Thunderbowl Speedway Re-opening Soon.

Started by fastrnrik, May 25, 2008, 12:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450r91

If this is the case I might blow the dust off the ole girl and ride her.

koh0001

If somebody...humhum... would get my motor back to me, I'm going to try the ol'R out on you girls this year!! 8) So  I'm ready for some pratice!!
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

JIMDAWG38

It's about time you blow the dust off that HONDER and ride agian.
2006 LTR 450
Steel Mx Goggles
Amsoil
ODI Grips
Yoshimura

WJDTRI

Good Day to you Brady
     Any update on the progress of the new track.

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Honda85

Hey,
  Anybody out there know about racing at thunderbowl yet ?????????
Or a race any where?

supervcycle

still waiting on a date i guess.might be going to auburndale next week on thursday night to practice,anybody wanna go?
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

HillKiller

   TB will not be ready by June 14. Brady may post details later. Next race is June 21 at Jasper. Racing at 7pm.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Fast66071

Hello. We have been working on Thunderbowl, but unfortunately due to the condition of the track and facility it will not be ready for the 14th. It shouldn't be too much longer. I would guess a couple of more weeks.

Brady's situation with his wife has taken up most of his time lately, so he has not been able to work on the track with us.

Thanks for being patient

If anyone has any questions, ask me. 
Rick Dugan








fastrnrik

A few things....

The track website is back up and running. Here's a link:
http://thunderbowlspeedwayocala.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=29
It's not been updated, but will be soon. Also, there is a forum on the site where I will post the same information that I post in here.

Some equipment is being delivered today and we will be grading and re-building the oval track this weekend, and will start on a new TT as soon as I can free up some other equipment. I would guess sometime in the next month or so. There is still a TON of stuff to do out there. It's amazing how fast a place deteriorates when left to sit.

Special thanks to Quad32 for going out there and getting the grass mowed. It's been six months since it was mowed, so it was pretty gnarly.

Thanks
Brady



Quad32x

No prob sir. Just make sure they park the equ. where Ive all ready mowed. I got to go out and finish up this afternoon.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 10:27:04 AM
No prob sir. Just make sure they park the equ. where Ive all ready mowed. I got to go out and finish up this afternoon.  ;)

Didn't finish? What, did you run out of "beverages"?

Quad32x

Didnt have any. You would of thunk that the bossman would supply some.  :dunno.gif :Approve.gif
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Yeah, you'd have thunk that. I'll have to let Mr. Dugan know to tighten up, we're thirsty.

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

dhyde45

IF you guys need any help just let us know what and when i,m sure there are plenty that would help all we can.

Quad32x

Where taking applications for experienced weedeater operators for this afternoon if you know any.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Experience is not required. We will happily train operators ;D

Quad32x

Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now !  ???
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Sandbagger11

Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 05:48:11 PM
Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now !  ???
Rain = more time to drink ;)
07 Maxium TT Vet champ

Quad32x

Quote from: Sandbagger11 on June 14, 2008, 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 05:48:11 PM
Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now !  ???
Rain = more time to drink ;)
Yea it does.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

WJDTRI

How does the new layout compare to the old one?

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

The oval track will be similar..... for now. When we start re-doing the TT, the oval will be changed/updated as well.

The new TT design is not set in stone, but the layout I'm leaning towards will be fast, and technical as well. Another goal I have is to make the TT accomodating to both quads and motorcycles.

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Yes, of course there will be several jumps. Also, I think a gnarly off camber section will fit in nicely. ;) 

Sandbagger11

07 Maxium TT Vet champ

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com