ITP Mud Lites

Started by Shotgun, January 30, 2005, 10:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

My stock tires on my 04 Eiger 4x4 suck. If I switch to Mud Lites do I need new rims? If not, are they easy to mount on the rims I have now? Are the Itp Mud Lites good for trail riding too? Is there a better tire I should get. I don't want something that is going to make the other parts on my stock Eiger wear out quickly. Thanks

MadMudder

They are a great tire :D I have some 25s and they are awsome. I can't say about puttin them on my mechanic did that but I kept the stock rim. They are about a 60/40 split for a tire. 60 being trails and the 40 mud. They arent the best tire for mud but will get u through just about anything that u come up on. They don't wear out parts and u don't see much of a power loss. I can go with my 2wd 250 the same places as my dads sportsman 500 4x4 with the stock tires can go. But i think ITP is making a new mudlite XT for the 25inch size. It is a deeper tread then the regular 25inch. But they are a great tire and also really puncture restince.(barbed wire ::) ) I would get them if you ride trails and mud or even just tralis. ;)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Chuck_Norris

GREAT TIRE I ALSO RUN THEM ON MY PRAIRIE. 28X12X12'S
YOU CAN MOUNT THEM ON YOU EXSISTING WHEELS, ANY TIRE STORE CAN MOUNT THE TIRES. IF YOUR IN THE AREA GIVE ME A SHOUT.

Kawa3

if you dont have a thing to break the bead or whatever it is..........go somewhere that does it
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Truegrit

You can brake the bead by driving over it with a truck, after you let the air out.  What type of riding do you do? Thats whta matters when you want tires. If its mostly trails I would reomend Bighorns. They will last longer than the lights. The cheif complaint I hear about the Mudlights if quick wear.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]