TT Track at Thunderbowl Speedway Is Complete!

Started by Fast66071, August 03, 2008, 10:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast66071

Just thought I'd let you guys know that we started on the new TT track this weekend. It is shaping up to be bad a$$.

.RD

unforgiven

cool beans.i guess i need to get my pretzel straitened out :N

jayman

Alright now youre talking!!!!!!!!!


I will be there to practice as soon as I hear it is ready,  like most I can not wait to get back out on the track!!


:Clap.gif                 :drive.gif                   :bow.gif
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

550superquad

PICTURES come on quad 32 get off your arse  :o & get some pics up  ;D
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

1fastltr450

Oh yeah I cant wait by then I will be ready to bring my  baby out to the track and ware out some folks lol Come get some sucka especially you Mr. David Underware
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Some of you saw the TT layout this past Saturday. It will be added on to, tweaked and have multiple entrances and exits installed (so we don't always run the same track). Drainage work will be done this weekend and clay should start going down next week. I anticipate being complete in a couple of weeks. We will have a couple of "shakedown" TT races, and then be able to have a fall TT series.

Get those bikes ready to turn left AND right......

Fast66071

Alright, I thought you ladies might like an update:

Between the crazy weather and a certain somebody, whose name I won't mention, constantly changing the track around, we're finally ready to put the clay down. I think since this is a 4 day weekend we're going to try to do it this weekend.

.RD

YamahaBabe27

Alright I cannnnnt wait!!! You guys need to hurry!!! :-*
Paige

Backwoods Racin

We went by on sunday and checked out the new TT track layout, it looks pretty cool. Saw Brady there grazing- um I mean cutting the grass. ;D
Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL

Fast66071

"grazing"- That's funny ;D

Well, we got it done today. It still needs a little fine tuning, but all the clay is down and the track is shaped. It turned out to be really cool.   

jayman

Quote from: Fast66071 on September 01, 2008, 08:00:29 PM
"grazing"- That's funny ;D

Well, we got it done today. It still needs a little fine tuning, but all the clay is down and the track is shaped. It turned out to be really cool.   

yeah I saw it today it is an awesome track!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

fastrnrik

The track turned out very well. It is bigger, longer, faster, and more technical. There are 5 entrance/exit points so the track can be run all sorts of ways. The reasoning behind the multiple layout is since there are no other TT tracks in the area, we can run our TT series and run a different track each time we race.  There are lots more cool features than our previous track such as switchbacks, a chicane, a gnarly off camber turn, a tabletop with a long sloping landing, a right hand sweeper and a medium and small size roller type jumps.

Additionally, we put several loads of clay on the main oval track. I will be re-working the oval with the new clay this week.

Finally, as a sidenote, I will remember all this harassment that I have been receiving lately ;)........
   

quick26

i am eager to get back down that way.  i need to look for a new assignment now.  ;D

stgsali

Hey Ward, You want to swipe the black flag or should I?  ;)
Now we'll have to make sure we leave on the light!! rolback1
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Fast66071

Remember it all you want.




By the way, Your plaid pants are still gay.

WJDTRI

Quote from: stgsali on September 02, 2008, 12:42:13 PM
Hey Ward, You want to swipe the black flag or should I?  ;)
Now we'll have to make sure we leave on the light!! rolback1


No need to do anything but just spray a little bit of BFR on your bike and POOOF!!!!!.....no more black flag!!!!!   8)
and if my starts don t get any better.......lights won t matter
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

Possibly. The TT won't be "race prepped", but if it's not too bad we may let a few riders run some laps on it.

Ward, you want to try that Yamaha out on some TT?




WJDTRI

I don t think so. Its all I can do to wrestle it around the oval in one gear. Too much shifting and braking on a TT. The yamaha doesn t slow down very well or very quick. Thats one thing I may have to change. I can t get used to big dam boots. Feel clumsy and don t like the feel. If I had to shift and brake alot I would have issues. Would be a blast on the TT though. Would love to have an old XL350 in a Champion frame set up for TT.....and different boots........ That would be cool!!
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

jayman

Quote from: fastrnrik on September 02, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Possibly. The TT won't be "race prepped", but if it's not too bad we may let a few riders run some laps on it.

Ward, you want to try that Yamaha out on some TT?






Really  :'(
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

WJDTRI

I do buckle under peer pressure   :) .....could take a lap or two........might add to the amusement of all. Richard will be waiting for me in turn 3....wherever it is...

and who can say no to a crying woman....but I won t go there!!!!

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Hey! It's not my favorite place to park! I was thinking we should put up a temporary carport for you.  :) Now if I can get one holeshot in and stay one the leader's tail!
Ward, if you try the TT I'll give it a go too! Just maybe. I won't look like too much of a beginner! lol
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Quote from: jayman on September 02, 2008, 08:43:07 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on September 02, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Possibly. The TT won't be "race prepped", but if it's not too bad we may let a few riders run some laps on it.

Ward, you want to try that Yamaha out on some TT?






Really  :'(

Yeah really. This weekends race is a flat track race so we will spend our time prepping the oval. The TT is brand new so it still needs ripping, dragging, watering (if it ever stops raining), and re-compacting before we can race on it. If we have time, we'll get some of it ready to play on.

WJDTRI

my apologies jayman.....sometimes I can t read
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Quad32x

Quote from: fastrnrik on September 02, 2008, 09:27:34 PM
Quote from: jayman on September 02, 2008, 08:43:07 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on September 02, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Possibly. The TT won't be "race prepped", but if it's not too bad we may let a few riders run some laps on it.

Ward, you want to try that Yamaha out on some TT?






Really  :'(

Yeah really. This weekends race is a flat track race so we will spend our time prepping the oval. The TT is brand new so it still needs ripping, dragging, watering (if it ever stops raining), and re-compacting before we can race on it. If we have time, we'll get some of it ready to play on.

I want to play on it !  :Y
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

YamahaBabe27

Paige would greatly appreciate some laps since our national was cancelled.
Paige

Fast66071

If it's OK to ride on we'll let people take a few laps on parts of it to try it out. Heck nobody has rode it yet, not even us.
I think that we'll have a bike out there tommorow so we can try it. ;)

.RD

fastrnrik

We did a demo run on the TT track this weekend during intermission of the flat track race. There a couple spots that need tweaking, but all in all it's pretty cool.

I saw someone taking pictures while we were on the TT. Maybe they'll post them up for us.

stgsali

Ok, here are a few of the TT test. We didn't get enough of them but we will do a better job of getting some more!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Looks like they're having fun!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com