welding a broken frame on a rancher

Started by budman, December 06, 2004, 11:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budman

What a bad ending to a bad luck weekend. :'(  
the middle front frame rail that supports the upper A frame has broken about 2/3 of the way around the bracket that is welded to it. I know it can be welded, but I am concerned about caster/camber that could be affected. I need to find someone or somewhere this can be fixed and keep the front wheel from being out of alignment.    HELP!!!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

big-daddy

budman, take a picture so we can see the problem. I work on sport quad. I dont know how the frame looks like.  maybe I can help ?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

budman

I will post pics tomorrow...I didn't have my camera here.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

budman

#3
Crap...pics didn't turn out...I will borrow a digital camera so I don't have to develop more crappy shots >:(
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Redgrizzly660

So Budman does she know you broke the bike. HA  ;D

Grizz

budman

Actually....she took it better than I expected. my nuts hurt and only one black eye...but I live.... I blamed it on you for ditching us in ONF, and having to make our own trails... ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

450R_Matt

Did it just crack or did the salt get to it?     ???

I drilled some larger holes in the undercarage of mine and rinse it and spray it after every ride out @ B.L.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

budman

Definatly a crack....I wash this thing REAL good, and it is solid with no appearance of salt or rust. as soon as I get a good photo, I'll post
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Da_Mtg_Man

Not stepping on Bid Dad's toes but if you don't get it fixed before Rodman then bring it and I'll have Mike or Scooter fix it up for you before the ride. See if Big D can take care of it first but you have a back up plan if that doesn't work out.Just a thought.

Mike
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

U guy's carry an arc welder too?  LOL  ;D

The funny Grizz

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteU guy's carry an arc welder too?  LOL  ;D

The funny Grizz

Yeah, The only difference between us and you is we keep ours in the trailer and not on the quad. :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

budman

QuoteNot stepping on Bid Dad's toes but if you don't get it fixed before Rodman then bring it and I'll have Mike or Scooter fix it up for you before the ride. See if Big D can take care of it first but you have a back up plan if that doesn't work out.Just a thought.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I hope to have it fixed WAY before Rodman, but until I get a replacement truck, (see photo gallery Re bad luck 12/04), Rodman looks iffy at best. I hope I don't have to sell my cabin, but priorities!!! Dang!   >:(
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteThanks Mike, I hope to have it fixed WAY before Rodman, but until I get a replacement truck, (see photo gallery Re bad luck 12/04), Rodman looks iffy at best. I hope I don't have to sell my cabin, but priorities!!! Dang!   >:(

No prob. If you don't have anyone that welds then get with Big Daddy and let him take a look at it. He's in your neck of the woods.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER