DRIVE BELTS SUCK

Started by Little redneck girl, December 09, 2004, 12:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little redneck girl

I JUST BOUGHT A BOMBADIER OUTLANDER 4004X4 AND I HATE IT.WHEN EVER THE BELT DRIVE GETS A LITTLE WET IT SLIPS AND BARELY RUNS,UNTIL IT DRIES OUT.THATS SUCKS.WHAT CAN I DO? AND THERE IS NO PLUG OR DRAIN FOR THE BELT DRIVE. HELP!!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ???
650 CanAM

02YamahaBigBear400

Hey tosha you can always put a plug in it. Simple 15 min job. Get a boat plug or a universal radiator plug. They are rubber and look like a top hat. A bolt runs through it and on the side you stick in to the hole has a washer at the end of it so on the outside you tighten it down and the washer pulls and the rubber expands inside the hold and the outside rubber butts up against the plastic sealing it and with it expanding on the inside it tightens it to the plastic so it don't fall out. When you want to drain your belt housing just unscrew the plug and pull it out and the water comes out. Its normally a wing nut or a lever that you push down to tighten it after screwing it in so you don't need a tool to take it off. There about $4 the most at an auto parts store. Just drill the hole with the proper drill bit size and insert and screw down. Thats it.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

Smoknbanshee

MAKE SURE WHERE YOU DRILL THE HOLE YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLEARANCE ON THE INSIDE......Don't just drill the hole anywhere, make sure you find a spot where it is convinient and will not cause problems.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Redgrizzly660

#3
U can turn it upside down and drain the water out.

Grizz

My daughter new Bombardier Outlander Max XLT just about 2 miles old she flooded the belt housing

02YamahaBigBear400

ya grizz that was us one night at the humps. We tipped her bike straight up like that to drain the water out of the belt exhaust snorkel.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

Nocturnal

Wouldn't it just be easier to snorkle the belt housing exhaust/breather? It can't be that hard. And in my opinion would be better than drilling a hole in the bottom of the bike.
2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags

big-daddy

Little redneck girl, If you want bring it up to Miami. I can take look at it for you, maybe we can solve the problem.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dreth

you can sell it and buy a honda! they dont have belts to get wet 8)

customrubicon

Quoteyou can sell it and buy a honda! they dont have belts to get wet 8)

True !!!! 8)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Redgrizzly660

#9
The Bombadier is a great bike U just need to snorkle the exaust belt breather under the seat.

Grizz

Little redneck girl

 ::)Thanks everyone,I'll try something.I'll let you know what later!I can't pick up my bike everytime it gets wet,thats crazy.
650 CanAM

Asphaltdragon

#11
QuoteThe Bombadier is a great bike
Trade it In for a "ALL WHEEL DRIVE SHAFT DRIVEN" Traxter XT
My Traxter XT runs like a tank thru water and mud check out this little video

www.instantimages.net/atv/shaftdriven.wmv
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Little redneck girl

 ::)How do I go about trading in my bike,I've only had it about six months,can I go back to where I bought it or can I go to honda which I really would like to do.But im not sure honda would take it in as a trade in since its not a honda,or should I just go back to where I bought it.HELP!!!
650 CanAM

NPRVinson

You will take a beatin' if you trade it in. Sounds like you just have a couple minor mods to do. It would be alot cheaper.

Little redneck girl

 ::)TRUE !I like my bike its just a few minor corrections that need to be delt with.I thank I would like to change the belt drive into a shaft driven if possible.OR I guess snorkel is my only other choose.Grizz if you see this did you do that to your daughters bike,if not what did you do?
650 CanAM

meathead1

yamahabig bear and grizz are both right they gave you the best info but you also need tomake sure that your belt housing is sealed properly sonrkle it drain plug it seal it cheap fix  GIT ER DONE THEN YOU WILL BE A HAPPY RIDER!!!!!!!
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner