Average life span of a Battery

Started by Kawa3, January 30, 2005, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawa3

Just wondering because I have to replace mine about every 6 months
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

atvtrailer

on our suzuki quadrunner 250 (utility) we have had the same battery since we bought it and we got it in 2001, and it stil works fine
05 450r #13B

Chuck_Norris

QuoteJust wondering because I have to replace mine about every 6 months
cant realy put a finger on it. anything mechanical will fail it is just a matter of when. I have gotten 5 years out of the battery in my truck but I have new vehicles rolling in off the delivery trucks with dead batteries. my best suggestion in you case would be to measure the amp and voltage drop across the positive terminal and the positive cable. therefore determining if you have a parasitic draw.

MadMudder

I'm with atvtrailer. He has the same quad as me and i had to replace mine about 2,000 miles. That is about 1 yr or so i have had it.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

rubicon500kid

how much do they coast for a new one
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

eric

#5
I just got a new battery from Interstate Batteries and it was around $65. $20 cheaper than the atv dealership near my house. http://www.ibsa.com/estore/default.asp

Kawa3

i can buy them from the dealer for like $30
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700