Is there going to be a new trail from Lake D to big scrub opening Up???

Started by r6realtor, April 21, 2008, 04:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r6realtor

I thought I heard but I maybe mistaken that there would be a really long NEW trail that would go from Lake Delancy to Big scrub?? any truth to this rumor???
Thanks
Jason
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

palatkat

I've been told by Brett Bush who I have always assumed is in charge of the forest plan that a loop from the north trail system to the south is in the plans.....not just one trail but a loop.....I was told this is maybe 2 years away....getting across highway 40 is something that will require some funding for a bridge,culvert,light or some other means to get to the other side..not to mention what to do at other paved roads...safety you know.....I've been told by some of the other rangers that the basic trail has been cut and/or being worked on ...it's supposed to go by the 88 store so you can get gas if necessary....I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen though

bugmanjr

I spoke with the Main man at the Devision of Forestry last trip there. He is the leader of the whole project. He says its a sure thing, that they have already started and have the Grooming equipment already purchased. He also said its a 2 Directional Marked trail with a speed limit, I believe he said 30mph. He gave me a map ill see if I can find it. I know it got wet in the front so called dry storage box of my sportsman.

08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

r6realtor

Well the reason I ask, is because there was an artical in our news press today in Fort myers (fort myers is like 5 hours away) about a new 117 mile trail that was opening up JULY 1st 2008 and I remember a ranger telling us last novermber when we were there that there would eventually be a trail that would go from Lake delancy to big scrub. I did not read the artical myself a buddy called me up and told some bits and pieces of it.
Thanks
jason
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

bugmanjr

The guy told me the exact same thing. July.
He also said that big scrub and all trails that are currently open around it will be closed.
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

350x_rider

I rode big scrub this weekend.I think I was on the new trail for a ways.I was following a path cut by a dozer.looked to me that 1 loop will go north across 40 and one will go to blue sink.

novadave

It would take all day to go from delancey to big scrub at 30 mph.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

YELLOW RR

Quote from: r6realtor on April 21, 2008, 04:49:24 PM
I thought I heard but I maybe mistaken that there would be a really long NEW trail that would go from Lake Delancy to Big scrub?? any truth to this rumor???
Thanks
Jason

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-flfocala0421sbapr21,0,7721989.story
2007 LTR450

r6realtor

Quote from: YELLOW RR on April 24, 2008, 03:12:19 PM
Quote from: r6realtor on April 21, 2008, 04:49:24 PM
I thought I heard but I maybe mistaken that there would be a really long NEW trail that would go from Lake Delancy to Big scrub?? any truth to this rumor???
Thanks
Jason

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-flfocala0421sbapr21,0,7721989.story

wow they are closing 2,000 miles of trails, So far I have only been to Lake Delancy once and I am not really sure that this means the trail will go from Delancy to big scrub??? I apologize for my ignorance but I have only been once and I am not sure were blue sink is????
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

bugmanjr

08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

dirtyrooster

Yeah, supposedly the trail will go from rodman to big scrub with a few more camp sites available. Also might be a lake or two along the trails to stop and cool off in.
'06 Predator 500

Yamahonda41

Would be nice if they also connected the Wandering Wiregrass trail as well.  Any plans for this?  It's not that far from Scrub.  Also would be almost a necessity to be able to stop by the 88 Store.  My V-Force 700 can only go a little over 30 miles on a tank of gas...
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com