Computer problems?

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, December 27, 2004, 07:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

Thrasher is da man. I've had 3 different computer techs try to figure out what was wrong with my laptop and why it could not find my wireless access point. Thrasher came by and fixed the entire problem in no time.He also used a different virus scan ( I have Norton) and found viruses that Norton didn't pick up. I am back up and running very smooth thanks to Doug.
If anyone needs any computer repairs please call him. He is very reasonable and knows his stuff.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chuck_Norris

GOOD TO KNOW [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Shotgun

Which anti-virus software did he use?

Thrasher

I used Norton and TrendMicros online scanner, after I cleared his host table(s) from redirecting the antivirus software/websites to localhost . In my opinion, it's also always a good thing to use more than 1 scanner, thats why I also use webbased ones, what one misses the other usually catches. The same goes with spyware removal tools, use AdAware AND Spybot. But I also use an online scanner as well which again, when you use them all, you will have a higher sucess rate of getting MOST of everything off. Some things are persitient, and you will need to bootup in "safe mode" and remove them by hand...too much to easily explain here.

online virus scanner/removal:
http://housecall.antivirus.com

online spyware scanner/removal:
http://www.spywareguide.com

(be sure to close ALL broswers and windows explorer windows for this ANd all scanners to work properly)

a website with good spyware removal tools all in 1 place
http://www.siena.edu/spyware

hope this helps someone.



2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Shotgun


Ida_Mann

Why Thrash, I didn't know there was another computer geek getting paid here.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

love_to_roost

Mike sorry couldnt help but I know about as much about
computers and fixing them as I know about astro-physics.
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com