New Track at Ocala Speedway

Started by fastrnrik, April 05, 2008, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

 This is the thread where I will post updates on the progess and pictures of the new track I'm building at Ocala Speedway.


fastrnrik

I worked on the track all day today until I got rained out. I got a lot done considering none of my "helpers" showed up >:(

I have adjusted and changed the layout a little. Due to the shape of the property, the front straightaway is longer than the back straightaway. turn 1 will be a normal turn, but turn 2 will be a sweeper. Kind of a "D" shape. Turns 3 and 4 are long, sweeping radii, and should be f-a-s-t.

I will be back out there tomorrow and will try to get some pictures. 

fastrnrik

The TT track will be added after the oval is roughed in. There is LOTS of room in the middle for an awesome TT course.

koh0001

Sweet!! ....I can't wait. If you need any free labor let me know.
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

HondaATC

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

fastrnrik

I'll be out there all day tomorrow and Sunday movin' dirt.

Should get the land leveled out and the oval part of the track close to being ready for clay. I hope to rough in the TT this weekend as well.

WJDTRI

Hey Brady
   Hows the new track coming along. You logging laps on the "CAT". Checked your lap times yet?

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

The Cat is fast, (at least as fast as a Yamaha) but I've been having trouble "backin' it in".... ;D


stgsali

Hey fastr, Any new developments/progress? Or will we have to wait for the race date to see or hear anymore about it? lol You guys do a lot for the sport and the area. Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

ktm54


fastrnrik

Wow! Kurt Brady is on the computer.....


I never thought I'd see the day. :o

LostCause

Hey Brady
How did the trip go?
LPD has your quad........but it took them a while to catch me....



JK.
You have got a beast.  And the kill switch does work.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

fastrnrik

#12
The trip went good, just ...... L-O-N-G.......

Did you make the 11 o'clock news at least?

Call me next week and I'll come get my 'lil 250 before you hurt yourself on it.

2 wheeled flat tracker

Hey Brady I saw your quad at the Leesburg bike festival yesterday under the SSQA tent, I spoke with Brent? about the future and he appeared to be a nice enough guy.

They were also having a burn out competition right across from his display and I talked him into letting me use your bike for the contest and he said sure no problem, man those tires really throw off some smoke, I guess I owe you a new set of tires......

What is the new "quad" I'm hearing about that you had to import from North Kackalakki?

S.M.

fastrnrik

Quote from: 2 wheeled flat tracker on April 28, 2008, 05:23:59 PM
Hey Brady I saw your quad at the Leesburg bike festival yesterday under the SSQA tent, I spoke with Brent? about the future and he appeared to be a nice enough guy.

They were also having a burn out competition right across from his display and I talked him into letting me use your bike for the contest and he said sure no problem, man those tires really throw off some smoke, I guess I owe you a new set of tires......

What is the new "quad" I'm hearing about that you had to import from North Kackalakki?

S.M.

Yes, Brett is a nice guy (even though he's from Lake County ;)). I think with all of our combined efforts, dirt track racing in Florida will do nothing but improve. 

A burnout contest huh? Did you at least win? I know you normally ride a Yamaha, so it must have been a real treat for you to be on something that had enough power to actually smoke the tires ..... LOL

I don't know nothin' about nothin' about no new quad......... ;)

PANHEAD78

HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE ATV SIGHT.WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY HELP ON PROMOTING FLAT TRACK RACING IN CENTRAL FL.WHERE CAN I GO TO SEE UP COMING RACES? CAN I ASSIST YOU GUYS WITH NEW TRACK? ME AND A BUNCH OF AHRMA AND FTR TWO WHEELERS ARE DYING FOR A PLACE TO GO FLAT TRACKING. I CAN GUARANTEE STRONG SUPPORT FOR UP COMING TRACKS AND FOR GROUPS RELATED TO FLAT TRACK. IS THERE A SOUTHERN FLAT TRACK WEBSITE? THANKS PANHEAD78

fastrnrik

Here's a link to some info on our upcoming race at Ocala Speedway on May 17th

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32589.0.html

Did you come to the AHRMA race there during Bike Week?

WJDTRI

#17
Ocala/AHRMA

Was a great evening

Ward
#66Q

Picture Of Turn 1
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

guess I don t know how to attach multiple pics.

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

AHRMA/OCALA
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

#20
I give up!!

Ward
#66Q

Picture Of Front Straightaway, Looking Back Towards Turn 4
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

I enjoyed the AHRMA race more than the AMA race. Some them old bikes (and them old guys...LOL) are FAST!

HillKiller

Quote from: PANHEAD78 on April 28, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE ATV SIGHT.WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY HELP ON PROMOTING FLAT TRACK RACING IN CENTRAL FL.WHERE CAN I GO TO SEE UP COMING RACES? CAN I ASSIST YOU GUYS WITH NEW TRACK? ME AND A BUNCH OF AHRMA AND FTR TWO WHEELERS ARE DYING FOR A PLACE TO GO FLAT TRACKING. I CAN GUARANTEE STRONG SUPPORT FOR UP COMING TRACKS AND FOR GROUPS RELATED TO FLAT TRACK. IS THERE A SOUTHERN FLAT TRACK WEBSITE? THANKS PANHEAD78
There is limited info on

     www.southerndirttrackassociation.com
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

WJDTRI

Good Day To You Brady
   Hows the new track progressing?

Ward
#66Q
     
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]