I finally got my dream truck!

Started by Fox17, June 14, 2008, 07:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

Its a 94 Toyota Pickup with the 22RE and a 5-speed. Its on 33x12.50x15" Firestone Destination M/Ts on 15" streetlocks. It has a Trailmaster 4" suspension lift and Warn hubs. Other than that its all stock. The body is great except for the hood and roof are oxidized. Interior is mint. Everyone said that the 22RE has no power but it has plenty even with stock gears and those tires.

Fox17


Chillinthemost

That truck will treat you right.  With the price of diesel, I wish I had one.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

foreman1

#3
Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 14, 2008, 08:04:47 PM
That truck will treat you right.  With the price of diesel, I wish I had one.

My Amex card got its ass kicked at the diesel pump today
at $4.89 a gal times 30 gallons =almost $147 .


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKRtdgQhVbw

Heres my new tow vehicle ....
Transportattion at $200 a barrel of crude




:H
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

1FasterBlaster

   Hey, I had one of those when I was 12, right before I got my first YZ80. I'm getting a street legal 110cc X-18 super pocket bike.

foreman1

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on June 17, 2008, 03:55:50 PM
   Hey, I had one of those when I was 12, right before I got my first YZ80. I'm getting a street legal 110cc X-18 super pocket bike.

Those mini bikes were bad ass , you pile on 4 kids and ride .
A viable alternative to walking , trying to improve my carbon footprint. :drink.gif
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Hondabeefast

02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R

GENERAL-Z


nice for a yoda but I4 nogo should have got a chevy good luck ;D
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

Fox17

Quote from: 92ChevyZ71 on June 18, 2008, 05:30:52 PM

nice for a yoda but I4 nogo should have got a chevy good luck ;D

its you that needs the good luck. chevys are pos. all domestics are built like crap.

Chevy1500z71

#9
Quote from: Fox17 on June 18, 2008, 08:47:46 PM
Quote from: 92ChevyZ71 on June 18, 2008, 05:30:52 PM

nice for a yoda but I4 nogo should have got a chevy good luck ;D

its you that needs the good luck. chevys are pos. all domestics are built like crap.

:-\ all i can do is laugh at a statement like that

my chevy is running like new at 200k miles with a blower... whens the last yota you saw runnig strong at 200k miles with all stock internals?

EDIT: i dont mean to bash you, your new truck looks nice, but you have no room to make fun of chevys with that thing now, come on... you cant even compare. chevys been making real full size trucks forever, Toyota started in like, what? 2006, maybe 2007?

a mini truck is a mini truck. there all gutless and get pretty good mpg and thats what they are good for.

CABLEGUY1

First let me state that I'm a Chevy man and always have been however I've seen PLENTY of Yotas go through muck that alot of full size Chevys and Fords could not. Now they wont out pull most Chevys but alot of them walk on top of the mud. I've also seen alot of near stock Jeeps that do the same. Still ,theres nothing like the sound of a built small block Chevy with open headers going full out through a pit. Not to mention they look better than any other truck. Fox 17,good luck with that thing. It's a nice looking truck.I like that color too.

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on June 18, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
First let me state that I'm a Chevy man and always have been however I've seen PLENTY of Yotas go through muck that alot of full size Chevys and Fords could not. Now they wont out pull most Chevys but alot of them walk on top of the mud. I've also seen alot of near stock Jeeps that do the same. Still ,theres nothing like the sound of a built small block Chevy with open headers going full out through a pit. Not to mention they look better than any other truck. Fox 17,good luck with that thing. It's a nice looking truck.I like that color too.

thats true, jeeps and yotas will do better offroad, but like you said, their aint nothing like a v8 screemin...

DZ 350

nice looking truck man good luck
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

Fox17

ive seen many toyotas with 250k plus on them. my dad had a celica he bought new then sold it to his best friend and it was totaled at 350k. only thing ever replaced was the starter. from my personal experience, chevys, fords and especially dodges suck. since ive been able to remember, weve never had a ford or dodge without a problem. never had a chevy but i have plenty of friends with them. most of them have problems. im glad you have had good luck with your truck and i hope you still do. but until i have a problem with a toyota, ill keep driving them.

btw, i know theres nothing that sounds better than a big V8 with dual exhaust (except a superbike).

GENERAL-Z

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on June 18, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
First let me state that I'm a Chevy man and always have been however I've seen PLENTY of Yotas go through muck that alot of full size Chevys and Fords could not. Now they wont out pull most Chevys but alot of them walk on top of the mud. I've also seen alot of near stock Jeeps that do the same. Still ,theres nothing like the sound of a built small block Chevy with open headers going full out through a pit. Not to mention they look better than any other truck. Fox 17,good luck with that thing. It's a nice looking truck.I like that color too.
not exactly true but it is its mainly in the driver but smaller vehicles make better offroaders
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

Hawgin4x4

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

gery350

nice looking truck. very clean. it must have took a while to hunt such a fine lookin specimen.


congrats. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: 92ChevyZ71 on June 19, 2008, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on June 18, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
First let me state that I'm a Chevy man and always have been however I've seen PLENTY of Yotas go through muck that alot of full size Chevys and Fords could not. Now they wont out pull most Chevys but alot of them walk on top of the mud. I've also seen alot of near stock Jeeps that do the same. Still ,theres nothing like the sound of a built small block Chevy with open headers going full out through a pit. Not to mention they look better than any other truck. Fox 17,good luck with that thing. It's a nice looking truck.I like that color too.
not exactly true but it is its mainly in the driver but smaller vehicles make better offroaders

well, the thing is, they fit in smaller spots, and float on top of the mud were we sink in. but when it comes down to it, they dont have the raw power. they aren't going to be the truck that can pull you out...

Cosmo

for the record. I got a buddy with a 1974 toyota hilux that has 697k on the clock, stock internals. Only did normal maintenence oil changes, clutches, timing belts etc. The body has finally fully letgo, frame rusted apart and the bed is sitting on the tires but I sh*t you not you can still walk out to it and crank it up without a issue.
89 330R

MedicMudder

Cooooll lil truck,that motor is bullet pruffff,not a lot of power but they will run 4ever,put a KN or cold air induction,open the exhaust up,you will get more power from it.Send me a pm of the hood,roof might be able to tell ya what to do for it.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

Miami450R

i like it!! its got the same tires i have on my jeep and it has the wheels i might be getting :)
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Fox17

#21
honestly, i wouldnt get the wheels. they hold water and rust. theyre not very old either. unless you can seal them somehow or figure out a way to drain them i wouldnt. they look great though. at lease until they rust. im just gonna get some other cheap black steel wheels.

backwoods boy

#22
ya i had the same ones but w/o the beadlock they where like 75 each and looked wayyyyy better than stock plus where wider i think there made by us steel wheel or something like that bg go down to big franks he'll hook ya up he got me my buckshots 31''s and the rims for under $600 and got me tires for my car for 100 less than anywhere else i could find but make sure you talk to him not the hispanic guy he tried to charge me 20 more on each tire
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Fox17

Quote from: backwoods boy on June 25, 2008, 03:02:26 PM
ya i had the same ones but w/o the beadlock they where like 75 each and looked wayyyyy better than stock plus where wider i think there made by us steel wheel or something like that bg go down to big franks he'll hook ya up he got me my buckshots 31''s and the rims for under $600 and got me tires for my car for 100 less than anywhere else i could find but make sure you talk to him not the hispanic guy he tried to charge me 20 more on each tire

ill probably wait for a buy 3 get one sale at 4 whel parts. ill see what big franks wants. if he can get me some BFG A/Ts or M/Ts for a good price with wheels i might do that. i really want to find a used set with not much use.

Shotgun


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com