RZR Update

Started by IXIswamperIXI, July 27, 2008, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I have found something I can not stand about my RZR.  If you need to take the plugs out on the trail (oh let say you got water in the cylinder) you have to take the stupid bed off.  What a pain when everyone is waiting on you.  Took me about an hour.  That is a horrible design flaw.  Just an update for people thinking about them.  I will have some interesting pictures of a RZR bed on a RHINO LOL

       IXIswamperIXI
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

dj_pizzim

now that you know how to take the bed off you should snorkle that thing so you dont have to worry about it again  ;)
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

IXIswamperIXI

I am going to look into a snorkel but right now I have the money but I don't if you know what I mean
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

dj_pizzim

I understand ya on that ... We just ripped apart a rhino and was going to be 2 rzr's but its a lil tricky ... there is a kit on ebay for like $130 and it pretty straight forward.   
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

r6realtor

well atleast you got it off and were eventually up and running! how many miles do you have on it now? still no issues?
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

IXIswamperIXI

I have 60 hours on it now.  No issues but I am starting to hear a clicking noise from the front end when I turn not loud just enough to hear.  I have checked all the bolts I know of and greased all the fittings and still have a little click once and a while.  I have read a LONG post on the RZR forum about this issue and what I got from that is I may have to grease my CV's or tighten my axle nut a few turns.  Also my exhaust is now glowing cherry red (maybe I just now noticed) I have been reassured by many people that is normal.  But so far so good, just got to watch those deep holes.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

r6realtor

a buddy of mine bought one and has about 400miles on it only and has had no problems so far, he definitely has not babied either, they are a really cool machine and now that the 09 are coming out they have made some better improvements to it including to the airbox.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

mudnuri

I was going to say something about it being a Polaris, but my friends is still running and performing great. It's been through a lot.
Unlike his Predator that cannot seem to stay out of the shop. LOL! I think he's paid for that quad three times over! LOL!
I was reading your post and thought maybe you could modify the bed somehow with a door so you could get your hand and a socket down there?
Definitely seal it and snorkel it!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

IXIswamperIXI

I have certinly been thinking about a way to cut in an access door so you can get to the plugs.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

m0n0x1d3

My only complaint is it sits to low and bottoms out alot.I will be investing in a lift kit soon  and that will take care of this issue.
Also i bought a snorkel kilt from ebay for 150$ and after looking at it you are better off going to home depot for the parts.
You wont have 50 $ into the whole project.

IXIswamperIXI

It is low though I think the ground clearance is good BUT the wheel base is longer so I get hung up sometimes where 4 wheelers don't.  Have you disconnected the sway bar in front?  You will get about 6 more inches of "drop" on your front tires.  If you do disconnect them you have a bolt on top (sway bar) and on the bottom (shock) All you have to do is swap bolts top to bottom so the shock bolt isn't too long.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

dj_pizzim

Well depending on what size pvc you use with 2" it was more like $70-80 after you bought all the couplers and vent hose
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

KUADER

You dont have to take the bed off to  change the plugs. Take the seats out and remove the cover in front of the belt and the plugs are right there. Ten min tops........

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com