Motorcycle Section

Started by fastrnrik, April 04, 2008, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayman

the problem is that the 125 is a very small bike  (pit bike) and it is not very fast
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

WJDTRI

I would think it is bigger and faster than the 85cc. I just think the 85 would be too small.
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

jayman

This is the style he has now   ;D



(I borrowed this from the for sale section  ??? )
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

I think the 85cc would be closer to a sized bike like we run. I remember a couple of years ago a kid with the nickname"Flyin Ryan" spanked us badly at Tbowl (it was a 2 smoke too) tuning up for bike-week. That 125 would be a bit weak and short on pumping some life into it. The biggest reason for a 4 stroke over the 2 stroke would be the broad power band. Of course on the 85 he would learn to shift to keep it on the pipe (way too peaky for me. I like the grunt of a big single). Plus it would handle tons better than that put bike.
Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jayman

I do not know the year of the bike, although he said it looked brand new.  Are all 85cc Honda's 2 strokes?
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

Is it a CRF or CR?
The CRF is a 4 stroke and the CR a 2 stroke. It could be an older XR which would be a 4 stroke. If it is a CRF or an XR it would be done on power compared to the CR but it would be an excellent beginner bike.
What is his riding skill?
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jayman

He seems to be pretty good.  He has been the kid racing Merit.  Hopefully it is the CR 85.  After looking on craigslist I do no believe he is actually getting a good deal.  I have found a lot of great deals on those little bikes.

I just wasnt sure if the 85 would be big/fast enough for a 135lb kid
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

A CR 85 should tote him around pretty well. There are a couple of kids riding a Honda and a Kawasaki in the peewee class that I believe to be 85's. Those are between that pit-bike and a full sized 'crosser and our flat track bikes, as far as size goes..
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Buy that kid a quad. I mean, c'mon, haven't you seen how the motorcycle guys turn out when they grow up? It's just scary.... ;D

jayman

Unfortunately this kid has it in for only 2 wheels  ???  I know that there has to be something wrong with him  ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

At least we don't need training wheels!
Besides, I think you quad guys are the nutty ones considering the acrobatics you have when you wipe out. I think that Thunderbowl track owner got several 10.0's with some 9.8's thrown in when he had his last get off!!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

Quote from: fastrnrik on January 06, 2009, 08:32:17 PM
Buy that kid a quad. I mean, c'mon, haven't you seen how the motorcycle guys turn out when they grow up? It's just scary.... ;D


Yea......we are all old crippled MC racers. Remember the awards day. I honestly noticed that almost every MC recipient, limped up to receive trophy. We can t walk but we can race fast. Quads will be no different though. They just haven t been around long enough yet. Sorry to say. And we were sniffing Blendzall fuel additive back then too. That stuff used to be great. 2 strokes would scream for 2 heats before it seized. Not even sure if that stuff is still around.

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

Quote from: stgsali on January 07, 2009, 07:20:09 AM
At least we don't need training wheels!
Besides, I think you quad guys are the nutty ones considering the acrobatics you have when you wipe out. I think that Thunderbowl track owner got several 10.0's with some 9.8's thrown in when he had his last get off!!

Second That!

Brady got a 10 for the save of the year too. I saw him a while back come out of turn 4 and both left wheels came high off the ground...........and he SAVED it. Was amazing, would not have been pretty. He was already getting close to the wall when it happened.....WFO
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 :o hey i didn't limp to get my trophy! motorcycles rule!

nate #38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

urmom


Hey guys,
I race at Thunderbowl all the time, but I was
looking to check out Aurburndale on 1/17.
If any of you have na e-mail address or phone number
I can use to get ahold of the track it will be much
appreciated.
Happy racing/ridding.
8)

                                                 Kristin
Kristin #5
    &
Ryan #7
Go green or go home.

WJDTRI

#190
LOOKING TO BE A GREAT (COOL) DAY/EVENING AT THE RACES

Alot of racers have confirmed their attendance.

The track is located at 5640 State Road 542 West, Winter Haven, FL 33880

Make sure you enter the gate on the East side of the Speedway and tell the gate attendant that you are there for the Flat Track races and they will let you park on the outside of the front straight away, if you have spectators coming later they will have to park with the rest of the people attending the fair.

http://www.auburndalespeedway.com/location.htm

Gate entry fee is $6.00
Race entry fee is $30.00 (payout will be determined pending the amount of entry's per class)
I am planning on having 5 classes- Expert, Amateur, Vintage, Super Senior, Pee-Wee

Gates open at 4:00
Practice from 5:00-6:30
Riders meeting after practice
Racing at 7:00

We are sharing the track with 2 classes of go carts so the program should move along quickly. Please email me with any questions you have. For those of you who have not raced at the track before it is a d-shaped short track with a clay based surface and usually stays very smooth, this is our first time racing at night which will help keep the moisture in the track.

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

hey ward watch out the flyin chipmonk has race tires and new lower rear shocks he might have somthin for ya.
ps: were both also lookin into some go fast stuff motor wise soon too! heh heh

nate #38 :o
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

Hey Nate
   Didn t know you fell. Not sure how I missed that? Just knew you and Chuck were not there at the end. Hope you are ok and is that why you left?
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

#193
ward
i laid the bike down comming out of turn two and rolled over the bike. and was ok. the guy behind me tried to avoid me but couldn't he ran over my shoulder and the engine case hit the back of my head and tko'd me. doc said i have a concussion and a badly brusied shoulder. im ok but it's taken all day today to get the cobwebbs out of my head can't seem to stop sleeping. shoudlders real sore but nothin broken. chuck and i both decided not to race on a wet track we both have kids to raise and businesses to run, can't afford to be laid up and not working. we'll be back but were not going to run if it's wet.

one more thing, my helment saved my life! make sure your helments are up to date with the current snell ratings!!



nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

Hey Nate
     Hope it is nothing serious. I know about helmets and safety. Totaled out a Harley street bike in April of 07. Helmet saved my life. I have back issues but am alive to talk about it.

Get Better Soon
Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 ??? feel a little better today but still haveing a little bit of a headache. bruse on the shoulder went from pink to black today but not as sore as yesterday.

shopping for a new helment

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

supervcycle

 :o hey anybody have a frame for a honda cl350? just realized mine is really broken on the left side. frame rail from front of motor to the swingarm is trashed! have no idea how that happened!
trackmaster or cheany frame will do.
nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

PANHEAD78

SUPER V CHECK WITH RASCALSCYCLE THEY HAVE ALOT OF EARLY HONDA STUFF AND WILL BE HERE FOR THE AHRMA STUFF IN MARCH.PH #413-233-8316.I SEEN THE CRASH ON THE 31 ST I WAS RUNNING DEAD LAST AS ALWAYS .FOR WHAT ITS WORTH THE GUY THAT NAILED YOU REALLY HAD NO WHERE TO GO.HERES WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY. DAMON#78.

supervcycle

thanks for the info! the guy that hit me came over and kept apologizing for running me over, i kept tellin him it was just a accident and thats racing. im good to go for this weekend as long as it doesn't rain! going to use my backup frame this weekend but i'll defantly check the guys out and see what they have.

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

supervcycle

hey ward
are ya gettin the ol yamahog back together yet?

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com