Now What?

Started by digginfool, April 29, 2008, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

Quote from: big-daddy on April 30, 2008, 03:32:38 PM

Great...... Now donate some flow ;)

Sorry, but after the Jennifer thing, I'm going to have to stick to the charities that I have chosen.  Not that what the guys did with the money was a bad thing; I'm glad it brought some sunshine to an otherwise gloomy holiday season for that particular family, but it wasn't what was presented.  What was presented was an attempt to save her house from foreclosure not showering her kids with gifts.  I know that will rub some of you the wrong way but that's just the way it is.  Don't hate on me because I certainly don't have ill feelings toward the guys who made the decisions with that situation.  
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

big-daddy

Quote from: digginfool on April 30, 2008, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 30, 2008, 03:32:38 PM

Great...... Now donate some flow ;)

Sorry, but after the Jennifer thing, I'm going to have to stick to the charities that I have chosen.  Not that what the guys did with the money was a bad thing; I'm glad it brought some sunshine to an otherwise gloomy holiday season for that particular family, but it wasn't what was presented.  What was presented was an attempt to save her house from foreclosure not showering her kids with gifts.  I know that will rub some of you the wrong way but that's just the way it is.  Don't hate on me because I certainly don't have ill feelings toward the guys who made the decisions with that situation.  



 

digginfool, no hate here. I understand your point and respect it.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

yunt2ride

Quote from: digginfool on April 30, 2008, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 30, 2008, 03:32:38 PM

Great...... Now donate some flow ;)

Sorry, but after the Jennifer thing, I'm going to have to stick to the charities that I have chosen.  Not that what the guys did with the money was a bad thing; I'm glad it brought some sunshine to an otherwise gloomy holiday season for that particular family, but it wasn't what was presented.  What was presented was an attempt to save her house from foreclosure not showering her kids with gifts.  I know that will rub some of you the wrong way but that's just the way it is.  Don't hate on me because I certainly don't have ill feelings toward the guys who made the decisions with that situation.  

Diggin, I feel the same way. That was misrepresented. I felt the same way as you. I also thought it was to put toward her mortgage. Getting the local stores to donate items would have been the correct way to do it and put all monies toward her house payments. I'm glad we helped her and her kids had a great Christmas, but if the money was to purchase gifts, then it should have been presented that way. Anoriginal jumped in to help save her home also and has done a great job. Budman started the thread and someone took off with it. Don't penalize him for it. He is a good person and that is why he wanted to help. I still felt good that I could help with what I could. Lets help one of our own and the reward will be appreciated and you can feel good about being able to give. I hope that I can give the next time someones in need instead of someone having to come on here and asking for donations to help me out because I have a problem or medical condition.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Quad32x

Quote from: big-daddy on April 30, 2008, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: VForcedave on April 30, 2008, 10:02:24 AM
That post was started just to get the ball rolling on some crap that has been flying around here for a while now.



Sorry, but it wasn't........... Just want to get a question answered and was put on open forum because the people didn't responce to his Pm. He did later responce to the Pm and I remove the thread.

Quad, tell us why you think Ricks butt crack is funny.  :o
Why would it not be funny unless it turns you on ?
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

JackL

I caught three peacock bass and a giant carp.  8)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Quad32x

Quote from: JackL on April 30, 2008, 09:30:50 PM
I caught three peacock bass and a giant carp.  8)
Dang Jack , you is the nigg.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

digginfool

Quote from: yunt2ride on April 30, 2008, 07:58:34 PM
Don't penalize him for it. He is a good person and that is why he wanted to help. I still felt good that I could help with what I could. Lets help one of our own and the reward will be appreciated and you can feel good about being able to give. I hope that I can give the next time someones in need instead of someone having to come on here and asking for donations to help me out because I have a problem or medical condition.


I'm not penalizing anybody.  As I said, I have no ill feelings regarding what was done in the Jennifer situation.  However, I feel I need to stick with my charities of choice.  I'm sure that Budman's ex-wife/mother-in-law was a fine woman and deserves a decent burial but my heart is with children that have catastrophic health issues and are fighting for their lives.  I watched my niece fight for her life for 5 years and continues to this day to have to face her demons during her twice-yearly check-ups.  It's an issue close to home and my charities remain my choice.  It doesn't mean I'm penalizing anybody if I don't give to the charity of another person's choice.  Best to you, Budman.  I do have empathy for your situation.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com