Anyone watch the Rigged Kimbo fight?

Started by Anoriginal, June 02, 2008, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

What a joke. Kimbo completely loses the first two rounds 10-8 and then they stop the fight because JT's ear bleeds? Give me a break. Kimbo didn't respond to more than 20 of JT's blows in the 2nd round and they let the fight continue. JT gets hit with 8 in the 3rd round and they stop the fight. What a crock.

Kimbo sucks.

Quad32x

Yea I saw that. Your right. It was BS.   :ThumbsDown.gif
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

561rincon

it was b.s but kimbo woulda finished him but since its not payperview they wont allow to show a guy be beatin on regular t.v.. the first fight i beleive it was was called pre-mature. but for a guy who started in backyard fights has learned alot from where he was. so its not against him or the guy with only one huge cauliflower ear(how does that happen only 1??) its just not a sport for regular t.v.
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

Anoriginal

Honestly, I do not think he would have finished him. JT wasn't hurt. In fact, Kimbo hurt him worse in the 1st round.

Bottom line, Kimbo is their cash cow and they are not going to let him lose. They will not have to worry about me watching it ever again.

greenmachine

Quote from: Anoriginal on June 02, 2008, 01:26:32 PM
What a joke. Kimbo completely loses the first two rounds 10-8 and then they stop the fight because JT's ear bleeds? Give me a break. Kimbo didn't respond to more than 20 of JT's blows in the 2nd round and they let the fight continue. JT gets hit with 8 in the 3rd round and they stop the fight. What a crock.

Kimbo sucks.
AGREED
On a side not did you guys watch the battle between Jens Pulver & Urijah Faber last night. That card had some great battles on it.
Pulver must have a steel chin implant.

MudMan

Quote from: Anoriginal on June 02, 2008, 01:26:32 PM
What a joke. Kimbo completely loses the first two rounds 10-8 and then they stop the fight because JT's ear bleeds? Give me a break. Kimbo didn't respond to more than 20 of JT's blows in the 2nd round and they let the fight continue. JT gets hit with 8 in the 3rd round and they stop the fight. What a crock.

Kimbo sucks.

I agree with you that Kimbo isn't that good and if he fought in the UFC he would get picked apart.  BUT.....JT was hurt in the 3rd round.  If you watch closely he got hit with some big clean shots and he was very wobbly at one point.  Should they have stopped it at that exact moment.....probably not.  But he definitely got rocked a little bit.  And I agree with you that he landed a bunch of shots on Kimbo while they were on the ground but they were mostly short elbows and didnt' really seem to hurt Kimbo very much. That guy's head is like a steel pot. 

He is their cash cow though so it always makes you wonder LOL
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

CABLEGUY1

There has been talk about Kimbo fighting Mike Tyson. Talk about a freek show. Of course I would pay to watch it.lol. Kimbo is no joke. He is definately not up to speed with a true MMA fighter but talk about having a clean slate to work with.His size and strength alone make him worthy of investing some time and training into. I think this fight was an eye opener for him. He now sees that sheer brute alone is not enough in the world of MMA. He was gassed so bad he could barely complete a full sentence afterwards.I think if it went to the ground one more time he would have been done. Unfortunately national television won that fight for him and for a couple of others that night. They dont dare show the entire effect of a fight till the finish on regular tv. If you remember that's why they banned showing UFC fights for awhile. The ear popping stoppage won the fight but had it been a UFC fight the results may have been different. The womans fight would have continued on the UFC as well. These fights were pretty G rated. There are alot of copycats but there's nothing like the UFC in my opinion.

Anoriginal

Kimbo isn't even remotely close to being a MMA fighter. JT was going to beat him. everyone knows it. And JT is a very very marginal fighter at best. Kimbo needs to stick to the internet. Pitiful to put him in MMA. It's an insult to MMA.

Ride1Rob

I also watched that fight and felt the fight was stopped to soon. But then again, I knew that once the blood begin to flow from JT's ear that it would soon be stopped. It's not Kimbo's fault that it happened that way. Also, JT only had one moment in the fight and that was when he had Kimbo on the ground giving him those head strikes. Other than that he was getting pushed around like a rag doll. For Kimbo to have minimal skill other than being a backyard streetfighter he has alot of promise. If he continues to learn to be a "COMPLETE FIGHTER" he's going to be tough to deal with. This fight made Kimbo a bit more human, but I think it'll make him work on his overall skills even more.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Anoriginal


You're kidding me right? Thompson was ahead on the score cards 10-8 in both rounds. Everyone, (even those scoring elsewhere) had Thompson by a landslide. Kimbo never hurt Thompson. That was an absolute joke.

Kimbo is not an MMA fighter and nowhere near a UFC class guy. Thompson had him beat and Thompson is a tomato can at best. Hell, I bet Jens Pulver could dominate Kimbo.

I know it's not Kimbo's fault. It's the promoters rigging things. But, I'm tired of all the hype with this guy and would love to see him get his butt kicked. Put him in the ring with Liddell, Silva, Griffin, Rampage or even Tito and see how fast he'd drop or tap.

MudMan

No one is arguing that he would get his @$$ whipped in the UFC.  We all know he is a street fighter.  And although he has improved some he's not anywhere near a top-notch MMA fighter.  Whether Thompson was ahead or not points-wise, he did nothing to hurt Kimbo in that fight.  He may have one based off points and Kimbo getting tired.

But Kimbo did rock him with those shots he landed in the third round.  The guy was wobbly and wide-eyed.   That was undeniable.   That doesn't mean I'm saying Kimbo is the man LOL...and that doesn't mean I'm saying it should have been stopped.  I wanted to see a  real ending but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

Either way both of them suck....atleast right now. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

MudMan

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Anoriginal

Exactly......but I'm confident he'd beat Kimbo.  ;)

dj_pizzim

Quote from: MudMan on June 02, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
No one is arguing that he would get his @$$ whipped in the UFC.  We all know he is a street fighter.  And although he has improved some he's not anywhere near a top-notch MMA fighter.  Whether Thompson was ahead or not points-wise, he did nothing to hurt Kimbo in that fight.  He may have one based off points and Kimbo getting tired.

But Kimbo did rock him with those shots he landed in the third round.  The guy was wobbly and wide-eyed.   That was undeniable.   That doesn't mean I'm saying Kimbo is the man LOL...and that doesn't mean I'm saying it should have been stopped.  I wanted to see a  real ending but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

Either way both of them suck....atleast right now. 

Did you watch the fight What about in round 2 when Thompson had his arms pinned and he was droping elbows and punches straight to his face? or what about when he fell to the ground after the fight .... or was that because of joy. It has been said Kimbo will lose quickly and without a doubt aganist any well ranking MMA fighter He has knock out power he should have gotten into boxing it would have served him better. Bottom line Kimbo isnt a threat in any MMA format for at least a few years
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

MudMan

Quote from: dj_pizzim on June 02, 2008, 06:52:37 PM
Quote from: MudMan on June 02, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
No one is arguing that he would get his @$$ whipped in the UFC.  We all know he is a street fighter.  And although he has improved some he's not anywhere near a top-notch MMA fighter.  Whether Thompson was ahead or not points-wise, he did nothing to hurt Kimbo in that fight.  He may have one based off points and Kimbo getting tired.

But Kimbo did rock him with those shots he landed in the third round.  The guy was wobbly and wide-eyed.   That was undeniable.   That doesn't mean I'm saying Kimbo is the man LOL...and that doesn't mean I'm saying it should have been stopped.  I wanted to see a  real ending but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

Either way both of them suck....atleast right now. 

Did you watch the fight What about in round 2 when Thompson had his arms pinned and he was droping elbows and punches straight to his face? or what about when he fell to the ground after the fight .... or was that because of joy. It has been said Kimbo will lose quickly and without a doubt aganist any well ranking MMA fighter He has knock out power he should have gotten into boxing it would have served him better. Bottom line Kimbo isnt a threat in any MMA format for at least a few years

I never said Kimbo wasn't tired as all hell.  He fell to the floor because he was thinking "thank god this chit is over, I need to go back to the streets"

And yes I did watch the fight and I remember Thompson had him pinned for a BRIEF period and rained down some elbows.  But how much did they hurt Kimbo....the answer is not that much.  Now if those were Tito's elbows maybe it would have been a different story.  Thompson never HURT Kimbo.....unless you count making him tired LOL. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

CABLEGUY1

Kimbo saw the light. It will be a long long time before you see him matched up with "any" reputable MMA fighter. That would be a certain loss and would leave him less marketable. You will however see him fight a few more slugs just to fill some pockets "his included". You have to admit he is entertaining. Dana White has publicly criticized the promoting of Kimbo and has equated it to a side show that underminds the legitamacy of the UFC and he is dead on but I bet he would jump at the chance to air him against a real MMA fighter just to prove that the sport is legit and to show that the recent fight was nothing more than an attempt to raise television ratings and that it discredited the sport. It's a shame that it took so long to gain respect for the sport and so little time to lose it.

trx#9

Quote from: dj_pizzim on June 02, 2008, 06:52:37 PM
Quote from: MudMan on June 02, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
No one is arguing that he would get his @$$ whipped in the UFC.  We all know he is a street fighter.  And although he has improved some he's not anywhere near a top-notch MMA fighter.  Whether Thompson was ahead or not points-wise, he did nothing to hurt Kimbo in that fight.  He may have one based off points and Kimbo getting tired.

But Kimbo did rock him with those shots he landed in the third round.  The guy was wobbly and wide-eyed.   That was undeniable.   That doesn't mean I'm saying Kimbo is the man LOL...and that doesn't mean I'm saying it should have been stopped.  I wanted to see a  real ending but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

Either way both of them suck....atleast right now. 

Did you watch the fight What about in round 2 when Thompson had his arms pinned and he was droping elbows and punches straight to his face? or what about when he fell to the ground after the fight .... or was that because of joy. It has been said Kimbo will lose quickly and without a doubt aganist any well ranking MMA fighter He has knock out power he should have gotten into boxing it would have served him better. Bottom line Kimbo isnt a threat in any MMA format for at least a few years
He has about 15 to 20 pro boxing matches already.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

miami_rider#13

jt wasnt even trying. he woulda whopped kimbo easy if the media didnt have kimbos back.
04 banshee on elkas
05 crf 50 big bored to an 88 
04 kfx 700
96 chevy 1500

svtbolt04

Everyone here saying Kimbo sucks would be willing to go toe to toe with him? Thats right.. Didn't think so.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

CABLEGUY1

#20
Quote from: svtbolt04 on June 03, 2008, 12:06:56 AM
Everyone here saying Kimbo sucks would be willing to go toe to toe with him? Thats right.. Didn't think so.


I would if the money was right. I'm not saying I would win I'm just saying that I would be dumb enough to try it. I dont think anyone said he sucks I think it's clear that he is not a match for a true contending MMA fighter.

FishaHallic

I agree they called that fight just because the guys ear was bleeding.  I thought the woman's fight was stopped early also, just because the girl had some swelling under her eye.......please.  

If you notice Kimbo was fighting in the main event, come on, he is not good enough even for the undercard.  I believe like someone else said that it is all about the money.  People want to see Kimbo fight (myself included) but he is not even close to being a good MMA fighter but I will give him credit he looked like he has been training some because he did not look totally out of place on the ground.   His last fight Kimbo fought Tank Abbott  :pig.gif,  I mean Abbott was fighting when UFC was just a over hyped tough man contest, Tank was so fat and out of shape I doubt anyone would pay him to ever fight again.

We have to remember we are talking about Elite XC, not UFC.  Some of the top guys in Elite XC are good enough for UFC but I am not sure they could be dominating in UFC like they might in Elite XC.  On the other hand on Sunday night they had WEC fight with Uriah Faber against Jens Pulver and what a fight it was.  Uriah Faber is the real deal and even though he won every round against Pulver, Pulver is an awesome fighter also.  I really think WEC has better fighters than Elite XC but then again Elite XC has not been around very long.

Even though I think at least 2 fights if not 3 were stopped way, way too early on Saturday night,  I will continue to watch MMA fighting on HD NET, Versus, Showtime and ABC because they are some tough guys and I look forward to each and every one of the fights.

miami_rider#13

bro idk what your talking about but i'd definatly kill kimbo in a fight.
THAT NIGGAS SOFTT!
lmfaooo jp
04 banshee on elkas
05 crf 50 big bored to an 88 
04 kfx 700
96 chevy 1500

FastestCub305

Give Kimbo some time and youll see.I bet that lil looser trainer of his knows a thing or two ;).You guys really think that was a rigged fight?Lol.That was kimbos FIRST time on the ground in a fight so he still has alot to learn there.But standing up I really dont think anyone can beat kimbo.

FishaHallic

Quote from: FastestCub305 on June 03, 2008, 12:27:16 AM
Give Kimbo some time and youll see.I bet that lil looser trainer of his knows a thing or two ;).

Bas Rutten?