Main Menu

Foam or k&n

Started by VelociRaptor350, December 30, 2004, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelociRaptor350

What do you guys use for your riding conditions in florida, in jersey its real muddy/dusty so a foam filter works out, but i heard sand will get through a foam filter.  thanks.
'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

T2

I used to run K&N with the prefilter and I noticed some dirt getting through, I switched to unifilter with the prodesign billit clamp and no dirt gets through , so thats what I ride with now.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

ppark350se

k&n let im more water and are better for car use becouse they dont trap as much air. I use the uni foam filter with the bilet clamp. it was a great improvment. just remember for anybody with a carb.(I know 700s are EFI) youll need to rejet most of the time with a new airfilter.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Honda250ex

I ride K and N, I think foam stinks, but the pros use anything ???
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Chillinthemost

foam is better for you motor. A properly oiled foam filter= no dirt in your motor. BUT I do run a K/N for the sand drags.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bbf

i run k&n in all my toys never had a problem

Da_Mtg_Man

I like Foam. It keeps more dirt out. but let's less air through
FLORIDA MUD RIDER