GOT MY NEW WALKER EVANS SHOCKS ON THE RZR LAST NIGHT!

Started by r6realtor, September 23, 2008, 10:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r6realtor

Well they finally came in last night, they were actually a pretty easy install except for the rear a-arm guards as you can see I had to chop them up pretty good to make room, the dremel and grinder weren't doing the job so I had to bust out the saw zaw(spelling?) then finish up with the big grinder. I only had a chance to take it in a couple of ditches and the street but the ride I can tell is much nicer and makes you want to jump it because it so soft. Right now it looks like I have about 11" of clearance in the rear and 12" in the front, I did get the heavier duty springs from walker evans though, anyway heres a couple pics hope to do some testing in the coming weeks.







2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

r6realtor

not really, just a couple of ditches and the street but I can tell you that I can hit those ditches and fly over the colverts 10x faster than I used to!
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: r6realtor on September 23, 2008, 11:12:49 AM
not really, just a couple of ditches and the street but I can tell you that I can hit those ditches and fly over the colverts 10x faster than I used to!

Cool. I guess they are worth the money.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

r6realtor

Well when I had my rhino the absolute best upgrade I ever did to it was the Bilstien shocks I put on it and that doesn't have half the speed or power that this rzr does so I would imaginge this should be an awesome ride once I get them dialed in.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Muddbuggy

they look good jason...when we gonna get together and go for a ride?
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

r6realtor

Quote from: Muddbuggy on September 23, 2008, 08:42:02 PM
they look good jason...when we gonna get together and go for a ride?

Definitely, anywere good to ride in your area? fort myers is just about dun!
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Muddbuggy

The Northport offroad group is having a camp/ride Nov.28-30 on 6000acres.  or theirs always the ranch
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

r6realtor

Quote from: Muddbuggy on September 24, 2008, 12:31:57 PM
The Northport offroad group is having a camp/ride Nov.28-30 on 6000acres.  or theirs always the ranch

WoW 6000 acres is that private? PM me for details?? thanks
Jason
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Shawn

Looks good Jason, let me know when you want to sell it ;) :D :D
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

r6realtor

Hey buddy! I definitely will, how that rhino doing? I looked through one of your photo albums last week from your trip to brimestone??? I think it was called, it looked awesome, you guys seem to be really enjoying that thing!

Got any helpfull tips to set these new shocks up? these have the ressy's on them with the compression adjustment and I am trying to dial them in.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Shawn

Quote from: r6realtor on September 27, 2008, 10:22:45 AM
Hey buddy! I definitely will, how that rhino doing? I looked through one of your photo albums last week from your trip to brimestone??? I think it was called, it looked awesome, you guys seem to be really enjoying that thing!

Got any helpfull tips to set these new shocks up? these have the ressy's on them with the compression adjustment and I am trying to dial them in.


I must say that we had a blast up in Tenn. with the Rhino. It exceeded every expectation we had and then some.
From experience I would not know on a side x side but I would set the compression to the softtest setting and increase it only if its starts bottoming out a lot.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com