sunday? lol Or next Saturday? Man, we were getting things together to be down there when the gates opened! Give me a make up date so I can update that flyer!
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

 >:( stupid fay- reminds me of my first ex wife,piss and moan all the time tear stuff up and would'nt go away. craziest thing i've ever seen!!

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

Talk about a time to have an indoor track available. I don't think I can remember a time where a tropical storm or hurricane went this slow or dumped this much rain  over the state or any other state for that matter. Oh well, it will give me time to update and hopefully change things to go faster. Now if only I can work on the rider! lol
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Hey Brady, As a "shady contractor", can't you negotiate an end to the rain? ;D
I guess I'll have to put in a test track behind the house! lol
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

Quote from: supervcycle on August 22, 2008, 09:35:29 PM
>:( stupid fay- reminds me of my first ex wife,piss and moan all the time tear stuff up and would'nt go away. craziest thing i've ever seen!!

#38 nate

Hey Nate
   I feel your pain. I still have 6 mos 3 days 15 hours 15 minutes until I am through with my ex wife. Been 10 years
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

hey ward
i just got through with 18 years of a paternity suit with the first ex wife . wasn't mine --still goin through the second one now- nowhere near as bad as the first. for my third wife i married my motorcycles and haven't had a problem since, im very happy now!!

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

Ward and Nate, I have only one exwife and I just took my youngest to university. One thing that I have learned, whether 2 wheels or 4, is that the mechanical wives are pretty much agreeable with anything you do to them. Tell them how beautiful they are and they don't care anything about that color makes them look fat! Plus, the mechanical ones won't complain (depends on how far you've tampered with the internals of the engine) about the brand of fuel you feed them or the maker of shoes (tires) that they have on! There is no "that make up doesn't match my shoes or season" so any color you decide to put on them or how nasty the paint scheme or how shiny it is they just don't complain. You can polish them anytime of the month and not have to hear "don't touch me, I'm bloated and miserable", in fact, the only time it is miserable is if it isn't running in top form!


Disclaimer: Not all women are like this!


Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

unforgiven


stgsali

They just don't have a purse or wallet to put it into. Good thing they don't have a bill changer on them. Can you imagine starting to crank on the throttle between three and four with the checkered waving and the heads up display says "insert more change, you are out of time!" Almost as bad as running out of fuel at the same place!
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.