SUZUKI Z250. Help

Started by MgOnZo700, October 18, 2006, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MgOnZo700

Ok, hey guys. I have a 2005 Suzuki z250 and am looking to purchasing a pipe for it but I am having trouble choosing one. Which exhaust would you recommend for this atv? I want to improve sound and performance, mostly torque. And whats the difference between a slip on and a full system. Which do you recommend is better.

UncleRico

When you say improve sound, do you mean louder? Because some people think improved sound may be quieter.

Anyway, as for slip on vs. full: Full systems are centred on utilizing higher rev ranges most of the time. They provide better "breathability" compared to a slip on. Gains in horsepower can be anywhere from minimal to as high as 3 horsepower (that's the highest I've seen, not to say that there aren't claims of it being higher).

It's going to make your exhaust system somewhat lighter (usually 25% to 40% ranges).

For the actual truth on which exhaust is best for your bike, you'd need to find a comparison chart of exhaust systems on the dyno to get actual comparative quantative numbers. That would be the only way to see which one is best for your bike.

If you find such a chart, let us know or post the link.

My advice, a slip on is more economical considering you will probably only get minimal gains from adding the header pipe.

Check with the guys in the flat track league posts, (Hillkiller, HosierDaddy, Fastnrik) as they have experience with the 250's.  They could speak from experience.


Good luck
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

banana-man

I rec HMF slip-on.  HP increases accross the rpm range between 5 and 8 hp.  Look on their sight for comparisons.  One of the mags did a shootout, and from memory HMF and CT Racing were the top 2.  I could be wrong though.  I got the HMF because of it's performance, spark arrestor, quiet core available, price, and it came with a jet.  They're all going to give good performance.  One really does not make a whole lot more hp than the other, pick one for a good price, and put it on.  I'd wait for a cam before I got a full system.

MgOnZo700

thanks alot. Im gonna go by what yo guys are saying. Ill most likely go with the hmf now.
Thanks again

megapurt400


TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

megapurt400

Gotcha! Thanks.

I told him when he emailed me I would reply on his thread, but it is all cool supreme member.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com