Question for people who know alot about hunting rifles and scopes.

Started by Fox17, July 28, 2008, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17


Anoriginal

Fox 17, glad to help. Hope you enjoy the Weatherby!


Megapurt...that made no sense at all.


Fox17


erbilabuc

hey I used the football example as a simple example and thats all. As soon as any bullet departs any barrel it starts to drop. Of course at 50 yards the drop will be miniscule compared to at 500 yards but it does drop. I'm sorry if my explanation makes no sense but Im not good at typing an explanation.

The fact is that the earth is curved and thats the only thing I am going to argue with on here with anyone if they want to:)

I think we are all saying the same thing just in different ways.
Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.

Anoriginal

Quote from: erbilabuc on July 31, 2008, 02:07:00 AM
hey I used the football example as a simple example and thats all. As soon as any bullet departs any barrel it starts to drop. Of course at 50 yards the drop will be miniscule compared to at 500 yards but it does drop. I'm sorry if my explanation makes no sense but Im not good at typing an explanation.

The fact is that the earth is curved and thats the only thing I am going to argue with on here with anyone if they want to:)

I think we are all saying the same thing just in different ways.

No problem and point taken. It's all good.  ;)

GrizzlyGator

look.....irregardless of all you heard or read above....

I have a for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot....




megapurt400

Quote from: Can-AmGator on July 31, 2008, 11:23:25 AM
look.....irregardless of all you heard or read above....

I have a for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot....







I hate to be picky but this is not a real word. -irregardless
It is still just regardless. I really wasnt tryin to be mean or a smart a**

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: megapurt400 on August 01, 2008, 03:36:59 AM
Quote from: Can-AmGator on July 31, 2008, 11:23:25 AM
look.....irregardless of all you heard or read above....

I have a for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot....







I hate to be picky but this is not a real word. -irregardless
It is still just regardless. I really wasnt tryin to be mean or a smart a**


Irregardless is a word that caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "non-standard".


Origin
The origin of irregardless is not known for certain, but the consensus among references is that it is a portmanteau of irrespective and regardless, both of which are commonly accepted standard English words. By blending these words, an illogical word is created. "Since the prefix ir- means 'not' (as it does with irrespective), and the suffix -less means 'without,' irregardless is a double negative."[1]. (Cf. inflammable, flammable.)

Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir– prefix and –less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.


Thanks anyway Mr. Hand   :dunno.gif I didn't know English writing professors were lurking about on an ATV board  ::)

by the way neither was I (tryin to  be a smart a**)

oh yeah wasn't should have an apostrophe between the n and the t for future reference  ;) and not to beleaguer the point here but tryin....is actually spelled trying  :-*

Fox17

what a bunch of immature idiots. arguing over a word and its origin and definition. its probably not even a real word. if it is, no one says it.

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: Fox17 on August 01, 2008, 05:01:01 PM
what a bunch of immature idiots. arguing over a word and its origin and definition. its probably not even a real word. if it is, no one says it.

Fox...when you start a sentence you should capitalize the first word in that sentence.  :-* Sentence structure is so important!!! And Fox...if no one says it why is there over 200 pages (hits) of the word on google???
lighten up you need to learn to have some fun ha ha ha ha whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
irregardless
and beside you havent even asked me what my for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot

megapurt400

 :N usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.[/glow][/size]

megapurt400

Quote from: Can-AmGator on August 01, 2008, 07:57:51 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 01, 2008, 05:01:01 PM
what a bunch of immature idiots. arguing over a word and its origin and definition. its probably not even a real word. if it is, no one says it.

Fox...when you start a sentence you should capitalize the first word in that sentence.  :-* Sentence structure is so important!!! And Fox...if no one says it why is there over 200 pages (hits) of the word on google???
lighten up you need to learn to have some fun ha ha ha ha whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
irregardless
and beside you havent even asked me what my for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot

I stand corrected, douche!

You cannot say anything on these threads with out that one guy, well two now that know every God dam* thing. Pointless discussion anyway.

Anoriginal

I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M

Fox17

Quote from: Can-AmGator on August 01, 2008, 07:57:51 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 01, 2008, 05:01:01 PM
what a bunch of immature idiots. arguing over a word and its origin and definition. its probably not even a real word. if it is, no one says it.

Fox...when you start a sentence you should capitalize the first word in that sentence.  :-* Sentence structure is so important!!! And Fox...if no one says it why is there over 200 pages (hits) of the word on google???
lighten up you need to learn to have some fun ha ha ha ha whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
irregardless
and beside you havent even asked me what my for sure fact prooven method of sighting a rifle with one and only one shot

i dont need to, Anoriginals method works just fine. why only shoot once? wheres the fun in that?

as for the 200 pages of hits, maybe some people say it, but i guarantee that not many of these rednecks on here do.

trx#9

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 01, 2008, 09:20:29 PM
I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M
I heard you know alot about penile implants.  :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Fox17


GrizzlyGator

Quote from: megapurt400 on August 01, 2008, 08:28:29 PM
:N usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.[/glow][/size]

ROTFLMAO
<nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty>



GrizzlyGator

Fox...to help answer your question, here's a couple of guys that know about hunting!

 

Fox17

Quote from: Can-AmGator on August 02, 2008, 12:49:25 AM
Fox...to help answer your question, here's a couple of guys that know about hunting!

 

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anoriginal

Quote from: trx#9 on August 01, 2008, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 01, 2008, 09:20:29 PM
I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M
I heard you know alot about penile implants.  :o

I sure do! Thanks for sitting me down and explaining to me everthing about your's and how it's working out for you. You are and excellent lecturer!   :L rolback1

Fox17

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 02, 2008, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on August 01, 2008, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 01, 2008, 09:20:29 PM
I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M
I heard you know alot about penile implants.  :o

I sure do! Thanks for sitting me down and explaining to me everthing about your's and how it's working out for you. You are and excellent lecturer!   :L rolback1


LMAO!!!!!  rolback1

trx#9

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 02, 2008, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on August 01, 2008, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 01, 2008, 09:20:29 PM
I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M
I heard you know alot about penile implants.  :o

I sure do! Thanks for sitting me down and explaining to me everthing about your's and how it's working out for you. You are and excellent lecturer!   :L rolback1
Yes in deed, the big booty black girls love us now. :G
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Anoriginal

Quote from: trx#9 on August 02, 2008, 02:25:25 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 02, 2008, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on August 01, 2008, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 01, 2008, 09:20:29 PM
I know nothing about the following:

False Fingernails
Anal Bleaching
Soap Operas
Teen Beat Magazine
Being a Wuss
Blood Pudding
High Heeled Shoes
Nuclear Physics
Tattoos
Living with Herpes
Eye Liner
Being Stupid

See there, I don't know every got dayum thing.   :M
I heard you know alot about penile implants.  :o

I sure do! Thanks for sitting me down and explaining to me everthing about your's and how it's working out for you. You are and excellent lecturer!   :L rolback1
Yes in deed, the big booty black girls love us now. :G

Those nappy headed ho's give us good lovin' don't they?   :D