Pissed off gator

Started by budman, April 13, 2008, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budman

This weekend I was out at Holey Land, which was really wet. While going down a trail that had about 1-2 feet of water in it, I was leading Kyle and Laura, when I spotted a gator in the way. I kinda slowly herded him forward, hoping he would get out of our way. That was going well, even though he would turn and hiss at me and then continue. He musta went about 200 feet, and when the water got deeper, he went under. I waited for a minute, to see if he was coming up, or getting out of the trail, and when he didn't, I eased forward about 20 feet and ran over him. Oops... He shot out, spun around and latched on to my grille and headlight and started shaking it. Well, he wasn't letting go, so I put it in reverse, and tried backing up, and he started shaking the bike again and trying to get a better grip in the front. He bit my headlight and broke the bracket underneath, so I kept backing up, and finally he decided to let me go. Before he let me live, I snapped a few pictures of him with my phone.












[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

450rcrazy

Dang dude!! better the bumper than your leg!!

450rcrazy

That should get sent into Dirtwheels and other magazines!

Young Gun

Aww, little guy's hungry.  Got one taste of that Honda and said yuckey ;D
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

carg

Quote from: REBEL on April 13, 2008, 02:08:22 PM
Aww, little guy's hungry.  Got one taste of that Honda and said yuckey ;D

see now thats some funny.....

:drive.gif Great Pics man,  I think I would have shat my self.  LOL  <sofa peeky>

CABLEGUY1

Thats the craziest sheet I have seen or heard in a long time.If I hadnt seen the pictures I wouldnt have believed it. I guess when he went under and ended up close enough for you to run him over he must have been coming to get you. Good thing you didnt get stuck and have to get off and push.You may have been dinner. Cool pics.

gearhead400

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on April 13, 2008, 06:33:56 PM
Thats the craziest sheet I have seen or heard in a long time.If I hadnt seen the pictures I wouldnt have believed it. I guess when he went under and ended up close enough for you to run him over he must have been coming to get you. Good thing you didnt get stuck and have to get off and push.You may have been dinner. Cool pics.

x2  plus HAHAHAHHAHA did you wash out your underwear in the swamp water?! I've come within a few feet from some 5-6 foot gators on my kayak but i've always managed to get away without them caring, but if the came after me?! AHHHH i'd poop right there in my swim trunks lol 
 
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

klutchbuster400

If some wildlife fanatic saw this, they would say you attacked it.



But man that is pretty crazy, my girlfriend's brother told me he saw alot of gators out there today.

AmericanRobster

That is crazzzzzy man!!! I would have done a number 2 in my pants if that happened to me....
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

~Demon_Boy250X~

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on April 13, 2008, 10:35:24 PM
If some wildlife fanatic saw this, they would say you attacked it.



But man that is pretty crazy, my girlfriend's brother told me he saw alot of gators out there today.

Yeah I saw plenty more than i wanted to see. I am used to seeing them already just not soo close lol.

My first ride ever at Holeylands i went right by an 8-10ft gator... My dad stopped next to it so he could make sure everyone else didn't run it over. I flew by it i saw it when i turned around lol.
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

brett711

its mating season right now....looking for some love ::)
2007 honda rancher

budman

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on April 13, 2008, 06:33:56 PM
Thats the craziest sheet I have seen or heard in a long time.If I hadnt seen the pictures I wouldnt have believed it. I guess when he went under and ended up close enough for you to run him over he must have been coming to get you. Good thing you didnt get stuck and have to get off and push.You may have been dinner. Cool pics.


I'm glad he bit the bumper and not the tire!!! Actually, the one pic where you see him way out in front of me is where I had to get off and push cuz I WAS stuck. Them mud tires aren't made for reverse, and I'm only 2WD!!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Turboderf


SWAMP_DONKEY

  Just be Glad you Drink Bud...he would have ate you if not for the stench of your beer of choice. ;D  LOL  I am glad you didnt get caught....but thanks for the pics and story.

big-daddy

Good pictures Mike, Hey good news is you didnt drop your beer.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

budman

[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

94Hardbody4x4

Thank god you were ona Honda
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

shogun323

That is just insane. You've got to send that in!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Da_Mtg_Man

Hurry up and post up some pics of your new belt and boots. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on April 14, 2008, 11:40:34 AM
Hurry up and post up some pics of your new belt and boots. ;D

Hahhaha ........... I'll get some picture of them at the gator tail BBQ his having.   

Mike you know I would have plug that sucker.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

1FasterBlaster

 Awesome pics!! You sure your not a Seminole's fan?
   Back in the days, I would've jumped on top of him with a 5" Buckknife...noone attacks my quad without facing the Reeper!!

1FasterBlaster

 Actually, he's a biggin, I might have to think twice if I wasn't wearing chainmail!!

EigerGuy

wow that sux, i had a similar incounter but it was at night and i didnt see the gator until after i ran it over and started to head back to the levy
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

Fishtampa247

Should have redone your seat in gator skin >:D ;D

nena

[url="http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg"]http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg[/url]

www.atvmiaxtreme.com

gearhead400

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on April 14, 2008, 01:16:17 PM
Awesome pics!! You sure your not a Seminole's fan?
   Back in the days, I would've jumped on top of him with a 5" Buckknife...noone attacks my quad without facing the Reeper!!

hahaha
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

NYRAPTOR

that is insane budman !!but pretty friggin cool also. 

rancher1

If that would of happened to me that gator would of had him his own atv  :o

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on April 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM

Mike you know I would have plug that sucker.


Big Daddy is the reason they outlawed molesting gators.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Fox-Run

Thats  just crazy.......... :T    greats pics

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

budman

Ya think??? I was thinking it musta bee the BUD that attracted him!!!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

budman

What do you think? Should I try to get these pics in a mag, or what?
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

NYRAPTOR


renmus

Quote from: budman on April 15, 2008, 12:37:38 AM
What do you think? Should I try to get these pics in a mag, or what?

I think you should.  I would not start with The Audubon Magazine first though.

big-daddy

Quote from: JackL on April 14, 2008, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM

Mike you know I would have plug that sucker.


Big Daddy is the reason they outlawed molesting gators.


Ya thats right!            They taste good on the BBQ.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

1FasterBlaster

  I wouldn't mention the part about running him over. Just say,"He pulled a gun on you or something."

Fox17

Quote from: big-daddy on April 15, 2008, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: JackL on April 14, 2008, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM

Mike you know I would have plug that sucker.


Big Daddy is the reason they outlawed molesting gators.


Ya thats right!            They taste good on the BBQ.

we were in hobe sound on vacation one year and there is actually a sign that says "Do not molest the alligators. $XXX fine...." i was thinking wtf, who is gonna molest a gator? (besides big daddy)

big-daddy

Fox, I guess you haven't seen those Florida gator cheerleaders....  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

racefan15

Dude,,,hats off to you...You have much bigger balls than me. Im not sure my first reaction when being attacked by a huge gator would be to pull out the camera. After deficating in my shorts, I might have tried more dilagently to get away.
But the pics are awesome. Absolutely send them in to the ATV mags for sure.
And cool battle scars on the bike. I always make sure my bike looks like new after every ride but these are some scars I think Id be proud to leave on.

reticrich

I love it. Thats why we ride. Sorry about the bike, but its to cool

Rich
08 Polaris Sportsman 800
6 inch Gorilla lift
30 mudlites

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on April 15, 2008, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: JackL on April 14, 2008, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM

Mike you know I would have plug that sucker.


Big Daddy is the reason they outlawed molesting gators.


Ya thats right!            They taste good on the BBQ.


I thought it was what the FWC found you doing with this poor old gator... :dunno.gif


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

budman

I was out again in the everglades when I came up on this really bad smell, and then I saw the eyes....scary!!! they were glowing red and scared the bejesus out of me. This creature grabbed my bike and shook it even more violently than the gator did. I was really fearing for my life!! I tried to take a picture, and the beast grabbed my ice chest spilling the contents all over... I managed to get this pic of the skunk ape just before he darted into the bushes....








Oh, wait....maybe that's big-daddy...... my bad


[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

caospop

Quote from: budman on April 23, 2008, 04:56:21 PM
I was out again in the everglades when I came up on this really bad smell, and then I saw the eyes....scary!!! they were glowing red and scared the bejesus out of me. This creature grabbed my bike and shook it even more violently than the gator did. I was really fearing for my life!! I tried to take a picture, and the beast grabbed my ice chest spilling the contents all over... I managed to get this pic of the skunk ape just before he darted into the bushes....

Big Daddy after the hair implants







Oh, wait....maybe that's big-daddy...... my bad



2007 Polaris Sportsman

big-daddy

keep up Budman...... I,m going to shoot your cooler next time I see you.   But it look more like ma grizz having a bad hair day.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

shogun323

So.... Bigdaddy is the elusive Myakka Skunk ape? Nice
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

backwoods boy

Quote from: budman on April 23, 2008, 04:56:21 PM
I was out again in the everglades when I came up on this really bad smell, and then I saw the eyes....scary!!! they were glowing red and scared the bejesus out of me. This creature grabbed my bike and shook it even more violently than the gator did. I was really fearing for my life!! I tried to take a picture, and the beast grabbed my ice chest spilling the contents all over... I managed to get this pic of the skunk ape just before he darted into the bushes....






he musta really rattled ya cuz i dont know what you where thinkin taken pictures instead of gather up the spilled beers  :banghead.gif
just like that beef jerky commercial;do somethin brave then run like hell


Oh, wait....maybe that's big-daddy...... my bad



NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

JayDawg

Your a braver man than I! As soon as that thing would have latched onto my atv, I would not have stuck around and taken pictures! I would have been running away and screaming like a frightened school girl! The look on my face would have been similar to this kids!



05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

superstar

No way he couldve gotten that beer bro,,,,not with a cup holder like that. Lol,, thats pretty creative.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com