I'm seeking a new cell phone provider

Started by AmericanRobster, May 03, 2008, 03:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I am looking for a new cell phone provider  and I want to know what is the best bang for the buck for air time and text messages these days.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

dj_pizzim

alltel cant beat the circle on top of good plans
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

AmericanRobster

I had alltell before and I couldn't get service here at my house at all. I had to walk 2 blocks down the road to get service. Alltell = :gh
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

dj_pizzim

 :o i get service all over st pete Tampa bradenton, clearwater, How log ago was it?
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Slick89

Verizon has the best service of all in my opinion. they prob a lil pricey but for the coverage i think its worth it. 900 min for a single plan is 59.99 a month 450 mins is i believe 39.99 a month. its different for family plans just not sure what they are. and it depends on where you work but u might be able to get a discount. but i would do research first
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

big-daddy

Verizon and Sprint uses CDMA.... ATT and T-moble are GSM    Nextel is Iden system

Sprint Simple everything Plan for $99.99 is the best plan if you are a heavy user.

The plan includes:
Unlimited domestic voice
Unlimited messaging (text,picture and video)
Unlimited direct connect and group connect
Unlimited mobile internet (sprint tv,Gps navigation,e=mail,web surfing and sprint exclusive NASCAR and NFL mobile

Verizon unlimited plan for $99.99 is all Talk
T-moblie unlimited plan for $99.99 includes text


The best advise in looking for a wireless carrier is coverage, so ask around.

Good Luck
                         
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

AmericanRobster

I have nextel right now and really don't need the direct connect part.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Da_Mtg_Man

Get the sprint plan Rob. I've been with then for about 10 yrs now and I love them. I get service EVERYWHERE. The only place I drop a call is westbound on the Howard Franklin about 200yds east of the hump.Other than that I love their customer service and their coverage.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Turboderf

I have some soup cans and string you can have for free

Slick89

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

logandzwon

Probly the wrong forum for this;
Only AT&T has the iPhone.

Slick89

Verizon has an unlimited plan for 99.99. but like i said before i would do research first and also use google to see which in the best out there.
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

Ida_Mann

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm looking to do the same thing, I have two nextel phones right now, one with 200 minutes and the other with 300, I like the radio but only have a couple of people that use it anymore and I RARELY go outside of the metro Orlando area,,,,,

so I'm thinking of MetroPCS,,,,for about 70% the cost of my nextel plan, I can get two phones with unlimited talk, text and internet on the phone,,,,so I can say I'm definitely looking into them.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Young Gun

Chirp Chirp, Where You At?

Boost Mobile FTMFTW
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Ida_Mann

Quote from: REBEL on May 04, 2008, 07:06:05 PM
Chirp Chirp, Where You At?

Boost Mobile FTMFTW

I got a boost phone with my nextel sim,,,,all the same guts as a nice nextel phone but about half the price,,,,just get it unlocked and there ya go.

just don't care for the "thug nasty" characters I gotta look at each time I turn on the phone.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Slick89

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

sflarider

My advice would be to stay away from Boost or MetroPCS. Neither work very well in Okeechobee.
Halfway to Lcross or Underhills and my service is done. My buddy uses Alltell and has service
everywhere in the state that we go.