Posting up some old school

Started by trx#9, July 25, 2008, 03:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trx#9


Can anyone guess what track this is, not the one of tampa stadium. You have to be an old schooler to know. ;)
The one of tampa stadium had some of the biggest and hardest whoops I've ever ridden on.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

310R_Dude

#26
"Can anyone guess what track this is..."

Is that Zuber? Up by Hard Rock?

And is that Tim McQuaid(not sure 'bout
the name) on his Tecate you were chasing?
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

klutchbuster400

Short shorts were really popular with the guys in the 80's huh  ::)

trx#9

#28
Quote from: 310R_Dude on August 09, 2008, 04:25:08 AM
"Can anyone guess what track this is..."

Is that Zuber? Up by Hard Rock?

And is that Tim McQuaid(not sure 'bout
the name) on his Tecate you were chasing?
Nope not zuber, try again! Isn't Tim Mcquaid quad32x on here? I don't know if thats him or not, I know I flew past him later on the lap. ;D Maybe he will see this.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

310R_Dude

Other than the Stadium shot, the other three pics are the same track right?
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

trx#9

Quote from: 310R_Dude on August 12, 2008, 11:57:06 PM
Other than the Stadium shot, the other three pics are the same track right?
Yes sir!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

310R_Dude

Only three odd tracks that I can think of...

Tallahassee - It doesn't look nice enough, that track back then was a DREAM.

Clewiston - I never rode there, but they said it was dirt/sandy.

Cocoa Beach(diamond Back)???  I only raced there once, YES that was enough,
but the pics don't remind me of what my memory recalls.

Is it one of those?

I can't believe I can't get this... it had to be early on, you were on the Zuk' :(
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

trx#9

Sorry grasshopper, try again. Getting close though!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

310R_Dude

Quote from: trx#9 on August 13, 2008, 10:51:29 PM
Sorry grasshopper, try again. Getting close though!

CLOSE... to what/where!!!

I named three TOTALLY different areas of FloriDUH! Arrrrgh...
THAT's NOT close, mister ;)

LOL

P.S.
I'm still thinking
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

310R_Dude

County Line MX by Desoto Speedway?
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

#36
Its McQuaig with a G damn it.  :L  So you want back in the day huh. Well hows this ? 1983. Dade City Raceway on an air cooled Honda ATC 250r.

I gots a bunch more I`ll post when I get home. Yep. Those where the days TRX#9.  ;)

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

trx#9

1983 has me beat brother! Is that you on the #144 tecate which 310r-dude was referring to? I didn't think you were crazy enough to ride a Tecate.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

Quote from: trx#9 on August 14, 2008, 03:39:48 PM
1983 has me beat brother! Is that you on the #144 tecate which 310r-dude was referring to? I didn't think you were crazy enough to ride a Tecate.

Wernt me broham but Yes , I did race one you young whipper snapper.  :M
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Quad32x

I just had to post this one. Im sure Monkey Boy hates this pic.  rolback1  But notice whos number plate is clean.  ;)

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

trx#9

Your in front of him for a second there! :ThumbsUp.gif
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

On my 1984 Kawasaki Tecate at MX of Marion Co.




Main hole shot on my 1987 Tecate at Flagler MX. 14 was Randy Howard , RIP and 42 was Carey Jones. Im sure Erik will remember them.




Another from Flagler MX.



Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

trx#9

Tim, do you remember were this race was 310r_dude having a problem with it.
I recall I forgot to bike in gear in the first moto, damn rookie mistake.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

Heres one from Diamondback in Cocoa. Thats one rough track !




This is what you saw if you raced Open 3 wheeler class and I was there.  2:L  This is at Dade City.




This is the bike that Kawasaki set up for Jimmy White to race the National they used to have at the Lake George ice race somewhere up north. I bought it from him in 1985. It had the KX 250 motor  , custom aluminum tank and some other goodies that where not on the bikes till 86. I loved that bike ! Also at Dade City.

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Quad32x

Quote from: trx#9 on August 14, 2008, 07:47:06 PM
Tim, do you remember were this race was 310r_dude having a problem with it.
I recall I forgot to bike in gear in the first moto, damn rookie mistake.


Dang , you got me on that one Erik.  :dunno.gif
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Quad32x

Anyone remember that Cagiva made a 3 wheeler at one time ? It was a 200cc machine that was fast as all but big time tippy !




Heres one from South Georgia MX from the old FMC series. Its a 1988 Kawasaki Tecate-4. Bike was fast !




This is from MX of Marion Co. I was big time loyal to Team Green for a long time.

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Quad32x

MX of Marion Co. You cant tell me those old Kawasaki`s weren't fast.  ;D




Another one from MX of Marion Co. I used to do real good on the hole shot.  >:D

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Quad32x

Well theres some old school back in the day stuff for ya Erik. Now Im just a fat old guy that rides some flat track and TT races on an old school Suzuki. But hey , its still fun.  :L



Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

trx#9

Great pics!!! :Clap.gif
Lenny Lewis still has his factory kawi that he got Heidi Klem, those trikes were trick for the day.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

Quote from: trx#9 on August 14, 2008, 08:22:18 PM
Great pics!!! :Clap.gif
Lenny Lewis still has his factory kawi that he got Heidi Klem, those trikes were trick for the day.
I wish I would have kept all my old race bikes.  :'(
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32