Injured today while riding*update*

Started by TRX450R_Racer, July 26, 2008, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

Well I caught a small stump hidden in the brush and it pitched the quad sideways. Then it rolled throwing me off. I have a AC separation and torn ligaments. I always make up some story instead of saying it was ATV related. We don't need anymore bad marks. I told them I fell off the third floor. LOL Only kidding I really told them I fell off a ladder. Unfortunately it was the right side. Iv'e been hurt plenty of times but it is usually my left side. I'm starting to get good with the mouse in my left hand. Here are the x-rays.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

man your camera takes some cool pics

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Man this aint good. This happened to me during football my junior year. It's not fun and is quite painful. Does it hurt on your upper back anywhere to? It did for me, I had a serious not. Wait a few weeks and go to a massage therapist and get it rubbed out. You will recover faster.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

TRX450R_Racer

My shoulder blade hurts too.

I broke my left collar bone in 2002.

No doubt it is painfull.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Holy moly, I broke my collar bone in 03 during football. Bones heal up though, stronger than they were. Ligaments and tendons do not. They are like a rubberband, once you stretch them out enough over time, they won't go back to normal. All you can do now is strengthen the muscles around them.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

quadracer1992

Dang Frank Im really sorry to hear that. I told my dad that youd probably make up a story instead of giving quads a bad name.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:01:17 PM
Dang Frank Im really sorry to hear that. I told my dad that youd probably make up a story instead of giving quads a bad name.

Thanks.

Yea it sucks. The worst part is I can't ride my street bike to work. Now I'm back to $90-$100 a week in gas for my truck.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Jacob Fort

sorry to hear that, where were you riding?

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Jacob Fort on July 26, 2008, 11:07:35 PM
sorry to hear that, where were you riding?

Thanks

On private property.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

that sucks. hope you heal up fast.

quadracer1992

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on July 26, 2008, 11:03:57 PM
Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:01:17 PM
Dang Frank Im really sorry to hear that. I told my dad that youd probably make up a story instead of giving quads a bad name.

Thanks.

Yea it sucks. The worst part is I can't ride my street bike to work. Now I'm back to $90-$100 a week in gas for my truck.
Thats even worse. Man are you gonna at least be able to race? Mabe not the first one but some of them?
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

SlowJoeRacing

sorry to hear about this frank

this afternoon my dad and i thought about the time when u mest up ur knee and told the doctor u had a family bbq playing football witht he kids we laughed hard lol

hope for a SPEEDY RECOVERY :drive.gif
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:55:19 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on July 26, 2008, 11:03:57 PM
Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:01:17 PM
Dang Frank Im really sorry to hear that. I told my dad that youd probably make up a story instead of giving quads a bad name.

Thanks.

Yea it sucks. The worst part is I can't ride my street bike to work. Now I'm back to $90-$100 a week in gas for my truck.
Thats even worse. Man are you gonna at least be able to race? Mabe not the first one but some of them?

I will be back racing. It might take a couple of months but I will be back. Not if it was up to my wife. LOL
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

Sorry to hear that Frank. Heal quick brother.

ps. good thinking about the ladder though.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 27, 2008, 09:51:27 AM
Sorry to hear that Frank. Heal quick brother.

ps. good thinking about the ladder though.

Thanks Mike.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

quadracer1992

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on July 27, 2008, 07:39:52 AM
Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:55:19 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on July 26, 2008, 11:03:57 PM
Quote from: quadracer1992 on July 26, 2008, 11:01:17 PM
Dang Frank Im really sorry to hear that. I told my dad that youd probably make up a story instead of giving quads a bad name.

Thanks.

Yea it sucks. The worst part is I can't ride my street bike to work. Now I'm back to $90-$100 a week in gas for my truck.
Thats even worse. Man are you gonna at least be able to race? Mabe not the first one but some of them?

I will be back racing. It might take a couple of months but I will be back. Not if it was up to my wife. LOL
LOL good luck with that. ;)
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

mudnuri

I'll bet you were leading the pack, too!  :P

I am really sorry you got hurt, Frank. Shoulder injuries are tough and sleeping can be a real beeyatch.
Hope you heal quick. B
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRXASAURUS

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com

Busta Nutt

#19
you should be riding in 2 weeks. I have that cold water circulating cooler gimmick and the electro pulse wave gimmick if you need it.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: mudnuri on July 27, 2008, 01:31:50 PM
I'll bet you were leading the pack, too!  :P

I am really sorry you got hurt, Frank. Shoulder injuries are tough and sleeping can be a real beeyatch.
Hope you heal quick. B

Thank Brian. Either way I will see you at the first race.


Quote from: TRXASAURUS on July 27, 2008, 06:22:03 PM

ouch

heal fast!

Thanks


Quote from: Busta Nutt on July 27, 2008, 06:22:03 PM
you should be riding in 2 weeks. I have that cold water circulating cooler gimmick and the electro pulse wave gimmick if you need it.


I will stop by on my lunch tomorrow.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Kelli415

Frank.
Im sorry to hear about this..
That really stinks.
I hope your feeling better;
If you heal super fast you can race at Myakka
with us!
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Turboderf

franks on my team now ??? we take the pics  ;)

Kelli415

Quote from: Turboderf on July 27, 2008, 11:14:38 PM
franks on my team now ??? we take the pics  ;)



good.
my mom doesnt know how to work a camera!
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Kelli415 on July 27, 2008, 11:12:40 PM
Frank.
Im sorry to hear about this..
That really stinks.
I hope your feeling better;
If you heal super fast you can race at Myakka
with us!

Thanks Kelli.
I will be there either racing or taking pictures. See you then
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KAW3604x4

 :T Here's to a speedy recovery!! ;)
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

atvdude01

this really sux bro, man i broke my collarbone actually it was just a little higher on my collar but yha, that must really suck, it didnt happen atving or anything it was bmx, but i got used to doing everything with my left hand and then finally it partially healed and i could somewhat use my right hand for school and whatnot but it really sucked because like the first couple weeks it hurt just to try and sit down, i dont know why but it did hahahah, but i hope it heals quickly like mine! good luck with being a leftie for a while  :P
-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

qt314nfla

sorry to hear it frank.  there is some truth to what was said about ligaments.  the other reason for slow recovery compared to muscles or bones is the lack of blood supply.   gonna def be interesting doing anything for a while.  you might consider looking up prolotherapy on the internet.  it will help rebuild the ligaments and is about as little invasive as you can get.  works better than cortizone injections on the long term basis.  a lot of professional athletes are using it to get back in the sport faster. i know it'd kill me to be off my street bike these days.   i wish you a speedy recovery. 

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Turboderf on July 27, 2008, 11:14:38 PM
franks on my team now ??? we take the pics  ;)

Temporarily

Quote from: KAW3604x4 on July 28, 2008, 12:38:45 PM
:T Here's to a speedy recovery!! ;)

Thanks

Quote from: atvdude01 on July 28, 2008, 01:13:10 PM
this really sux bro, man i broke my collarbone actually it was just a little higher on my collar but yha, that must really suck, it didnt happen atving or anything it was bmx, but i got used to doing everything with my left hand and then finally it partially healed and i could somewhat use my right hand for school and whatnot but it really sucked because like the first couple weeks it hurt just to try and sit down, i dont know why but it did hahahah, but i hope it heals quickly like mine! good luck with being a leftie for a while  :P

I'm old so it will take some time. LOL

Quote from: QT314 on July 28, 2008, 02:31:11 PM
sorry to hear it frank.  there is some truth to what was said about ligaments.  the other reason for slow recovery compared to muscles or bones is the lack of blood supply.   gonna def be interesting doing anything for a while.  you might consider looking up prolotherapy on the internet.  it will help rebuild the ligaments and is about as little invasive as you can get.  works better than cortizone injections on the long term basis.  a lot of professional athletes are using it to get back in the sport faster. i know it'd kill me to be off my street bike these days.   i wish you a speedy recovery. 

Thanks for the advice and well wishes.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gearhead400

that sucks man! sorry to hear it. I had to avoid some awesome hill climbs this weekend for fear of injury. Heal up quick man!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: gearhead400 on July 28, 2008, 05:13:57 PM
that sucks man! sorry to hear it. I had to avoid some awesome hill climbs this weekend for fear of injury. Heal up quick man!

Thanks Kyle
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

I saw the Doctor today. He told me 4 weeks in the sling and then he would reevaluate me. Maybe surgery down the road. I hope not.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com