Pics on Home Page

Started by sk8r_dude, October 11, 2004, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sk8r_dude

The pictures alternating on the home page appear dated. Many of us have posted some killer pics in the recent past(ONF, Bad Luck, Big Cypress, Etc.) but they never make it to the home page. Can the home page pictures be refreshed all the time with the most current submissions of the members?
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

I'll double check with MrBoNeS but my understanding is they do refresh and pull from the photo gallery. It's just that there are so many pics that it takes a long time for them to cycle through all of them.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

mrbones

The pics are actually pulled from the attachments directory. They have to be reformatted to the right size and added to the random picture directory within the site so they are shown on the home page.

I know the current ones are getting old so I'll try and grab some more and post them. There's 286 in there now so it does take awhile for them to cycle through. It just takes a good long time to process the new ones so I always put it off.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

o4250

when does it switch off?? ?

Every 5 minutes???

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

mrbones

I just added another 162 pics and that's only 10/01-10/19. Wow you guys post a lot of pics. It's awsome. I'll add more very soon. Thanks!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

sk8r_dude

Thank you MrBones, they look great.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Redgrizzly660

Thank Mr Bones I can see my pix now

Grizz

YAMAHONDAMAN

Ain't seen mine ...  :'(
J/K .....Great site !!!!   i like the ones ya got from CITRUS CO.
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

mrbones

I just added September's pics. Only 51 because of the storms but found some good ones in there. That brings the total to 496.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

mrbones

I took a few of them and put them in the upper left hand corner on all pages except the message forums. It looks cool. I took that random image thing off the message forums awhile back to speed it up for dial up users.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

RnkOutlaw

I have been having trouble posting pictures on the web site it says that the KB is too large, what do I do to post the pictures
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

eric

#12
Hi RnkOutlaw,
 go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx  on the page that opens about half way down on the far right side click on and open "ImageResizer.exe" After you do you should be able to right click your mouse on any open photo and choose "resize picture" and resize it. Choose advanced to custom size.

YAMAHONDAMAN

Mr.BoNeS......
the Pic of the "Citrus" Banshee's Jumping them Hill's in Hernando are KILLER !!!
is there any way to "Post" the Saltsdale Sand Drag Pic's
on the Front Page ? ... ain't seen em yet on there and
it's a GROWING Sport these day's !!  
Thank You And Keep Up The GOOD Work !!  
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

mrbones

Thanks for the compliments. I think they are in there, but I could be wrong. Anyone else seen them?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

YAMAHONDAMAN

Mr.Bones ... YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!! Sand Drags on the Front Page ,.............. AWSOME !!!  Thank's !!!!!!!!!!!
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com