Viper winches

Started by Slick89, April 06, 2008, 05:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick89

I'm just curious if anyone uses a Viper winch. Are they any good??
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

jrpro130

Well, my buddy ran one for a while, no problems with the 3k.  He origionally had the 4k and it locked up after a few rides (we later found out, it isn't advertised as "waterproof"

I just burned mine today (venom 3k), so I'm going to take it apart, I'm not too happy, this was only my 2nd time using it.

Then again, I dont' feel bad (I used to have a warn) and one of the guys I was riding with burned her 2500 warn trying to pull an RUV taht I specifically told her not to!

Anyway, it's hit or miss with venom.  IMO it's worth the money if it works only a few times...it's 1/3 of the price of a warn.  The only reason why MY warn broke is because someone was stupid that I was pulling out and hit the gas in foward with slack in the line, they cracked my winch in half...no BS
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods