Dang, two locked/moved threads right on top greeting me this AM...

Started by JackL, June 07, 2008, 09:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudneck

I forget the name od the place, its on gulf side and thay make a killer Lobster Bisque samich ;D Its a fish market/raunt
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

budman

[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Mudneck

NOpe its way further down . I deliverd a bunch Palms to a hotel down there a few years back & it was a local place.Past Big Pine.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

JackL

Quote from: budman on June 10, 2008, 08:10:22 AM
I ate there many times....Remember when Whale Harbor used to have good food? My family stopped there last year and the place was CRAP!!! The stir fry station just didn't have a lot of items like before, and the belgian waffle desserts were awful. NEVER AGAIN!!


Absolutely!! Why I remember when you could bring some schoolies still wiggling into Whale Harbor and they would do em up with all the fixins for $6.00.


Quote from: bushwacker on June 10, 2008, 08:15:17 AM
I forget the name od the place, its on gulf side and thay make a killer Lobster Bisque samich ;D Its a fish market/raunt

I know exactly where you are talking about. Name is on the tip of my tongue. On Stock Island the Hogfish Bar and Grill can't be beat.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Anoriginal

Yeah, Whale Harbor has realy gone in the toilet over the years. I remember stopping there way way back as a kid when it was just a hole in the wall bar and grill. You used to be able to buy dry ice there too.

These days, it's terrible. Even the Paela sucks.  :(

The Keys.....no place like it on earth.

DRWalum

Man ............... You guys got me jealous talking about the Keys  :'(  :'( The wife & I were supposede to be camping in Bahai Honda from 6/1 - 6/7,but had to cancel to to lack of work/$$  >:D

Speaking of res. , anybody ever hit the No Name Pub on Big Pine Key ??

GREAT PIZZA  ;)  ;)
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

Anoriginal

Love the No Name Pub...even though I've been bit by a dog two times inside the place on two separate occasions. True story.

Anyone remember Moutain Mike's Pizza on Big Pine? They used to have a breakfast pizza with bacon, eggs and hashbrowns on it. Friggin excellent!

rdm225

I  remember 25 years ago Coral Grille was 8 dollars all you can eat ,with a 1 hour wait. they sure destroyed
islamorada with all the building going on down there. I bet with the slow economy property is cheep down there now. Friends told me people are moving out of there in droves ,cant sustain living there

Peeper

Damn I miss the Keys.
Eloped to Plantation Key.
Haven't been down there since 2003.

digginfool

Quote from: rdm225 on June 10, 2008, 11:22:13 AM
I  remember 25 years ago Coral Grille was 8 dollars all you can eat ,with a 1 hour wait. they sure destroyed
islamorada with all the building going on down there. I bet with the slow economy property is cheep down there now. Friends told me people are moving out of there in droves ,cant sustain living there

Yeah, land's getting real cheap down there; only $325.000.00 for .17 acres instead of $500,000.00.   :o
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Anoriginal

Hey, I've got a couple of 1/4 acre lots on a deep canal on Little Torch I'll sell for $400k each.   ;)

rdm225

next year it will be worth half that   what are the taxes?

Anoriginal

Quote from: rdm225 on June 10, 2008, 04:24:06 PM
next year it will be worth half that   what are the taxes?

Nah, it's the Keys man! Property values are not that bad off down there like you'd think. Granted, things are not moving like they used to. And the taxes? Whew, you don't even want to know.  ;) It's crazy!

JackL

Quote from: DRWalum on June 10, 2008, 10:35:45 AM
Man ............... You guys got me jealous talking about the Keys  :'(  :'( The wife & I were supposede to be camping in Bahai Honda from 6/1 - 6/7,but had to cancel to to lack of work/$$  >:D

Speaking of res. , anybody ever hit the No Name Pub on Big Pine Key ??

GREAT PIZZA  ;)  ;)

As much as I like the place, all that nasty money hanging all over the walls and roof bothers me....not enough to skip get plastered at the bar though. ;)

Quote from: Anoriginal on June 10, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
Hey, I've got a couple of 1/4 acre lots on a deep canal on Little Torch I'll sell for $400k each.   ;)


Couple of friends of mine just bought a 1/2 acre commercial lot in Big Pine for $160,000.

Quote from: Anoriginal on June 10, 2008, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: rdm225 on June 10, 2008, 04:24:06 PM
next year it will be worth half that   what are the taxes?

Nah, it's the Keys man! Property values are not that bad off down there like you'd think. Granted, things are not moving like they used to. And the taxes? Whew, you don't even want to know.  ;) It's crazy!

Hell, they went down this year!!! Sucks not having a homestead though...
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Lets not forget a few pics.

Bring your own!



The bridge is open now, and gay as can be. I would like to punch the guy who picked this aqua abomination.



From up top.



Again from up top, never saw this before...



Didn't they promise four lanes?



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Quote from: bushwacker on June 10, 2008, 08:15:17 AM
I forget the name od the place, its on gulf side and thay make a killer Lobster Bisque samich ;D Its a fish market/raunt

http://www.summerlandseafood.com/ ?

I got some crap food there at FishCutters last season and ain't been back. Boondocks and Parrotdice do just fine. ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

m0n0x1d3

Hungry Tarpon? That place  had decent food.also the place near Plantation Key colony had an awsome rueben samich >:D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com