1.1 million at Croom

Started by Able, April 06, 2008, 04:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Able

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32623.msg384234/topicseen.html#new

You'd think that with 22,000 permits sold that there would be some improvements to the riding area  >:(

1.1 million isn't a ton of money for a place used by 22,000....... If the money was being used that is. I know they have expenses for personel and all, but I'd sure like to know  where the money is being spent, or where it's going. And that doesn't take into account the campers' money. Hmmmm

eldiablo64

#1
well it certainly isn't going into trail maintenance thats for sure.and i doubt if the rangers make more than 35,000 annually.   Paul should open another motoplex close to croom and get all that revenue at least he would appreciate it and use it to constantly improve the place.he does a great job with the plex and he doesn't bring in nearly that much.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Able

That would be interesting. Instead of just trails he could offer the same feature type attractions to compete with Croom and get more business. If he did something similar but not exactly the same it could alternate feature attractions with the original Plex and draw in more people, while not taking away from the Plex. Hopefully something like that will happen in the future.

450rcrazy

Quote from: Able on April 06, 2008, 07:57:48 PM
That would be interesting. Instead of just trails he could offer the same feature type attractions to compete with Croom and get more business. If he did something similar but not exactly the same it could alternate feature attractions with the original Plex and draw in more people, while not taking away from the Plex. Hopefully something like that will happen in the future.
I think part of the problem is the further south you go the more expensive property becomes! 4-5 hundred acres in Brooksville will set you back more than a few mill.

Able

Absolutely, which is why the first Plex needs to be up and running with good attendance before a second could be considered. Eventually / hopefully there will be such a crowd that a second will be needed to accommodate everyone, and would justify the expense.

FastestCub305

I gurantee if anyone opens a park in the broward/miami area it would be a hit!!!

TRX470r

Quote from: FastestCub305 on April 07, 2008, 07:58:51 PM
I gurantee if anyone opens a park in the broward/miami area it would be a hit!!!


2nd that!!!!
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

Joedirt

#7
I have never been to Croom S....LOL
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Is it legal to mud at Croom ? I was wondering because there are mud holes I've seen and I've seen some people running through them, but I know at ONF you can get a ticket for that. Is it legal at Croom, or do they just not enforce the no mudding rule ?

mrbones

You can mud all you want there. No rules regarding mudding.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

~Demon_Boy250X~

Quote from: Joedirt on April 10, 2008, 12:32:53 AM
I have never been to Croom S....LOL

Same... well once when i was 5 years old... I would really like to go but am trying to convince my dad to plan a trip up there...
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

klutchbuster400

Quote from: TRX470r on April 09, 2008, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: FastestCub305 on April 07, 2008, 07:58:51 PM
I gurantee if anyone opens a park in the broward/miami area it would be a hit!!!


2nd that!!!!
Ooooooooh yeah it will. Who ever opens it is gonna be.... how they say in my school....."BAWLIN!!!!!"

duroc825

I may be wrong but I believe the revenue from Croom goes into the "General Fund" of the Fl. Div. of Forestry. Makes sense because they sure don't put much back into it for whatever reason it seems. And property in Hernando Co. is at least 5 times the amount it is in Madison Co. And, that is if one could find land that would be allowed to be used for an ATV facility in Central FL! Way more treehuggers than in north FL.

shortcut

Quote from: duroc825 on April 10, 2008, 03:46:46 AM
I may be wrong but I believe the revenue from Croom goes into the "General Fund" of the Fl. Div. of Forestry. Makes sense because they sure don't put much back into it for whatever reason it seems. And property in Hernando Co. is at least 5 times the amount it is in Madison Co. And, that is if one could find land that would be allowed to be used for an ATV facility in Central FL! Way more treehuggers than in north FL.

Yep.
Is this all there is ?

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: duroc825 on April 10, 2008, 03:46:46 AM
I may be wrong but I believe the revenue from Croom goes into the "General Fund" of the Fl. Div. of Forestry. Makes sense because they sure don't put much back into it for whatever reason it seems. And property in Hernando Co. is at least 5 times the amount it is in Madison Co. And, that is if one could find land that would be allowed to be used for an ATV facility in Central FL! Way more treehuggers than in north FL.

I have seen land in hernando County for less than $5,000 an acre. A similar property in Madison county would be about that too. It is cheaper here, but like for like not that much cheaper.

You have to look though. Just need a little work to find good deals.

Here is 27 acres for 123,000, so if you were looking for a larger piece, the price per acre would go down too.

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/hernando-fl-34442-1097657929/