yamaha warrior ignition

Started by IT200, January 02, 2005, 12:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IT200

I was just out at Big Scrub over the holidays and have a problem with my warrior. It started as a little miss on acceleration then grew to backfiring and no power and finally to no spark at all. It has good compression. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what the solution was. Also does anyone know how to test the cdi box.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

TOY_DOCTOR

You can test everything but the CDI, if everything else checks good then the only thing left is the CDI, No way to check it just replace it..
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

big-daddy

if you didnt have ohm meter to check the system. see if you can find other warrior to sway CDI unit.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

05greengriz

I had a similar problem. I resolved the issue with a new stator. Let me ask , have or how many times has the key been left on. If you have a manual do a stator continuity check as the manual states. Hope it helps.  ???
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http