Motorcycle Section

Started by fastrnrik, April 05, 2008, 01:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJDTRI

Not at all and am bummed as hell. Shoulder is not healing. Had xrays and mri yesterday. xrays says no broken bones....mri might reveal rotator cuff damage. Results not back yet. Can t lift my arm past half way and can t lift anything. Will be watching at municipal and the tbowl flat tracks
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Ward, Sorry to hear about the trouble healing. Hope that it isn't too bad and take surgery.
On a lighter note, Dirtbagger (John) and I are going to race at the Municipal Stadium tomorrow and Sunday (if it doesn't rain it out). Then with the couple of days I'm not busy, we'll be making sure the bikes are prepped for the Pro/Am on Friday. After the races this weekend, I'll be at Thunderbowl for the AMA TT on Monday and shooting pictures for the AHRMA races on Wed. Looks to be a busy week but the fun factor is going to be in the clouds. Hope to see you guys at the races!
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

i know what ya mean ward. mt shoulder felt like mush for about two weeks after i got ran over. luckly i could still move and lift stuff. hope you get better soon!
chuck and i are getting ready for the 6th. we'll be spectaters on the 4th so see ya there!

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

yfz122

#203
Had my shoulder surgery almost two weeks ago. I want to come watch but I don't know if I can make the drive by myself yet. I completely separated my ac joint.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Honda85

 Hey Ward,

  Do you have those new handle bars on yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's almost time---you know.

WJDTRI

shipped out of california last tuesday. Probably come in monday or tuesday.
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

hey ward -- do you use the number 7 or the number 10 bends on your bars?

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

Hey Donnie
    How did you do up north?
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 :o hey richard hope your ok dude!! i know you were trying hard to catch the flyin chipmonk cause i was right behind you. heal up and hair over man see ya at the next race!!

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

Nate, I'm bruised up more than anything. Nothing broken or dislocated. Went to the V. A. today and got checked out. They did an ultra-sound on my leg to make sure I had no blood clots. Kind of worried about it since the bike bounced off my left leg (calf and thigh). Left should and upper arm is sore and bruised but should be ready soon. I'll be the first to tell of you that the extra heat from the different layers of protection is well worth it. My jersey has some new holes and abrasions that make it good for wearing around the house wrenching on the bikes.
I want to thank everyone that got me off the track. We don't say it enough, but Rick, Liz and all those that help downed riders and check them out deserve all the kudos we can give them. I don't think I could have stood up by myself. I haven't figured out how I got turned around under the bike like that. I was stuck under it and couldn't pull my leg from under it. I know people thought that I was knocked unconscious but I remember everything and the reason I didn't move initially was to make sure I had stopped sliding. Plus, I was praying, when I heard the bikes coming around me racing, that I would be spared someone's wheel mark. :)
Again, thanks for the help people. So you know I am walking around, just a bit slower than normal.
Richard.
119
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

hey ward   (split vintage?)  your not scared of what me and chuck are building are ya? heh heh the ol honda is getting a face lift very soon and we have a frankinbike in the works too! you guys may be seein loud black things fly past ya!

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

Huffman Racing

Well guys, Im heading up north to Norwalk OH. today. Every one think about me out there witcha getting sidways. While Im there at the drag strip going stright. Im also picking up a new dirt tracker there that i bought, mmm  Be safe and have fun every one. cya soon....
Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing

WJDTRI

Quote from: supervcycle on June 03, 2009, 02:22:14 AM
hey ward   (split vintage?)  your not scared of what me and chuck are building are ya? heh heh the ol honda is getting a face lift very soon and we have a frankinbike in the works too! you guys may be seein loud black things fly past ya!

#38 nate

scarred?.....Hardly.......... Actually, trying to appease your whining A$$. I have never cared who I run against. You the one always complaining about all of us running together

loud black things flying past me?......lets see......loud-yes.......black-yes......flying past me? - only if it rains

Yours Truly
Ward Jones
Loud Yellow Thing Flying Past Ya!!!!!

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

say what? im not whining about anything! only thing i've ever said that if the bike count was big enough it would be nice to have a small cc class (125-360) and a large cc class (360-750) in vintage. im having a blast mashing everything i can out of the ol honda. you know both mine and chucks bikes have never had a bolt turned on the engines since 1971 and thats not bad since they only make 33 horsepower!
you guys will be seeing some fast black crazy bikes in the summer series. heh heh

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

One thing I would be willing to bet money on Nate.....is that you and Chuck have the lowest dollar per horsepower investment of anyone. Even if my bike was pushing twice as much HP....which I don t think it is.......am sure I paid more than twice what either of you paid for your bike.....so in that respect....you and Chuck are Are "Da' Man"
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

on the split vintage class thing. I have seen a few series where the split is 0-400 and 401 to open


SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

yep that would work if we could get a large turn out of bikes. i know were startin to see a few more show up here and there.
wait till you see chucks frankinbike im building him to ride in the summer series. it's almost done and we only have 250 in it. probably will have around 400 when done. should'nt be building this thing but he wants to go fast! he'll be the flyin chipmonk all right- right through the wall! lol

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

#218
Well you guys have at it. I'll be sitting out this race trying to heal up. The leg is still sore but it is coming along. I had a really deep bruise to my calf muscle and another to the outside of my leg. It would swell sitting down at the computer or standing trying to work on my hot rod. 
The shoulder and arm are a different story, though. Moving it wrong is enough to bring on some pain, Ward knows what I am talking about. The mobility is starting to get there, just not in time for this race, maybe the one at Jasper.
I'm still trying to work on the bike. It fared pretty well for bouncing on the track. It put several holes in the tank. More glass work. As much as I repairing of the tank I've been doing, you would think I was going into business for myself doing seats and tanks!
Anyway, I'll be there for the races and to take some pictures. I am also trying to go through what Eric had taken at the last race, I haven't been able to sit at the computer for any length of time.
See ya Saturday,
Richard
119
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Huffman Racing

Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing

supervcycle

 ;) don't know bout you guys but i had a blast last night racing at the thunderbowl!! i believe we had the biggest bike turnout i've seen yet which made for some great racing!! let's keep it up the bigger the turn out the better!

#38 nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

#221
I hear ya Nate. Also had a BLAST. My best race to date considering all the fast guys in vintage. I was dead at the end of the race. Had nothing left

VINTAGE RULES AND EVERYONE ELSE DROOLS!!!!
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Huffman Racing

Quote from: WJDTRI on June 28, 2009, 05:38:34 PM
I hear ya Nate. Also had a BLAST. My best race to date considering all the fast guys in vintage. I was dead at the end of the race. Had nothing left

VINTAGE RULES AND EVERYONE ELSE DROOLS!!!!
I was glad to make it to the races.  But all I seen was Wards rear fender again. Not bad on a bike that had a stock motor.

Donnie Huffman #31 Vintage
Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing

WJDTRI

#223
Quote from: Huffman Racing on June 29, 2009, 02:26:25 PM
Quote from: WJDTRI on June 28, 2009, 05:38:34 PM
I hear ya Nate. Also had a BLAST. My best race to date considering all the fast guys in vintage. I was dead at the end of the race. Had nothing left

VINTAGE RULES AND EVERYONE ELSE DROOLS!!!!
I was glad to make it to the races.  But all I seen was Wards rear fender again. Not bad on a bike that had a stock motor.

Donnie Huffman #31 Vintage

Hope you got a good look. Too bad you didn t have your helmet cam on. Pictures last longer.  ;)   From what I hear, you were close enough to read the writing on my fender. I was too scarred to turn around and look to see who was there.


SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Huffman Racing

Yeah wish i did have it on, darn it! you and the wife would loved it. Ok Ward next time..

Give your wife a hugg for me. :Hug.gif
Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com