Sportsman 700 EFI Clutch Question

Started by bugmanjr, March 16, 2008, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmanjr

Does anyone make a aftermarket primary clutch for a 04 Sportsman 700 EFI EBS?
I have 29.5 oulaws with a lift and cant keep a belt in the bike. Ive tried heelclicker and that doesnt do much of anything. Also have a stiffer secondary spring which helps a little but stays in low gear ratio!
I also remember hearing something about swapping for a SP 800 primary? Hows that work? Is is mainly just to be able to run the 800 belt or does it grab better?

By the way I do mainly trail riding(sandy) and mud. Im not worried about the money just want the best clutch setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
bUg
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

PREDOCROSS

Go to www.hpd-inc.com or Hot seat performance online. I've used HPD before with good results. ;)

bugmanjr

Im not sure a clutch kit will help.
I was thinking a entire aftermarket clutch if there is such a thing.
I remember Cajun saying something about putting the 800 clutch in the 700.
Not sure what gains I would get?
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM