Extreme Snorkels?

Started by IXIswamperIXI, August 11, 2008, 08:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

Has anyone bought or heard anything about this company?
http://www.extremesnorkels.com/
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

dj_pizzim

MY buddy was gona go with Extreme but ended up going with xtreme as that kit was coated in rhino liner
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

IXIswamperIXI

I broke out our change jar and had enough to get their kit for my RZR but it has been almost 2 weeks now since I have paid for it and nothing yet  :'(
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

94Hardbody4x4

I've seen some nasty snorkel kits for the RZR. I THINK they were from Extreme. I'm sure it's a lot of plumbing to get one of those snorkeled too.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Fox17

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 11, 2008, 09:53:12 AM
I broke out our change jar and had enough to get their kit for my RZR but it has been almost 2 weeks now since I have paid for it and nothing yet  :'(

do they have a phone number?

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on August 11, 2008, 11:10:11 AM
I've seen some nasty snorkel kits for the RZR. I THINK they were from Extreme. I'm sure it's a lot of plumbing to get one of those snorkeled too.

By "nasty" you mean bad?

Quote from: Fox17 on August 11, 2008, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 11, 2008, 09:53:12 AM
I broke out our change jar and had enough to get their kit for my RZR but it has been almost 2 weeks now since I have paid for it and nothing yet  :'(

do they have a phone number?

Yea I called them and left message.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

k.p.

usually nasty means good lol

94Hardbody4x4

lol, ya, nasty is a good thing. I'd put chrome exhaust tips on the two outside snorkels and have stacks though  :ThumbsUp.gif
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

dj_pizzim

Its pretty straight forward, only the CVT (intake i believe) is a lil tough, the kits are pretty straight forward.   I take it you dont wana have to take the bed off again?
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: dj_pizzim on August 11, 2008, 05:30:12 PM
Its pretty straight forward, only the CVT (intake i believe) is a lil tough, the kits are pretty straight forward.   I take it you dont wana have to take the bed off again?

LOL no that was a pain in the a$$ out on the trail like that.  At home it would have only taken me about 20 min.  but when you are in a foot of water you have to be nice and easy not to drop bolts and screws

Quote from: k.p. on August 11, 2008, 12:41:28 PM
usually nasty means good lol

LOL its hard sometimes to understand sarcasm in typed words
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

jrpro130

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

dj_pizzim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-Ranger-RZR-Snorkel-Kit-NEW-RISER-STYLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43971QQihZ009QQitemZ190243181108QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

these are the ones my buddy installed real easy to hook up and it even has a diagram to cut with. The guy is real cool too and provided his cell # in case you had any questions.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

CrazyWhiteBo

#12
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 11, 2008, 09:53:12 AM
I broke out our change jar and had enough to get their kit for my RZR but it has been almost 2 weeks now since I have paid for it and nothing yet  :'(

Its on the way, I had to wait for the eCheck to clear plus I ran out of fittings that finally come in Saturday morning. 
"Ridin' Deep"

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: CrazyWhiteBo on August 12, 2008, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 11, 2008, 09:53:12 AM
I broke out our change jar and had enough to get their kit for my RZR but it has been almost 2 weeks now since I have paid for it and nothing yet  :'(

Its on the way, I had to wait for the eCheck to clear plus I ran out of fittings that finally come in Saturday morning. 

COOL!! Thanks!! I will be sure to let everyone know how well it works you should get some orders from this site  :ThumbsUp.gif
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

CrazyWhiteBo

#14
Just let me know if you run into any problems.  I answer email's/pm's daily.   ;)
"Ridin' Deep"

IXIswamperIXI

Some so called snorkels floating around on the internet are not for water they are more or less for the dunes.  Thats why I went where I did because of the pics and the area that they are being made. 
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

CrazyWhiteBo

Some snorkels are only designed to keep the airbox's free of dust/dirt/sand.
"Ridin' Deep"

asmart82

How come you only sell for such a small selection of vehicles?  Snorkels are a MUST on Kingquads!

CrazyWhiteBo

Quote from: asmart82 on August 12, 2008, 04:20:17 PM
How come you only sell for such a small selection of vehicles?  Snorkels are a MUST on Kingquads!

I'll have more kits soon, I run everything by myself and my wife helps sometimes.  I also work a full time job all day.  I have sold hundreds of RZR kit so I'm always too busy to make newer kits. 
"Ridin' Deep"

jrpro130

Quote from: asmart82 on August 12, 2008, 04:20:17 PM
How come you only sell for such a small selection of vehicles?  Snorkels are a MUST on Kingquads!

Yea, definetly.

I'm doign one now for a buddy.  I'm just doing all custom snorkels...I'll have 60 into it at the most!
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

m0n0x1d3

I have one of these kits on my RZR.
Went on pretty easy and I havnt had any problems with slipping belts or water in my intake.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: m0n0x1d3 on August 14, 2008, 06:37:16 AM
I have one of these kits on my RZR.
Went on pretty easy and I havnt had any problems with slipping belts or water in my intake.

Thats good to know, by my tracking number I should have it today, I will put it in this weekend and let you guys know :)
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Kawa3

Any replacing on the airbox? heard the airboxes are not very water tight.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Rare Earth Rider

Need to go any deeper than this!! ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TPZmpS34g
Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch

CrazyWhiteBo

Quote from: Kawa3 on August 14, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
Any replacing on the airbox? heard the airboxes are not very water tight.

You don't have to replace the airbox, just make sure its sealed tight.  Marine grease around the lid, and you can also add my latches to the lid.
"Ridin' Deep"

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: Kawa3 on August 14, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
Any replacing on the airbox? heard the airboxes are not very water tight.

I believe in the earlier models there were some problems with the lid not sealing right.  I just use a little grease.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

this is a cool video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9DN90DlOJw&feature=related

I would have like to been in it when he did donuts in 4 wheel drive
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I opened the kit yesterday and I will say this I was not expecting the 1/4" tubing to extend my breathers.  That was an added plus!! I had already bought some for the front diff.  so now I should have all the breathers up as well as the snorkels.  It looks like Sunday I will be doing the install so I will let you guys know how everything goes.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

gtnwood

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

IXIswamperIXI

LOL I wonder how many times you can really do something like that even with all the breathers extended before the water seeps through your seals?  I redid all my seals on my buggy (dana 60's) and I got about 6 trips out of it before water started to seep in, so now I have to change the gear lube almost everytime I go out.  Thank god I drain plugs on my pumpkins.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

backwoods boy

some people got more money/credit than sense
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Rare Earth Rider

You better rase the vent tube to the gas tank also or water will get in the there too.
Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch

CrazyWhiteBo

#33
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 16, 2008, 10:47:52 AM
I opened the kit yesterday and I will say this I was not expecting the 1/4" tubing to extend my breathers.  That was an added plus!! I had already bought some for the front diff.  so now I should have all the breathers up as well as the snorkels.  It looks like Sunday I will be doing the install so I will let you guys know how everything goes.

I include vent line and barbed fittings to extend both differentials, gas tank, and tranny vent lines.  Let me know if you run into any problems installing the kit tomorrow.  I'll be glad to walk you through it.
"Ridin' Deep"

IXIswamperIXI

Well everything went together fairly well.  Took me longer to run my vent lines than it did to get the snorkels up.  Sorry no pics been kinda rushed with hurricane stuff.  All in all everything good... well have to wait and see the next ride if I did it right LOL
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

MudPuppy

I beg you please make 1 for a Polaris sportsman 400 4x4
2002 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

CrazyWhiteBo

haha, I only make kits for high demand atv's and ruv's.  I do custom installs for everything else.
"Ridin' Deep"

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com