Race #4 Sat May 24 Sumter County Fairgrounds-Points Updated 5/26

Started by HillKiller, May 08, 2008, 03:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

May 24, 2008   Saturday 
Sumter County Fairgrounds
7620 SR 471   
Webster, Fl. 33597
1/4 mile south of Bevilles Corner
*track is behind the large Ag building on West side of 471

$500 Quad and $500 Motorcycle Class in addition to all regular classes! More details asap!

     I realize that this race goes back to back with the Ocala May 17th race but this Sumter race is a huge event!
Check out the flyer link below.

www.sumterracing.com  for more info

Practice starts at noon
Racing at 2pm
Free concert at 7:30pm

            Dave
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

2 wheeled flat tracker

GOOD JOB DAVE, This is awesome we are going to part of a real show and race for $$$$, there will be racers coming from allover once this gets out. Are they going to modify/lengthen the track before this race? Did you get a chance to ride on it with the Banshee?

S.M.

supervcycle

dave
two things, the website said that the track is a 1/5 mile not a 1/4. are they making it bigger?
the flyer said that the flat track races were harley flat track racing. is that accurate or are we allowed to run the imports too?

super nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

fastrnrik

Regardless of what other activities are advertised for the facility, the SDTA is going as a group to have a race there. That means the same classes and rules we run at every race.

HillKiller

#4
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 08, 2008, 10:20:11 PM
Regardless of what other activities are advertised for the facility, the SDTA is going as a group to have a race there. That means the same classes and rules we run at every race.
What Brady said is right on. I called the promoter and asked why is says Harleys. He replied that he would fix that to read "motorcycle flat track racing" and delete Harley so it doesn't appear selective.
  Nate and Shawn, good question! Yes the track is being lengthened from it's current 1/5 mile length to a 1/4 mile. I was told they are hauling in brand new clay because the current surface there is too sandy. I haven't riden on the track but I did drive on it with my truck which wasn't as fun. :D
Brady and I are going to visit the track and meet with the promoter next week just to make certain everything is as promised!!
 
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

WJDTRI

They can still bring on the Harleys. In 74, my bike ate their lunch.  Just have to find the balls to wak the throttle   8)

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Hey Guys, Here is the latest, greatest flyer. If anyone thinks it needs improvement or info. added to it, by all means let me know. If I left out anything tell me. If you want more info. on it I will have to go to 11x14 which would allow me to possibly get a google or yahoo map on it for the location. Anyway, here it is for your enjoyment or to pick it apart!  :)
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

yfz122

You two wheel guys are really bothering me!!!  I am so ready to get back on a motorcycle. When I was growing up in Michigan I had a pro racer for a nieghbor that got me started on ice. I had a honda elsinore bored to a 202, and an Italian made 100cc 1973 Harley. I really miss them.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

stgsali

Well, quads are for people who can't ride motorcycles!  ;D Tell me if I'm wrong as I ridden all of them (quads, trikes and two wheelers), and I believe it takes a little more to ride a bike quick. Just my opinion and they can be like armpits, everybody has 'em and some of them stink! lol
Richard  rolback1
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

yfz122

You're probably right. I'll never know untill I get my hands on another bike.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

derek330

Quote from: stgsali on May 11, 2008, 09:40:53 AM
Well, quads are for people who can't ride motorcycles!  ;D Tell me if I'm wrong as I ridden all of them (quads, trikes and two wheelers), and I believe it takes a little more to ride a bike quick. Just my opinion and they can be like armpits, everybody has 'em and some of them stink! lol
Richard  rolback1

i wouldnt say we cant ride bikes its just that we dont want to have any broken bones. i have been racing atv's for 12 years and NEVER broke a bone! VS. if i were on a bike i would break a bone everytime i rode!LOL 8)
thast why i cant bring myself to buy one.
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

stgsali

#11
Quote from: derek330 on May 12, 2008, 09:33:25 AM
Quote from: stgsali on May 11, 2008, 09:40:53 AM
Well, quads are for people who can't ride motorcycles!  ;D Tell me if I'm wrong as I ridden all of them (quads, trikes and two wheelers), and I believe it takes a little more to ride a bike quick. Just my opinion and they can be like armpits, everybody has 'em and some of them stink! lol
Richard  rolback1

i wouldnt say we cant ride bikes its just that we dont want to have any broken bones. i have been racing atv's for 12 years and NEVER broke a bone! VS. if i were on a bike i would break a bone everytime i rode!LOL 8)
thast why i cant bring myself to buy one.


Wow,that says a lot about your riding ability! ;D Yes, bones do break now and then but when you mess up on a quad if you're lucky it is only a spin. If it catches a rut and throws you it is usually quite a ride through the air with a sudden stop with the ground!! Or a tangle with another quad which means one of you is going to be launched into the air. Hey, they all have their good points and bad. I don't know about you but I don't like hitting the dirt anymore than the next guy!
Cheers, Richard :T
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Tecatematt

I second that one, but hey I drive a trike so I'm the best of both worlds  ;D
[url="http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/"]http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/[/url]

85 Tecate (working on it!)
86 350x (restoring)
86 Tri-z rolling chassis

derek330

Quote from: Tecatematt on May 13, 2008, 10:15:18 AM
I second that one, but hey I drive a trike so I'm the best of both worlds  ;D

or you are the craziest of both worlds.LOL :o ;D  yall trike guys are too wild for me. i think i would have a less chance of dieing on a bike.  i have done some tuning on trikes and i dont mind riding in a straight line.
but no turns please!LOL :P  like i said i havent broke anything yet and i dont want to start now.
yall got props from me. ;)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

   Here's the latest on Sumter....A couple guys stopped by today at the track on they're way home from Ocala. The track owners were there working the track. I was told they have rolled and pressed the clay for the last several days. Our guys unloaded and ran hot laps. The report I got from those on quads is that the track is awesome! A couple bikes ran laps too but I didn't get their feedback. Hope everyone can make it, should be a great race.

                   Dave
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

bmd11

Sounds great! Can we expect the same kind of turn out as what was at Ocala this past Saturday?
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

Honda85

  The bikes that ran the track was myself and KTM 54. The track is real tight corners and will be good when rubber gets down. Track owner was real nice--we just wanted to stop and look and he said unload and take some laps. He even watered and rolled the track for us. In December they are going to put a roof over the whole thing----track and grandstands. You guys will have fun cause I'll be out of town---dam it.

GeckerMotorsports

Hi everyone, my name is Sheldon Gecker. Bill Cleary and I are the owners of the track and the promoters for the facility. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! We are trying to put together the best possible race track we can. The race track is going to be very good and fast. The clay has been tested rigoursly since May of last year. It is hard and take rubber without dusting.
We appreciate you guys coming out on Sunday and giving us your feed back. We are really looking forward to the event. We should have a ton of spectators watching the races. This may present you guys with a great opportunity to get some new blood into the sport.

Here is some hotel information:
1.Rodeway Inn-2224 W HIGHWAY 48 BUSHNELL, FL
2. Microtel Bushnell-2612 WEST COUNTY ROAD 48 BUSHNELL FL
3. Sleep Inn & Suites-1224 S Main St
Wildwood, FL 34785 800-804-6835 13.5 miles
4. Brooksville Days Inn-6320 Windmere Rd
Brooksville, FL 34602 800-804-6835

Thanks and tell everyone you can about the event!

yfz122

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

jayman

Quote from: GeckerMotorsports on May 20, 2008, 10:48:53 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Sheldon Gecker. Bill Cleary and I are the owners of the track and the promoters for the facility. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! We are trying to put together the best possible race track we can. The race track is going to be very good and fast. The clay has been tested rigoursly since May of last year. It is hard and take rubber without dusting.
We appreciate you guys coming out on Sunday and giving us your feed back. We are really looking forward to the event. We should have a ton of spectators watching the races. This may present you guys with a great opportunity to get some new blood into the sport.

Here is some hotel information:
1.Rodeway Inn-2224 W HIGHWAY 48 BUSHNELL, FL
2. Microtel Bushnell-2612 WEST COUNTY ROAD 48 BUSHNELL FL
3. Sleep Inn & Suites-1224 S Main St
Wildwood, FL 34785 800-804-6835 13.5 miles
4. Brooksville Days Inn-6320 Windmere Rd
Brooksville, FL 34602 800-804-6835

Thanks and tell everyone you can about the event!




Thank you for supporting our sport!  Hats off to you!!!!!!!!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

ltr450qr

Today was our first Flattrack race and Hunter (Holliday) wanted me to let everyone know how much fun he had today. That was the first race where he just had fun since his bad MX crash back in Jan. at the SSQSA Live Oak race. Hunter gained some confidence back today and we had a great time. We wanted to thank everyone for putting on a great event; Brady, Dave, Brett, Sheldon, Bill and all of the staff that we ran into today. Overall, it's one of the most impressive events we've ever been to, from the games and bounce houses for the kids, all the way to how friendly all of the staff was and the best trackside concession stand ever! Thanks guys, we can't wait to come back.

John Holliday #68

1fastltr450

Lets see some results.  I guess I will be back out there one day, when some of the fires slow down. But for now I gots to work and get the gravy while its there. lol
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

LostCause

#23
Dave and Brady.  I hope you don't get mad at me posting this. :)
These are not the OFFICIAL Results.  Just what I helped with using the Trackside Program.

Race Results    Race: 1    
FT/TT OPEN PRO QUAD         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 6 YAM  Travis Edwards   
2 132 YAM  Dare Rambo   
3 5x HON  Derek Browning   
4 24 YAM  Patrick Gammage   
5 99 YAM  Scott Curry 

Race Results    Race: 2   
FT/TT INTERMEDIATE "B" QUAD         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 14 OT  James Skelley 
2 27 YAM 10605 Paige Cowell  
3 92 YAM  Jon Cabana   
4 42c HON  Benny Uhl   
5 69 SUZ  John Colavito 

Race Results    Race: 3   
FT/TT PEEWEE QUAD         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 6 APX  Merritt Webb   
2 41 DRR  Bobby Doughman   
3 1 DRR 10646 Hunter Holliday   
DNS 65 DRR 10773 Kacy Creek Jones 

Race Results    Race: 4    
FT/TT AMATEUR MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 94 HON  Dan Tovey 
2 15 HON  Ray Delacqueseaux   
3 31 HON  Brian Anderson 
4 5 HON  Andy Tovey 

Race Results    Race: 5   
FT/TT VET QUAD 30+         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 122 YAM  Dale Wright   
2 413 SUZ  Shawn Toney   

FT/TT VET QUAD 40+         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 5 YAM  Tim Sisson   
2 3 YAM  Len Rambo 
3 21 OT  Patrick Spahn   
4 27 YAM  Jeffery Cowell   
5 69 SUZ  John Colavito   

Race Results    Race: 6   
FT/TT VINTAGE MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 59 HON  Rick Bigalow   
2 66q YAM  Ward Jones   
3 77 HON  Charles Podany   
4 43e OT  Peter Borg   
5 18 OT  Joe Colavito   
6 38 HON  Nathan Thompson 

Race Results    Race: 7   
FT/TT PEEWEE MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 88 KAW  Jordan Reed 
2 6 APX  Merritt Webb   

Race Results    Race: 8    
FT/TT EXPERT MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 72 YAM  Shawn Mcnary   
2 27c OT  Greg Boyle   
3 54 KTM  Kurt Brady   
4 88 HON  Bruce Brantley 
5 69 HON  Troy Otto 

Race Results    Race: 9    
FT/TT LADIES QUAD         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 92 YAM  Lisa Cabana   
2 413 SUZ  Shannon Toney   
3 76 YAM  Shelia Mcnary   
4 1 OT  Jessica Holliday   

Race Results    Race: 10    
FT/TT SUPER SENIOR MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 50 OT  John Ayscue 
2 9r YAM  John Rourke   
3 85 YAM  Gary Mcnary   

Race Results    Race: 11    
FT/TT OPEN MONEU QUAD         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 6 YAM  Travis Edwards     
2 27 YAM 10605 Paige Cowell    
3 42c HON  Benny Uhl     
4 5 YAM  Tim Sisson     
5 76 YAM  Shawn Mcnary     
DNS 21 OT  Patrick Spahn     
DNS 99 YAM  Scott Curry     
DNS 5x HON  Derek Browning   
DNS 132 YAM  Dare Rambo     

Race Results    Race: 12    
FT/TT OPEN MONEY MC         
Finish Number Brand License # Name  
1 72 YAM  Shawn Mcnary     
2 27c OT  Greg Boyle     
3 54 KTM  Kurt Brady     
4 69 HON  Troy Otto     
5 88 HON  Bruce Brantley     
DNS 85 YAM  Gary Mcnary   
 
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

yfz122

#24
This is my new favorite track. A couple of changes to my quad and I will run with the money class anytime.  ;D
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com